Chapter Twenty Five

"...I don't understand.." I said as he stood there smirking. "C'mon Beth...I thought even you'd get this," he said and snickered. "I'm not in trouble with these guys, I'm their boss."

"What the fuck is going on Sam?" I nearly spat. My whole body was shaking. "Someone's gotten cocky ever since they've found themselves a new fuck buddy in Tyler." His words were like rocks. "Taylor," I corrected him. He stopped in his tracks and walked the two steps to me at a painful slow pace. He took out a pack of cigarettes and put one into his mouth. The lighter followed and his inhaled the poison before releasing the smoke into the air. He then crouched down in front of me, cigarette hanging out of the side of his mouth. "I don't give a fuck," he said. He blew a cloud of smoke into my face.

"I guess we better explain what's been happening to you recently." A chair was placed behind him and he sat down into it, facing me, but not as close as he had been. "When I left that note in your room, I wasn't lying babe."

"Now, let me think," he said leaning back into his chair. "Well, first things first, I wanted to punish you for being such a rude bitch. Me and my men went to the apartment block, and decided to ruin our apartment. I think it was an axe...yeah an axe...and they slashed the water pipes, till they realised, that they needed to smash in the fourth pipe for your floor. Idiots. Anyway, they left the job a bit messy, freaking out that they'd get caught, so they didn't do the same for the rest of the floors. We thought that people would cop on about what had happened...but no," he said and chuckled.

"Then, when I didn't get a phone call from you, begging me to help you out, I was very surprised. I got my men to stake out the apartment block, and one day they saw you going in and leaving with that stupid instrument of yours. We thought that you would have left some interesting information there, so my men decided to have a look around. That's when we learnt you were...actually shacking up with your new "man."" He stopped to take another puff. He seemed so calm. I must of looked calm too, but inside I was swimming in a sea of questions and confusion.

"So now we knew where you lived. And that meant we could follow you wherever you went. Even to that BBQ joint downtown with the singer in that stupid band. My men were ordered to slash the brakes on your car, but they messed up, once again, and did it to the wrong car. I was very annoyed with you at this time, and I thought you as distraction would take away from my work, so it was time to get rid of you. But when my men saw you walking away, well, other measures were put into place. We just wanted to give you a warning, one that would keep you on your toes. Evidently it didn't, you seem pretty scared." He leaned forward in his chair. "Are you scared Bethan?" A smile spread across his face. I spat into his face. He recoiled, wiping it away, and I nearly laughed. But then the familiar slap across my face followed. My sense of touch and hearing buzzed, the clap of his palm hitting my skin being more painful then the action. I was used to the action, even if it had been a while.

The men around him didn't laugh of jeer like they had been. It was as if the noise silenced them. Maybe they knew a lot about me, but Sam kept some details from them, about abusing me, proving to me he knew what he did was wrong.

They untied me from my chair a few minutes later, only to tie my wrists together and throw me onto the floor, near the staircase. I thought I could easily get up and run up the stairs, but they tied my ankles together. As Mickey tied my ankles together, I couldn't help but try to kick him. He grabbed my ankle, but gently placed it down, and tied the ropes, but not too tight. "Don't struggle too much, or he'll get angrier." "Trust me, I know what to do to make him angry and I'm used to what he does to me when he's angry." He couldn't look me in the eye. "Don't feel sorry for me. You beat me up as well. Go back to your boss...or he'll get angrier." He almost scurried away.

I tried to get comfortable, but it was pretty hard to do. Not only were my limbs tied up but there was something in my back pocket that meant I couldn't sit right. I distracted myself by looking over at Sam and his men across the room. I saw them open my bag and take out my phone. Then they smashed it up. Stomped on it. Sam chuckled and so did they but I noticed the Mickey guy not joining in.