Chapter Fourteen

I began to take a bite of my fourth slice of pizza. I felt someone's eyes on me. I turned to see taylor with a disgusted face. "...where do you put it all?" He asked. I scoffed as I laughed, eating a bit of the pizza. A smile broke out on his face. "I'm joking, it's actually impressive," he chuckled. I poked my tongue out at him as I dipped the pizza into some BBQ sauce. "Thanks again, Taylor," I said. "Stop mentioning it, okay?" he said, smiling at me.

I let out a small yawn as I put my plate in the sink. "Tired?" Taylor asked from the table. He stood up and walked over with his plate. "You could say that, it's been a long day," I laughed and mumbled at the same time. "Well, let me give you a tour of the place, we haven't even done that yet. Then, I'll give you some towels and you can wash up before bed," said Taylor, as he put the plates in the dishwasher. "What do you mean..do I stink?" I asked. "No! I just assumed you'd want to, you smell great I just-," he said and stopped when he noticed my smirk. "Calm it T-Tay," I chuckled.

"Okay, let's start from the front door," Taylor said. His living room where I had been earlier was to the right of us. It had a medium flat screen on the wall above a fireplace. A grey three seater couch was facing it, with an a matching arm chair one side and a two seater the other side. It was all open space. From the living room, you walked to the left and there was the kitchen. The kitchen had black cabinets with dark brown counter tops. The cabinets were at a right angle to each other and only covered some of two walls. There was a small, 1950s, black retro table with two matching chairs, where we had just eaten. In between the open floor plan, two walls were cut from meeting by an opening. Walking through it, there was two doors in front of me, a door to my right and a small staircase to my left. One door led to a small mustard coloured room with a music system, a vinyl player, bookshelf and a few shelves of vinyls and CDs. To the side of the room was three of Taylor's guitars and the floor was covered by a green Turkish rug. "Awesome," you breathed out.

The other room was the dining room. It had wooden floor boards like the rest of the house covered in the centre with red Turkish carpet like I'd just seen. The table was a dark mahogany as well, and large and long with four chairs each side. This room had a lower celling and the lampshade was small. I noticed a few more spare chairs to the side. "A lot of people end up coming for dinner," laughed Taylor. On the wall opposite door there were French doors leading out to the neat, plain lawn.

When we came back into the hall, Taylor opened the other door to a small bathroom. We went upstairs and there were two more doors. Side by side. "Urm okay so this one is my room," Taylor said and opened the door on the right. He quickly shut it and screwed up his brow. I ignored the action and opened the other door. "So is this my room?" I asked and walked in. The wall opposite me had a double bed against it. The headboard was a plain dark brown and the white duvet was huge and fluffy, along with six white pillows that made me want to dive straight it. There was a Navajo style thick blanket at the end of it. That wall and the the wall opposite were painted a grey and the two other walls white. Also opposite the bed was a smaller flat screen TV above a fire place. On the white wall near the door, was a wardrobe and chest of drawers. On the opposite wall was a vanity set with a small stool. All dark wood. I noticed the door in the room next to the Vanity. "The bathroom is through there," Taylor said. I walked past the end of the bed and smiled at the orange Turkish carpet, a running theme through the house. I opened the door to a small bathroom, with brown small tiles covering the walls. There was toilet, shower, and on the other side a countertop with a sink in it and a large mirror on the wall.

"Wow, this feels ten times more comfortable then my apartment already," I laughed. I turned to Taylor in the doorway. "Well, yeah, if my parents come down, I want them to be happy and all," he smiled. But I saw his smile falter slightly. This place must get lonely. "Okay, I'll get you your towels and then bid you a good night m'lady," Taylor said, walking out the room. I laughed and sighed, noticing how Taylor had already brought my boxes and bag upstairs. I fished out my phone charger and searched for the socket to plug it in. I pulled out the piles of folded clothes and put them in the set of drawers. I had a handful of my bras when Taylor walked in with the towels, but my back was to them. "I-," said Taylor but he was cut of by me screaming, turning around and throwing the bras into the air. It took me a second to realise it was Taylor but it felt like an hour as we waited for the bras to land. A purple lacy one landed on his curls.

"Well...," he began. "I play rock shows, so that's happened before...but I still don't think I was ready for that." I burst out laughing and quickly picked up the bras off the floor. As I stood up taylor handed me the bra that had fallen on his head. "It's a nice colour," he laughed as he put the towels down and left the room. "Good night B-dawg," he called from the hallway. "Good night," I called out to him, blushing as I thought about Taylor seeing me in underwear.

WAIT. WHAT. Bethan. You PERV. Are you high?!

I pushed the thoughts out of my head and quickly got into the shower. After twenty minutes I emerged and ran a brush through my hair. I walked around my new room more and tried to work out how to put on the tv, still in my towel. I pulled open the drawers to look for pjs that I'd packed away. When I couldn't find any, I remembered that I never saw any pjs. I pulled the boxes up from under the bed I hadn't unpacked yet and to no avail I couldn't find pjs. I realised that was he only thing I didn't pack up. I was tired and thought that they'd be an easy thing to put away when the new shelves came.

I looked at my sweatpants and tshirt I had pulled out. As I looked at them more, an energy sparked in me. Thinking about wearing these with Taylor when we were writing. Thinking about Taylor. I wanted to seem him again. I wasn't ready to say goodnight just yet.

I knocked on the door of his room. As I heard a muffled ,"coming" and the sound of his shuffling across the floor, I kicked myself when I realised I was still in this towel. Should I run back to my room? Pretend it wasn't me? Bethan, you're the only other person in this goddamn house. Oh yeah...shit.

The door opened and Taylor walked out. "You okay.." he began but then trailed off when he looked up. "Urm, I haven't got any pjs...could I?" I asked, hinting at the idea of borrowing some rather then out rightly saying it. "Yeah yeah sure!" He said and went back in. He walked out with a grey tshirt and plaid pjs bottoms. "They maybe a bit tight," he said, poking fun at my height and size. "Hey," I said,"I'm average in some countries...I'm taller than Hayley," I remarked. "Everyone is..and you're taller by an inch!" he laughed. "And a half," I mumbled. He chuckled. "Good night Taylor," I said. I wanted to say it so it hurt less to hear him say it first. "Good night Bethan."

I pulled the top over my head and the bottoms up my legs. The baggy material ironically was warm and close and confronting. I laid myself down on the bed and my suspicions of comfort were confirmed. I got a waft of something. Peppermint. Aftershave. Fresh air. Taylor. I feel asleep confused at how I was being soothed by the scent of Mr York, but not questioning how good I felt.