Chapter Twenty Six

*song recommendation for the first part of this chapter*

Jimmy Eat World- For Me This Is Heaven

Taylor's POV ,

"We...are...paramooooooooooore!" Hayley shouted into the microphone. The crowd went insane. I slammed down on my six string, the first few chords to "That's What You Get." My head naturally bounced with the music. I think I probably strained my neck or hurt it but in that moment, I ignored the pain. I may have just started the second song that we'd played live to such a huge crowd in a long time, but I was back in the game. That's what I thought as I lost myself in the song, almost missing my cue for my mini solo, where Hayley says,"Ladies and Gentleman, Taylor York!" When she stood next to me I caught on and focused on the next part but at the same time hearing my name was weird. Of all places for me to be distracted but it was just my luck. Hearing my name in full reminded me of what the police officers called me. It reminded me that I had a nickname that someone special called me. It reminded me of Bethan. And how I wasn't anywhere near to be over her.

Soundwave was insane. We played Sydney on the 21st and traveled through the next day to Brisbane to play on the 23rd. Hayley got a tattoo on her thigh while we were there, and all I could think of was the inkings of the words me and Bethan wrote (mostly Bethan) on her arm. We then went back to Sydney. We took the days up until the 1st of March to do press and go to listening parties of the album. I remember laughing with the guys and fans whilst jamming to the songs. It was all going well, everyone so happy that even when we played Part II, people didn't get emotional or dark. Everything changed when Last Hope came on.

I heard the first strum and instantly stopped talking. The first words flooded into my ears, like the way the memories flooded back into my mind. I didn't notice until I looked around, but everyone had gone silent. We were all silent as we heard the song play.

I always told Bethan she was amazing. And she truly was. And she had managed to connect to how many people in a room in Australia whilst she was somewhere in LA. I heard my voice yelling on the track and remembered how I tried to cheer up Bethan as we recorded the song. As the song ended I closed my eyes, and made a wish and prayer; that I'd try my best to get Bethan. Though I hadn't contacted her in the days since our fall out, it didn't matter in that moment in time. I was so aware of who I was and how I wanted her in my life. I got over my fear of performing after so long, and that was due to Bethan. Now I needed her back. Because every time I came off stage during the Soundwave tour, I went form an instant high to an instant low. And it was all because I knew that when I came off stage, I wasn't able to talk to Bethan, send her a text. The possibility of us being together seemed dead.

But that wish I made there and then and that prayer I made in that small recording space with strangers and some of closest friends came through for me. When the song ended, instead of the record playing, Hayley stopped it. "I think we all need to take an emotional breather," she said and wiped a tear away from her eye. I looked around and saw people doing the same. "That was amazing," a girl piped up. The room nodded in agreement. "Yeah, but there's something interesting about the song... I didn't write it, it was..." Hayley looked over to me. "Bethan. Bethan O'Connor from Please Clarify. Her and Taylor." "It's amazing isn't it?" Jeremy laughed. Everyone nodded again. "Yeah...she'll be so excited when she sees her name on the credits," I laughed softly.

And that's when the idea hit. I found Justin, our producer and Adam, our rep from Fueled by Ramen, after the listening party. "Hey guys, I was wondering if you could do me a favour?" I said. "Sure," Justin said and Adam nodded. "Well, I wanted to make a small alteration to something..."

/////////////////////////////////////

Bethan's POV

6th March