Chapter Twenty Four

16th February

I woke up in facing Taylor and wrapped in his arms. He was staring at my face and smiled as I poked my tongue out at him. "What you looking at?" I laughed. "I would say nothing but in reality I'm looking at something very special." I wrapped his Jimmy Eat World t-shirt around me more. "Ditto."

It was weird. The day after valentines day we avoided each other but I ended up sleeping in his bed again. Night terrors soon left my mind with him close.

"I'm gonna be gone most of today," Taylor said as we ate breakfast. "Paramore stuff for Soundwave." "Cool, I was going to go shopping for some new clothes, and give the ones I didn't want, to charity," I said, taking a sip of my tea. "So, if you need me, call my phone," I said and took it out. I clicked to turn it on. My screen came to life but suddenly my phone got very hot and the screen went black. "Shit, I think my battery fizzled out from being on my phone too much. I was never on it..before," I said. Taylor gave me a comforting smile. He went to a drawer and pulled out a blackberry. "Here, I keep it for emergencies, you can use it today if you need to get in touch. Everyone's numbers are on it." "Thank you!" I said and took it from him, sliding it in my back pocket of my jeans and flinging my arms around him. He then left and I sighed a sigh of content.

I went upstairs to pull on a jacket over my mewithoutYou t-shirt. I decided to pick a hoodie to stay comfy and had a mental debate over which pair of vans to wear. Even though it wasn't working, I put my iPhone into my bag and checked my back pocket for the phone Taylor gave to me. I pulled my hair into a pony tail. And then added some more blush to my face. The reason I'm telling you all this, all this detail, is because it reminds me how much of an ordinary day it was meant to be. And why I was never prepared for what happened next.

I walked out of the house, turned, and locked it up. Taylor's street was a quiet one, but today it seemed too quiet. As I walked to my car parked by the sidewalk a van drove down the street. I didn't stop to take it in or wonder what it was there for. It had no logo, it wasn't a business kind of thing, like a repairman. I walked to the door of my car and it was only then I noticed that the van had stopped dead in the street. The doors flung open. Men jumped out and as I was about to scream I felt a hood wrap around my head, my body lifted, and then thrown against the metal wall of the inside of the van.

/////////////////////////////////////

They strapped me to a chair. Wrapped my wrist tightly to the arm rests. Or what I could imagine they did. I couldn't focus. As soon as they had put me in the chair, my head pulled me forward. I tried to kick and get rid of them but I felt sick from the turbulent ride to wherever we were.

The hood was ripped away, and the light meant my eyes had to take a minute to adjust. When I came to my senses, I saw a group of men standing in front of me. I instantly recognised them. "You fucks!" I said and started to thrash about. They laughed in my face and I had to keep myself from bursting into tears.

They were the guys that had beaten me up in the alleyway, and they were back. I noticed the one that Taylor punched had a fading bruise around his eye and I couldn't help but be slightly happy. Taylor. How the hell would he know I was here? How could anyone find me for that matter when I didn't even know where I was?

"Stop struggling sweetie, and it won't hurt as much," he said. "Don't call me sweetie," I spat back at him. "Only men with balls can call me anything other then my name." His face contorted. "Really? I've always wondered...what would they call you if you were dead though?" I gulped.

"Sweetie," he continued. "It's not you we have a problem with. You're just the one whose stuck in the middle of all of this...we have a problem with someone you know very well." My heart stopped. Taylor. Not Taylor.