Chapter Ten

I heard my buzzer sound through my apartment. I groaned, pushing myself up from my bed slightly to see what time it was. 7 am. What. The. Fuck?

Suddenly the noise ceased. Maybe someone called for the wrong apartment like they sometimes do. Either way, I wasn't annoyed. I rolled over wrapping myself in my sheets, delighted at the aspect of a few more hours of shut eye.

The buzzing started up again. After screaming into the pillow, I dragged myself out of bed and stepped into my Minnie Mouse slippers before shuffling over to my door.

"What is it?" I said into the speaker, hoping the venom in my voice would actually hurt them. "Good Morning Sunshine," said the familiar voice with a giggle shuddering through it. I blushed and perked up a bit. Taylor had eased my anger, but not immensely so, as no one really should mess with me when I try to sleep. Sleep was very valuable at the time, seeing as I'd finally been getting a lot of it. Ever since I told Taylor about Sam, ever since I wrote "Last Hope."

"I don't feel very sunshiny right now Taylor," I laughed and regretted it afterwards, as it it gave me a small headache. It was the 12th of the month, but it felt like it had been a year, seeing as how much is been doing. It was crazy how much work I'd done in two weeks compared to the past few years.

"Listen, the weathers amazing, I feel amazing, you always look amazing, so put on your sweats and lets go for a jog," he said. I wanted nothing more. It sounded perfect. But I didn't want to give in too easily. "I'm not sure..." I trailed off. "I'll buy breakfast from Gino's," he said. "Well, when you put it like that...I'll be down in five minutes."

I ran through the apartment like a child, to my bedroom and straight to my wardrobe to pull out a pair of black, knee length yoga pants, a sports bra and a thin grey hoodie. I pulled on my old vans and grabbed my sunglasses, keys and phone before running down the flights of stairs.

I walked out into the warm atmosphere, but was pleasantly surprised that the sunlight was muted. Another pleasant aspect was to see Taylor standing on the other side of the gates. "Seeing how early you woke me up today, I'm glad to see you behind bars," I laughed, as I fiddled my keys to find the right one. He put his head through the bars and held onto them, pouting at me as he did. I laughed and pulled out my phone quickly to take a picture. "Hey!" he laughed, and I finally opened the gate. His arm wrapped around my and pulled my into his side, squeezing me. "Well, I've missed you so much, I just couldn't wait," he laughed. This was true on both of our accounts. We hadn't seen each other since the studio when we recorded "Last Hope" and when I told him about Sam. It was also when we almost kissed, but I wasn't sure. Since then over the course of three days we texted none stop. My neighbours knocked at the door to see if everything was okay. They just hadn't ever heard laughter from the apartment.

"Urm..where's your boyfriend? The young blonde man?" asked the middle aged women. She had kind eyes. But they held guilt. I knew they heard him beat me, and saw me putting out the trash when I was bruised up and down my arms. They never said anything. "He's not my boyfriend anymore and he's moved away," I said. The woman nodded and smiled. I didn't blame her for not saying anything. I realised over time just how scared we all are of everything.

The funny thing about Taylor wanting to see me was that I was planning on seeing him tonight anyway. Well, the whole Paramore family. It was a just a causal meal to celebrate the album, and I was also invited. It felt good to belong, but I also felt this sensation I would soon no longer belong, or they'd realise how toxic I could be.

We walked on the side walk in silence. It wasn't an awkward one. It wasn't like when Sam would make me feel on edge as if he was about to snap or to give me the silent treatment to make me feel bad. It was a "content" silence.