Chapter Fifteen

Taylor's POV

27th January

I walked downstairs to the smell of bacon and the sound of the toaster. As I turned the corner I was hit by the sight of the back of Bethan. She was wearing grey sweatpants and my t-shirt I'd given to her a week ago. I could make out so much perfection and it was only the back of her. How her hair was in a messy bun and some curls fell down onto her shoulders. The baggy shirt slightly slipped over her shoulders and I admired the her delicate collar bone and the slope of her neck. The way her feet stood one on top of another reminded me of a little child, so cute and sweet. I felt my eyes trace where the shirt had hitched slightly and I could see just a over her hips and what appeared to be a dimple on her back. My eyes momentarily looked at her ass as well, but that doesn't sound as romantic. She turned and smiled. I don't think I have enough time to list all the amazing things about the front of Bethan.

"Morning chicken," she said. I walked over to her, smirking and raising an eyebrow. "Chicken?" I asked. "Well, seeing as I'm making you breakfast and I've cleaned up around the house, I'm indulging in the many gender stereotypes, so why not do the full throttle and turn into a 1950s couple with all that retro lingo, completely?" she smiled, and then turned red. It took me a moment to laugh after my mind blowing at the fact that she had called us a couple.

"Well, it smells delicious pumpkin pie," I said and sat at the table. After a glorious minute of listening to Bethan hum in her melodic voice, she served me a bacon sandwich. As she sat down, she continued to hum, as she munched into the food. "Do you realise what you're humming?" I asked, smiling. "No, what?" she asked, knitting her brow. I was distracted by the cute gesture for a second before responding. "Last Hope." "Oh my god, yeah...wow...it feels like forever since we wrote..." she said. She was quiet for a moment. "You okay?" I said, nudging her ankle with my foot under the table. "...yeah, yeah, fine," she smiled at me. She wasn't. We hadn't talked about her mental state for a while. But in all honesty, I think that was good for her.

I think I had one of the best weeks with Bethan that I'd had in a long time. Every morning was a lie in, before one of us made breakfast and waited for the other to come downstairs. We'd become recluses for a week. Wearing sloppy clothes around the house, and only ever opening the door when there was a package delivered to the wrong house. That and to pay for the takeout delivery. Every night was junk food. After really feasting, we'd each have a sofa to ourselves to sprawl across, moaning about how we wouldn't pig out the next night. That never happened. The days were filled with watching movies, playing music we liked for each other or engaging in wrestling. The playful kind over who got to pick the movie. I'd let her push against me before picking her up and throwing hear onto the sofa, gently of course, and tickling her. "I won't stop until you say Taylor T-Tay York is the sexiest man alive!" I recalled. She was on the sofa and I was on my knees on the floor next to her. "Ne-nev-never!" she said, in between spasms of laughter.

"Your choice," I said and tickled right under her chin. "Alright- Taylor T-Tay York is the sexiest man alive!" She shouted. I rested my hand either side of her and held myself above her. "See? That wasn't so har-" I was cut off as she jumped on me and wrestled me to the ground. She straddled me and pinned my arms either side of me. "I know, I'm stronger than I look," she laughed. As she did, her beautiful curls shook, highlighted by the sun peaking through the blinds. She looked at me and her smile became a shyer one. I breathed heavily.

The week had been filled with amazing moments like that. Brushing hands and suddenly not being able to breath. Electricity sparking at my nerves. Like when I invited her into my room and knew that was a bit stupid. We brushed passed it all. With Bethan, I was so much more outgoing and comfortable, but even then I wasn't going to say anything about...well...whatever we were.