Chapter 10

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Poppy's POV >
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀(NSFW Warning)

Poppy was in her house, curled up on her bed. She was angry and confused. The pretty Queen had her legs tucked against her chest as she laid on her side. Creek had arrived after she'd told herself a hundred times over that he was dead. His honey-sweet voice rung in her ears. But this time, like she used to, she didn't feel that warm happiness creeping through her. She felt nothing but hatred towards Creek. He had betrayed her along with all his friends.

The Queen soon lifted herself up and leaped off her bed. She wasn't going to stay cooped up here forever. She'd been grieving for two weeks already. Her people needed her. Even though the thoughts burned through her mind, she didn't listen to them. She sighed and left her home, slipping off into her little pod. It was a soft, dark pink flower where she usually taught her small class. When she wanted privacy, or she was teaching, the petals would fold up and block her from another's eye.

It automatically spread open in front of her as she approached and then encased her inside. It was peaceful in here. It smelled strongly of nectar and spring. She enjoyed it very much.

Poppy sat down, her legs crisscrossed and her gaze settling on the fuzzy walls of the flower pod. She set her hands in her lap. Everything was still feeling strange to her. Branch had been able to recover her colors and turn her pink once again. She remembered the happiness she'd felt when his lips collided with hers. Such joy and excitement had taken ahold of her that it was hard not to be happy again.

She felt herself slowly recovering from Peppy's death. But she still deeply missed him. You have Branch, said a voice in her mind. She sighed and closed her eyes, letting an image of the handsome bright blue Troll float in her brain. She wanted him here now. But she wasn't entirely sure where he was.

After a few moment's pause, the Queen leapt to her feet and quickly scrambled out of her flower pod and out into the village.

A few Trolls called a greeting towards her as she passed them but she was too intent on finding Branch at the moment.

His house came into her view, but before she could take many more steps, another body slammed into her. She was knocked to the ground and thrown into a patch of bushes. She winced as the prickly twigs snagged her soft pink flesh and gave small red scratches.

She half expected to see Branch standing over her. But to her horror, it was Creek. His eyes gleamed hungrily and she caught a trace of rage. She hardly recognized him with this expression. He was usually so calm and polite.

"Oh, my little Poppy," he cooed softly as he leaned closer to her.

Poppy's heart thumped fast in her chest. "What do you want, Creek?" she snapped. She cringed as she felt his body pressing against hers. This was absolutely revolting.

"I've been waiting so long for this moment," Creek purred, brushing his hands over her body.

Poppy's breath hitched fearfully in her throat. Deep down, she felt she knew what Creek meant. But she also did not want to believe it.

"I'll make sure you're mine!" he growled. "That Branch idiot will never be as good of a Troll to you as I will!"

"Right, because good Trolls put himself before his friends." Poppy rolled her eyes, her voice heavily laced with sarcasm.

"I'm certainly not perfect," he replied. "Now stand still." He grabbed her body and slammed his hand over her mouth before she had the chance to peep a word. He dragged her deeper into the undergrowth and carried her to a part where no Troll would hardly ever come to. She fidgeted in his grasp, fighting hard to be released. But every time she struggled, his hands clamped down harder around her limbs. "Calm, Poppy," he grumbled.