Chapter 24

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Branch's POV >
(There will be some more lemon at the end of the chapter, just to let you know hehe)

Branch stood face-to-face with Poppy, their eyes locked and their expressions full of love and affection for each other. He took the pink Troll's hands in his, straightening up his posture slightly.

Poppy was wearing a silky white stress and her usual flower crown. Her hair was neatly brushed up over her head, making Branch love her even more. Everything about he was absolutely perfect to him, and he was happy she was his.

Branch was wearing a black tuxedo with a cute little red bow against the collar of the shirt. His dark blue hair was also very neat-looking and shimmering beautifully in the setting sun. This was the most exciting day of his life by far. The two Trolls had been waiting forever for this to happen. And now it was happening. They were getting married at last.

The wedding vows were said, and the priest went about with his words and everything. But the whole time, Branch was just staring lovingly into those pure, beautiful bright pink irises. The only words muttered from his mouth were: "I do," when the priest asked if he accepted Poppy. He didn't need to be asked twice. The words had rolled off his tongue pretty much instinctively.

When they were finally allowed to kiss, Branch collided his lips against Poppy's, embracing her in a hug as he did so. The sweetness of her breath and her skin mingled around him. It smelled like sugar, flowers, the spring air, and heck, she even kinda smelled like him now. The two lovers kissed for quite a while, the cheering of their friends bursting all around them.

Branch watched as the evening turned to night, stars twinkling brightly above with the moon hanging just by. "Look, Poppy," he muttered, pointing with his hand. "Stars."

He knew she loved to look at them, and she slowly moved over to his side to lift her gaze up to the sky. Her stomach had become much more swollen. It probably had been a month since Creek's execution. "Such a lovely night," Poppy said with a sigh, looking up at him with bright, happy orbs.

There was a quiet, calm little after party going on around them. The others were having heartfelt conversations, some were eating from the banquet left out, and others were dancing as some soft, slower music played.

DJ Suki, as usual, was conducting the songs played. She smiled brightly as she caught eye contact with Poppy and Branch, winking slightly before turning her bead away. She was looking very prideful at the moment.

"She's happy we're together," Poppy commented. "Everyone knew this would happen eventually. Especially after our moment in the pot all those months ago."

Branch smiled as he remembered singing True Colors to her, and they had both regained happiness and hope that they would live. And that hope had worked. Positivity always works, Branch thought, remembering what Poppy had told him countless times.

"Shall we dance?" the bright blue Troll asked, taking his wife's hands in a tender grasp.

"I'd love to," she replied, smiling widely.

Branch guided her over to the other Trolls dancing. Thankfully, him and Poppy had healed most the way from their injuries. But many bruises and scraps still marked their skin. Branch would stumble every once in a while from his still-recovering flank. Poppy tripped much more than he did, and he was sure to stay by her side when he could. He didn't want her to fall and hurt their unborn child.

The two slowly started dancing with Poppy's arms slipping around his shoulders and his hands very gently grasping her waist. He pressed his forehead against hers, his eyes twinkling in love but with also a small hint of lust.