Chapter 9

(Lucas' POV)

"Do we need anything else?" I ask mainly to myself as I watch JJ, Jaymi and Josh whirl around uncle Niall and Uncle's living room, hanging up banners and balloons.

Georgie gets out of the hospital today so my uncles have gone to pick him up, they don't even know about the small welcome home party that I organised.

"Just food." Josh calls over to me whilst hastily pinning up a welcome home banner with little fortune, once one side stays up the other falls.

"Food!" I exclaim running to the kitchen having forgotten that I had put food in the oven. The lush, tantalising smells surrounding me, allowing me to breathe with relief.

Quickly I bring the food out of the oven, switching it off and setting the food into the platters I laid out earlier. Pigs in blankets, sausage rolls, sandwiches, spring rolls, chicken wings and everything else I could find.

"They're here!" A voice yells from the living room, presumably Jaymi who I asked to keep lookout, I sprint back to the living room switching the lights off as I pass them and jumping behind one of the many sofas.

Moments pass before the faint sound of chat is heard from outside, faint Irish and Wolverhampton accents mixing together, slowly the door opens and the lightly switch on.

"Welcome home!" We all shout, jumping out from our hiding space, scanning their faces I notice a mix of emotions, Georgie looks surprised and gleeful, Niall looks surprised also but Liam, uncle Liam looks angry, furious even.

"What's going on?" Georgie asks, scanning the room, his smile widening with each second, "is this all for me?"

"Yep, wanted to welcome you home from the hospital!" I exclaim running over and wrapping my arms around him, not being hugged back due to him needing the crutches for support.

"Thanks guys. Thank you all so much!" He says gleefully, as I pull away from the hug and walking over to the sofa and sitting down where George joins me.

"It was all Lucas' idea. All we did was hang things up." Josh tells him with a weird expression, as if what he said has a hidden meaning.

"Lucas' idea, huh?" Liam says shooting his glare in my direction, "You could have told us what you were planning." He sneers.

"Sorry, I just thought-"

"Obviously you thought nothing!" He yells, face red with anger, pointing his finger in my direction.

"Li..." Niall says calmly causing Liam to storm out of the room with a huff of annoyance.

Silence befalls the room, eyes on the ground below us, "This is brilliant thanks Lucas." George says shyly.

I smile in his direction, before walking out of the room to find Liam, "What did I do that was so bad?" I yell at him once I find at his desk in the study.

"What?" He says turning round in confusion, slightly startled to see me.

"All I did was throw a wee welcome home party but no!" I exclaim ,"I'm the worst in the world!" I throw my arms up in defeat.

"You. Are just a little boy, grow up Lucas!" He retorts dryly. He rolls his eyes in disgust.

"No!" I yell, "Why can't I do anything right for you?" I scream.

He chuckles lightly as if this is a joke to him, "You are a bad influence on George. The sooner you're gone, the better." He tells me quietly, getting up.

"Don't you dare speak to my son like that!" A voice yells from behind me, I turn round and see Daddy Louis standing there, red with fury.

"Louis I-" Liam tries to say.

"No Liam!" He yells, cutting him off, "Lucas, grab your bags we're leaving."

I look over at uncle Liam who just rolls his eyes once more. He doesn't even car. I turn to my father and nod walking down the hall to my room seeing George standing outside the study looking horrified, he goes to speak to me but I keep on walking.

-----

We checked into our hotel room and flight tickets back to Paris were booked for the next morning.

From Georgie x :

[3:46pm]

Lucas I am so sorry about my dad, I loved everything you planned for me! I'm completely mortified. Let me know when you get to the hotel. Xx

--

From Georgie x :

[3:55pm]

Lukey-Lou you ok? Xx

--

From Georgie x :

[4:38pm]

Babe? You not talking to me? Xx

--

From Georgie x :

[5:27pm]

K then...

--

I groan internally, it's not that I'm angry at George, I'm pissed with Liam I just don't want to speak to any one.

-----

(George's POV)

"Still not replying?" Josh asks sitting down beside me on the sofa and slipping under the blanket as I snuggle into him trying to ignore the pain shooting through me.

"Nope, nothing." I tell him.

"Too bad." He tells me wrapping an arm around me pulling me close. We sent the other boys home but Josh refused to leave, "I'm here though."

"Thanks bud." I tell him planting a kiss on his cheek. "What?" I ask with a smirk noticing he's blushing.

"Nothing..." He tells me hesitantly.

"No, what?" I ask with a chuckle moving his face round with my finger to make him look at me, his face above mine looking down deeply at me.

He doesn't respond, instead slams his lips against mine, his rough lips moving against mine, unable to move from shock. Slowly I relax into the kiss moving me lips lightly against his unsure of what to do as it's my first kiss, feeling quite unnatural.