Chapter 20

(George's POV)

I woke up the next morning after JJ's three options feeling very confused. I want to keep seeing Lucas but I can't hurt Josh.

I had received a text from Lucas saying his roommate was away for the day and he invited me over which I gladly accepted.

I arrived shortly after to see the lights off and candles flickering and a chilled bottle of champagne resting on ice.

As predicted we had passion filled and romantic sex on an arrangement of pillows and cushions on the living room floor.

After I somehow ended up in a bubble bath in Lucas' bathroom with soft music playing in the background. One hand cushioning my head from the wall the other holding my glass of champagne.

Lucas is lying on the floor facing me; whilst leaning against the bath in nothing but a blanket draped over him.

He lights up a cigarette exhaling the smoke into the room creating a light fog. "Can I ask about them?" He asks shakily, looking down at the ground as he flicks some ash away.

"I was waiting for this." I say sinking down into the water further knowing he seen my scars and cuts.

"Some look fresh." He says sounding worried, "I'm worried about you."

I snort loudly, "I'm sick of people being worried about me." I splash a handful of water over my face.

"When did you start?" Lucas asks.

"Lucas?!" Someone shouts from somewhere in the apartment, an English accent and male.

"Dad?" Lucas shouts back looking panicked.

"Yeah! Harry and I came round to visit." Louis shout, it sounds clearer, he must have moved to be standing outside the door, "You shouldn't leave candles burning unattended!" He scolds, "What are you doing in there come out here."

"Louis..." Harry's mumbled voice comes through the door as he talks to my uncle, "there is two sets of clothes out here."

"Lucas do you have someone in there with you?!" Louis shouts banging the door. "If that's Jake, I'm going to kill you both!"

"It's not Jake!" I call back as Lucas stares at me with wide eyes.

"Oh god." Lucas mumbles.

"George Paul Shelley Horan-Payne get the hell out here right now." Louis shouts as Harry tells him to calm down, "Damn you have a long name!"

"Erm... Hold on..." George shouts back hesitantly. Reaching for a hanging towel, he climbs out of the bath and wraps the towel around himself.

Following George's lead I tie the blanket draped over me around my waist as we unlock the door to see a slightly nervy looking Harry and a very pissed of Louis. "And how do you think Josh would feel about this?" Louis asks looking between George and I.

What business is it of Josh's.

"Josh has no right caring!" I exclaim with a short laugh as George stares at the ground and Louis looks at me with confusion.

"What the hell are yo-" he starts to say but pauses turning to look at George, "Shall you tell him or shall I?" He says with a sudden look of realisation.

"Tell me what?" I ask feeling extremely confused, what are they talking about.

"Lucas... I'm sorry." George says looking up at me with a fragile whimper.

"Sorry about?"

"Josh and I..." He pauses, obviously pained. "We... We... We're engaged."

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I ask calmly, feeling enraged inside.