Chapter 22

"Welcome everyone!" The host of the New Years ball drop shouts into the microphone, none of Union J knew his name but all recognised him from somewhere. "We have a very special group here to perform in our studio later, all the way from England; it's Union J!" He announces loudly as the crowd outside burst into a mountain of cheers.

George looks over to JJ who gives him a reassuring smile. George has been worried about his performance knowing that his recent habits haven't been great for his body and voice, praying he manages to put on a good show. Josh comes over to him kissing him lightly on the cheek and wishing him good luck. They stand behind the curtain on stage waiting for their moment.

"Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!" Lucas swears as he runs down the hallway of a building in Times Square, "We're going to be late!" He exclaims to Sarah who is running alongside him as the approach the studio; walking past an flashing their tickets at the bouncers.

They quickly find their seats alongside Louis and Harry. Who used their fame to get tickets of their own.

"Now tonight is a brilliant night not only because we have such special guests but also because for the first time in years we have all members of One Direction present at this event." The host call out as they cheers to the memories of the once great band, who unfortunately split. "For reasons unknown Zayn left contact with the other members many years ago but only recently did Niam and Larry part ways but also Niam became no more!"

Louis rolls his eyes, fed up of media attention, "Why are the other three here?" Lucas whispers to his parents, feeling left out.

"Why do you think?" Harry responds as if it's the most obvious thing in the world, but still Lucas feels clueless.

"I dunno." He admits feeling rather embarrassed.

"You don't know?" Harry asks, causing Lucas to shake his head, "Just wait and see."

"We are glad to have them all here tonight though to support their own. Please welcome to the stage, George, Josh, Jaymi and JJ." The host calls out as the curtain lifts showing the four boys smiling brightly out at the crowd waving as they cheer.

At his table; sitting beside Liam, Niall watches his son on stage as he smiles happily, surely his son couldn't be depressed to the point of self harm, he would have known right? Niall decided not to tell Liam knowing he would make things worse. Niall's priority is George and he needs to speak to him.

Lucas watches, stunned by what he sees. He shouldn't have come. If he knew it was George's band he wouldn't have. Never. Not after what happened. He begins to panic, unsure of what to do when his eyes meet with George's.

The instant George spots Lucas he freezes unable to hide to his shock of seeing him here. He needs to speak to him to fix everything. If he ever truly thought he could put Lucas behind him in a spilt second it was gone and he had fallen in love all over again. That's what love is. No matter how hard you try, love just is.

"Now boys." The hosts says to them, "I understand that not only are you a boyband but George, like your fathers before you; you are engaged to a fellow member of Union J."

George focus on Lucas not paying attention to what is being said instead pleading for forgiveness with his eyes to Lucas.

"Erm...." Josh says shakily confused as to why George has frozen, not noticing Lucas' presence, "That's right. George and myself are looking forward to being able to get married but we want to enjoy this life first but I love George so much." Josh tells the crowd shakily earning 'Aw's' from them.

"Well that's brilliant." The host smiles, "Now," he says enthusiastically to the crowd, "Union J are going to play their hit single, 'Carry You' for us." The crowd cheers happily as the boys prepare, George bringing his attention back.