Chapter 18

(Harry's POV)

"Thought you weren't flying in 'till tomorrow?" Niall asks looking at his ex-husband in shock.

"Managed to get off work earlier and got switched to an earlier flight." He says with a bright smile.

"Where's your girlfriend?" Zayn asks.

"She stayed at home, plus George hasn't quite warmed up too her yet if you must know." He retorts dryly to Zayn. He turns to me, "You not going to offer to buy me a drink?"

I laugh picking up my own drink swirling the remains around the glass and look up at Liam with a smirk, quickly before he moves I lash my drink over him at he stares at me stunned. "You're a dick Liam."

"Bit immature don't you think babe?" He asks resting his hand on Niall's shoulder who quickly squirms under his touch.

"Don't touch me." Niall whispers. "I'll be civil and I'll pretend like everything's ok around Georgie but when he's not here I don't have to put up with it. You turned in to a not nice person Liam, I love my Liam and I always will but you're not him. Plus your attitude is the reason I got the house in the divorce." Niall concludes looking over at me with a smile.

"Sure that's the reason." Liam retorts dryly.

"That and repaying my poor asshole." Niall says clearly and loudly, "You are the biggest of us all." Zayn chokes on his drink when he hears Niall talking shocked by what he's saying. "What?" Niall laughs, "it's not funny at one point I thought I might need stitches!"

I burst out laughing at Niall's profanities, "Oh god!"

-----

(Georgie's POV)

"JJ?" I say after we lay on the be in silence allowing me to go through my thoughts, "I think I've figured it out."

"Figured what out?" He asks turning round to look at me.

"The reason a part of me can't let go of Lucas is because I didn't have any control over it, I had no closure." I tell him and he nods.

"It's a possibility." He says in agreement, "What are you going to do?"

I pull out my phone and go to Facebook, going through my list of blocked people, eventually finding Lucas. I go to his page and thankfully there is a mobile number attached, I quickly phone it.

"Look whoever this is you'll have to phone me back I'm running la-" there he was, well his voice at least exactly the same as I remember it, soft but firm.

"Lucas." I say cutting him off from rambling anymore.

"Georgie?" He asks in a hushed voice, clearly in shock and disbelief.

"My name is George." I tell him firmly, "Can we meet?" I ask.

"Are you in Paris?" He asks, "Look sorry buddy but I moved to New York."

"I know." I reply feeling very anxious, "You're busy now but can we meet tonight? At my hotel bar? I'm staying at the Waldorf."

"Yeah sure." He tells me almost optimistically, "Is nine ok for you?"

"Yep." I say quickly before hanging up. I turn to JJ who raises his eyebrows at me wondering what's going on, "Meeting him tonight. At nine." I sigh.

-----

The day passed by rather plainly, I had dinner with my dads, hung out with the boys and walked through New York but the whole time I was distracted by Lucas, thoughts of what will I say, what will I do and why did he agree to meet me after all this time flowing through my mind.