Chapter 24

"Wake up." Lucas tells George one last time. Hoping he would finally listen to him and open his eyes. Despite all odds Lucas began to be able to breathe on his own and slowly his heartbeat got stronger and he no longer needed to be on life support. He needed to be with George. When he woke he was heart broken to find George hospitalised and in a medical coma. It's been weeks since George tried to kill himself. Lucas woke up about a week ago and hasn't left from George's side. He sat in his wheelchair talking to George. Telling him off all the plans he had for them. Where they will go and what they'll do.

Lucas kissed George's hand lightly. Saying goodbye he begins to wheel himself out of the room.

"Lucas..." A voice mumbles groggily.

Lucas spins on his chair rolling back to the bedside, "I'm here." He says softly, "Georgie I'm here." He reassures him, "Nurse he's waking up!" Lucas shouts and a nurse comes running in.

"George, can you open your eyes for me." The nurse asks, a young man in his early twenties by the look.

George barely opens his eyes, "Everything is dizzy." He mumbles, trying to rub his head, failing due to the restraints holding his arms to the side of the bed,

"Ok... George, do you know where you are?" The nurse asks.

"Hospital?" He answers continuing to struggle with the restraints.

"Ok, do you know what happened?"

"I needed to be with Lucas." George answers and Lucas covers his mouth, trying to contain himself.

"George I need you to stop struggling for me. Your hands have been restrained so you can't put yourself at danger. We noticed scars and cuts from prior to the incident so we are just trying to keep you safe ok?" The nurse explains earning a nod from George, "Ok I'll come back and check on you later." The nurse says before walking out of the room.

"Hello you." Lucas says unsure of what else to say.

"Are we dead?" George asks.

"What no!" Lucas exclaims shocked by his thought.

"But they said you wouldn't wake up." George says; his eyes drifting closed again without the energy, "And you're here."

"I'm fine. I woke up and I'll be ok." Lucas reassures the boy who gives a soft smile, "Just sleep and we'll talk later." Lucas tells George who doesn't say anything.

Lucas leaves him to sleep rolling himself out into the waiting are seeing Liam and Niall together talking and sipping tea. Lucas managed to convince Zayn to force his dads home. He loves them but constant 'Do you need anything?' And 'How are feeling now?' Starts to get pretty annoying.

"Any change?" Niall asks seeing Lucas coming toward them.

"He woke up." Lucas says happily, "He's sleeping now though, barely managed the conversation with the nurse so I told him to go back to sleep."

"But he's ok?" Niall asks again and Lucas nods, getting ready to go back to his own hospital room.

"Lucas!" Liam calls to him, speaking to him for the first time since he woke up despite being there everyday, "I didn't want any of this... When I told you to go..." He says when Lucas turns to face him.

"You thought you were doing what was best for him." Lucas finishes for him, "but you weren't. I'm sorry but it's that simple; you were wrong. Everyone was who tried to keep us apart before we even knew we wanted to be together."

"I know that. Now." Liam replies sorrowfully, "I am sorry."

"You're still my uncle Li-Li." Lucas smirks with a soft chuckle, "You can tell me to go but you're never getting to of me!" Lucas laughs.