Chapter 14

(George's POV)

*One Year Later*

"Boys pack your bags." Simon tells Josh, Jamyi, JJ and I.

The last year has brought many surprises, ups and downs. We auditioned for Xfactor and and went on to place second, one better than one direction. My dads were shocked but were so happy they even went on to perform live on the show with uncle Zayn who I hadn't seen in years. Incidentally Zayn became our Judge.

After the birth of our band, Union J, Josh and I's relationship progressed even further and on the after party of Xfactor final show Josh proposed. Of course I said yes and we decided we want to savour our current life before actually getting married after all I am only just seventeen.

Simon Cowell still signed us despite not winning, claiming to see the same thing he saw in us as he did my fathers.

"Why?" JJ asks smiling brightly waiting for good news.

"I managed to book to guys in New York City, Times Square for the New Years ball drop!" Simon exclaims in glee causing gasps and cheers to erupt from us all.

-----

(Lucas' POV)

"Lucas!" Sarah scream from outside the apartment, her keys jingling loudly in the key.

I chuckle but continue gently stroking the paintbrush on the canvas between my legs as I sit crossed legged on leather sofa of our one bedroom apartment in nothing but my boxers. "Yes Sarah?" I ask once she manages to let herself in.

"Oh you tidied." She says in shock looking around the small living room in our small Greenwich apartment. "Anyway!" She exclaim regathering her thoughts, "I got us tickets to the ball drop performers and after party!" She yells gleefully her long blond her bouncing off her petite and gentle form.

Sarah and I met on the first day of art school, she being a natural New Yorker showed me around the city and we have been best friends ever since that all though. Not that I want more, not truthfully. I haven't been interested in anyone since coming to New York instead throwing myself into my studies.

"I don't know Sarah." I tell her, swirling my brush around in the glass of water resting on the coffee table.

"Pleeeeeeease!" She says desperately, "We haven't went out in ages!"

"Fine," I say giving in, making her yell with happiness. "but I need new clothes so we have to go shopping!"

"Uh, obviously!"

-----

"I love that you can afford to shop in these places yet I can barely afford the cab ride here." Sarah tells me with her arm linked in mine as we walk under the doorway to Prada.

"You know I'd lend you money if you need it." I tell causing her to erupt in giggles as I flick through some hanging shirts in different colours against the cold mirrored wall.

"I would gladly take your money." She tells me, holding a black backless dress against her self in front of a mirror, "Except for the fact that it isn't yours and is in fact your fathers'" she continues hanging the dress back up and instead cooing over a handbag.

"Yeah." I agree. "I'm fucked if they cut me off!" I exclaim causing Sarah and I both to laugh.

"How can I help you guys?" A friendly sales assistant asks approaching us as soon as we walk in, this has always been a pet peeve, they don't leave you alone.

"Yes." I respond casually continuing to walk through the store running my hand through a rack of shirts. "We need an outfit for the New Years VIP ball drop after party."

"Ah!" He exclaims, "For the lady we have a beautiful backless gown in gold." He explains causing Sarah's face to light up, "For you sir we have many suits to choose from."

"You go try the dress on." I instructs and she claps her hands together following the sales person to the changing room as I scan the rail. I pick a few items out off the rail but nothing that blows me away.

I out the window at the dreary grey manhattan day, women wrapped up their coats and scarves, men in suits pacing quickly down the street and young kids running around without a care in the world.

I pick out tight black jeans which would go perfectly with a Vivienne Westwood shirt I already own. "Lucas!" I hear Sarah yell from the changing room

-----

(Jaymi's POV)

"I can't believe we're actually here!" I exclaim to Josh as we're walking down fifth avenue enjoying the sights.

"I know!" He replies staring at his phone before sliding it in his back pocket, "It's incredible."

"Look at these shops! Dior, Alexander McQueen, Prada." I list gleefully admiring the beautiful clothes in the window as we walk past each store; stopping outside Prada to look in. "To think one day we coul-" I stop, shocked by what I think I see inside Prada, "Is that?" I ask Josh nodding towards the boy inside, his brown wavy hair, wearing a denim jacket with saggy chinos. "Lucas?"

"What?! Where?!" Josh asks alerted, scanning the shop for him.

"Sh-should we say hi?" I ask and Josh looks at me like I'm mad, "Should we tell George we saw him?"

"No!" Josh snaps, "George is still upset by what happened... This, this is a sp-special trip lets not ruin it for him!" He rambles whilst stuttering looking in a state of panic.

"Are you sure?" I ask feeling uneasy about the situation.

"George can't know that Lucas is in New York!"

-----

(GEORGES POV)

"Glad to be in New York bud?" JJ asks me as I lounge on the hotel bed watching re-runs of sex and the city. Don't judge, my dads got me into it and Samantha is hilarious. Plus there is noting else on.

"Duh!" I reply obviously, "Shattered from the flight though." I tell him as I wrap the duvet tight around myself.

"Have a nap then." JJ responds whilst staring out the window.

"No!" I protest, "New York never sleeps so neither will I."

My drooping eyes eventually give up, not allowing me to sleep, just lazing on the bed with shut eyes.

JJ sighs lightly, tapping coming from his phone, "Hi I was hoping you could help me find someone." He says in hushed tones trying not to wake me despite being awake.

"I'm looking for Lucas Tomlinson."