Chapter 12

(Lucas's POV)

Bleep bleep

I groan and roll over in my bed looking at my phone with a fresh text message lighting up the screen, I check the time and groan again, 2:37am, who texts at this time!

--

From: Georgie xx

Lucas this is Josh. As you know George and I are together now and I would appreciate if you could keep your distance from now on, he doesn't need you anymore in his life. I won't expect a response from you but I do expect you to do as I ask. Thank you.

--

Ha! The fucking cheek. Who does he think he is? Does he seriously see me as competition when I live over two hundred and eleven miles away?

Each second that passes makes me like Josh less and less.

-----

(George's POV)

"Birds flying high you know how I feel, sun in the sky you know how i feel, It's a new dawn, it's a new day it's a new life for me and I'm feeling good." I sang into the microphone in JJ's garage stopping when the door opens with the three boys walking in.

"Sounding good babe." Josh says with a smile, planting a kiss on my cheek before jumping onto the sofa.

"So what song are we going to sing for the auditions?" I ask the boys earning a shrug from Jaymi and Josh.

"Should we do an original or cover?" JJ asks, "A cover would be safer but an original could look better for us, show how serious we are."

"Carry you?" Josh offers from his seat.

"I don't know maybe we should do a really good cover for the first audition then wow them with an original at bootcamp?" Jaymi chips in.

"That's actually a great idea... Providing we get through to bootcamp." I agree hesitantly.

"Course we will." Josh reassures me.

"Ok what song should we cover?" I ask and Jaymi and JJ smirk, having must of thought about this in the past.

"Little things." They say in unisons.

I groan, "Really?" I ask, "That's so cheesy, one of one directions sons performing little things to a member of one direction?"

"Yeah, but we've performed it in the past and it's awesome!" Jaymi exclaims pleedingly.

"Fine." I groan in defeat knowing the profit mange will feel so cringey, "but if I die from embarrassment don't try to save me, just accept it ok?"

-----

(Lucas' POV)

"Lucas buddy I was wondering if- what's that?" Harry says waltz into my room uninvited whilst I chilled on my bed casually painting the the view of old Parisian architecture from my window with the Eiffel Tower soaring above the rooftops. He stops what he was saying when he spots the picture I did of Georgie of when we were younger casually discarded by my feet.

"Nothing important. Did it ages ago." I tell him swirling my paintbrush in the pot of water resting on my bedside table.

"You are extremely talented you know that?" He says picking the piece up I watch him examine it before his eyebrows knit together in confusion looking down at my bed once again, "New York Art School?" He says slowly.

Shit.

"Oh that..." I say scrambling for the paper document but failing to before Harry manages to lift it. "It- it's nothing important."

"Oh my god Lucas this is amazing!" He exclaims gleefully, looking down at me, "why didn't you tell us you had applied?"

"It doesn't matter even if I could go it would mean me moving to New York and we all know that's never going to happen." I say nibbling my lip lightly after, fixing my equipment which I managed to throw everywhere.

"Louis! Get in here!" Harry shouts and a few seconds later the boy emerges, "Our son has been accepted into a very prestigious art school." He tells his husband.

"Oh my god this is amazing!" He exclaims in shock, joy spread across his features but turns to confusion when he sees my non-celebratory mood, "What's wrong?" He asks me.

"It's in New York." I tell him calmly.

"No!" He retorts sternly, "You are not going to some fancy arts school in New York at sixteen, no way I won't allow it!"

"It's his dream." Harry tells him sympathetically hoping he can relate.

"No way." Louis repeats standing his ground. "Not at sixteen. Come back in thirty years and try again."

"Babe I went for Xfactor at sixteen, imagine if my mum hadn't let me." Harry tells him slowly whilst Louis squeezes his eyes shut trying to ignore him, "I followed my dream, you followed yours, let him follow his."

Louis shakes his head pausing to think before saying anything, he sighs deeply, "Where do I sign." He says in a defeated tone.

"Really?" I ask in shock, Harry hands him the paper, "iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou." I repeat over and over jumping up and wrapping my arms around my father.

"As long as you don't muck about and take this seriously. Your going to be in a big city without us. Promise me you will be careful." He conditions me as I nod furiously,

"I promise."

"If you do or your grades start to slip we're pulling you out and your coming straight back got it?" He tells me sternly.

"Yes!" I exclaim happily, "Oh my god I need to pack and tell-" I stop myself knowing the next word would be 'Georgie'.

"Tell who?" Harry asks sympathetically knowing the answer, I don't respond instead nibble on my bottom lip lifting out my suitcase from under my bed, "Just 'cause he's going out with him doesn't mean he's not your best friend any more..."

"If you and daddy weren't married would you able to talk to him if he was dating someone else?" I ask whilst rummaging through my wardrobe trying to figure out what I should pack.

"It would be hard. Unimaginably hard." He agrees with a light nod of the head, "but if he means that much to you then you have to try if you even want him in your life no matter how small a role that may be."

"Lucas..." Louis says gently sitting down on my bed, "Your New York is my Paris."

"I'm not you." I retort defensively, did he seriously just compare our situations, they are completely different.

Louis nods understandingly although I feel he still doesn't grasp what the differences are.

"Come on babe, let him pack." Harry says with a smile in my direction taking Louis by the hand and leading him out of the room.