Request-Birthday Surprise

Request for Raphael-Santiago

                Being a Shadowhunter was tough sometimes. Especially when you have an incredibly strict father and you are dating a vampire. You and Raphael had been dating for almost 3 years. You had lived in Brooklyn and visited Raphael whenever you could. Sometimes you would meet up for coffee, even though Raphael didn't drink it. You had the life you wanted until your father found out about your relationship. He hated the fact that you were dating a downworlder and he made you move back to Idris. That was 2 years ago. You never broke up with Raphael, you just had a long distance relationship. You had to admit that it was hard being so far away from him, but you loved him too much to end things. When your 16th birthday was close, you begged your dad to let you go back to Brooklyn so you could at least spend the day with your best friends, Izzy and Alec Lightwood, and Jace Wayland. He reluctantly let you go. He knew you were going to try and sneak away to see Raphael, so he talked to Maryse and she told your dad that she would get Alec to watch over you. When you got to the Institute, Izzy greeted you with a huge hug.

"Laura, I haven't seen you in so long?" Izzy said while hugging you. She was taller than your 5'0 self.

"I know its been at least 2 years" you sighed. She grabbed your hand and took you to go find Alec and Jace. They were training together. When Jace saw you he stopped and Alec knocked him on his ass. You laughed and went to help Jace up.

"Laura! When did you get here?" Jace asked hugging you.

"About 5 minutes ago" you smiled, hesitant to hug him back due to all the sweat but soon after wrapped your arms around him. "Alec knew I was coming. My dad made Maryse get Alec to watch over me." You said looking at Alec.

"Yeah, and that's exactly what I am going to do." Alec said

"Great" you smiled.

Time Skip

                You had been sitting in your room all day, because apparently Jace, Alec, and Izzy had a mission to go on. You weren't allowed to go because you had taken such a long time off. You were texting Raphael but he was acting weird. You debated on going to the Hotel Dumort but decided against it, because if Alec found out he would kill you, then tell your dad and you would be dead twice! It was around 8pm when Izzy walked into your room and threw a dress at you.

"What's this for?" you asked Izzy

"Just put it on and let my do your hair." She replied grabbing your brush. You put on the dress and walked out of your bathroom to find Izzy sitting on your bed. She was on your phone. When she saw you she put your phone down.

"Wow, you look super good, Laura." She said sitting you down at your vanity.

"Why were you on my phone?" you asked as she brushed you long, platinum blond hair.

"I was just checking the time." She said.

"You do realize that I have a clock right there, right?" you said pointing to the clock sitting on your bedside table. Izzy just laughed and continued to brush your hair. It took a long time, considering your hair was down to your waist.

"You're all done." Izzy said, smiling.

"Thanks, but where are we going? Why do I have to dress up?" you asked, standing up. Izzy just grabbed your hand and told you to close your eyes. You felt her drag you to the main area of the Institute.

"Okay, you can open your eyes now." Izzy said. You opened your eyes.

"SURPRISE!" everyone shouted. "Happy 16thBirthday Laura" Jace said.

"When did you guys do this?" you asked, smiling.

"We spent all day doing this. That was our mission today." Alec said.

"You guys are the best!" you said hugging them.

You, Jace, Alec, and Izzy were all partying when the alarms went off. You all rushed to the monitors and saw that someone was trying to break into the institute. You all went outside to see who the intruder was and you were shocked with who you found.

"Raphael?" you said as you saw him

"Happy Birthday, baby" he said hugging you. You hugged back and kissed his cheek.

"I missed you so much Raph." You said starting to cry.

"Shh, baby. Don't cry." He said putting you down. He pulled a box out of his pocket and handed it to you. "Here, open it."

"Aww, Raph. You didn't have to get me anything. You being here is a present enough." You said, smiling.

"Just open it." He said. You opened the box and pulled out a beautiful necklace. You gasped as you saw it.

"Raph, its beautiful." You said, starting to cry again. He takes the necklace from you and puts it on you.

"I love you Laura."

"I love you too, Raph" you said kissing him.

Hey. That was my first request. Hope you liked it.