Request- Forgotten Birthday

Requested by alecxrunes

Y/N'S POV

I woke up extremely happy this morning because today is my birthday! I rolled over but I didn't see my boyfriend Alec. I brush it off and I start to get ready for the day. When I am ready I go to find Alec. I find him in his office with his back to the door. I walk up behind him and hug him.

"Good morning Alec. So when I woke up this morning, my bed was empty and I was lonely." I said fake pouting.

"I'm sorry y/n. I had work to do." Alec apologized, still not turning around.

"It's okay. Do you wanna maybe go get breakfast together. Maybe a special treat for a special day?" I hinted.

"I actually can't. I have some more work to get done and it's not really that special of a day. It's just another Saturday." Alec said before turning around, kissing the top of my head, and walking out.

I stood there in shock. I can't believe it. He forgot my birthday. He never forgets birthdays or anniversaries or any other special day. I guess I'm just not that important to him.

Time Skip

For the rest of the day Alec has been ignoring me. Jace, Izzy, Clary, even Simon have all said "Happy Birthday". At least they didn't forget. I have been sitting in my room, reading for the past hour and a bit. Suddenly I hear a knock at the door.

"Come in" I call. The door opens and Jace walks in. "Oh hey Jace. What's up?" I ask

"Can you do me a favor y/n?" Jace asks

"Sure." I answer.

"Just turn around and close your eyes." Jace says.

"Okay but I don't understand why you want me to do this." I say doing as Jace asked me. I feel Jace put something over my eyes and tie it behind my head. "Is there a piñata?" I ask getting excited.

"No, why would you think that there is a piñata?" Jace asked

"Because you just blindfolded me on my birthday. Normally when that happens there is a piñata." I explain

"Well there isn't a piñata. Now stop asking questions and just walk." Jace says as he leads me somewhere. We walk for a few minutes before he tells me to stop. "Now count to 10 and then take the blindfold off." Jace says. I count to 10 then take my blindfold off. When I see what's in front of me, I am speechless.

"You didn't think I forgot your birthday, did you?" Alec says with a smirk on his face.

"I-I-I... Alec it's beautiful. Is this why you have been ignoring me all day?" I ask.

"Yeah. I wanted to surprise you. I'm sorry for ignoring you but I knew that if I talked to you, I would have accidentally told you about this. So now that we are alone, would you like to dance with me?" Alec asked, knowing how much I love to dance. I quickly nod and he steps closer to me wrapping his arms around my waist as I wrap mine around his neck. We start to sway and soon I rest my head on his shoulder. At the end of every song Alec kisses me. As the night comes to an end I am really tired and Alec notices that so he picks me up and carries me back to our shared room before laying me on the bed. We both soon fall asleep with Alec's arms around me and my head on his chest.

I hope you liked it.