Chapter 8

*Sam’s P.O.V.* 

Another blazing hot morning meant another hazy day on the boat. However, every time Sasha and Kristi begged me to go on the boat, I would suddenly get this sharp chill in my spine; a constant reminder of my encounter with Joe. There was no way I wanted to spend an entire afternoon being stuck on the same boat as him! But my friends were relentless in their begging and I knew I would have to give in eventually, no matter how bad it pained me.

So, the six of us made our way onto the boat and we drove out into the middle of the lake once again. It was mere seconds of us floating when suddenly everyone raced into the cool water. I just sat there trying not to meet the eyes that were boring into me. Joe knew he had me frightened, he knew he was starting to gain control. I walked over to the back of the boat where everyone was jumping in. I dipped my toes in the water debating whether I should risk jumping in with them. Joe climbed back onto the boat once he saw me sitting there. I quickly met eyes with him and immediately saw the satisfaction running across his face; it made me sick. I couldn’t let him do this to me. I knew I had to do something to show him that I wouldn’t take this crap from him just because he was my old best friend. I quickly looked away and sighed at the memories that rushed through my mind. My old best friend... did he even exist anymore?

“Aren’t you gonna go for a swim?” Joe asked standing next to me.
“No... I don’t really feel like it.” I said looking down into the water.
“Oh, that’s too bad.” Joe faked his sympathy. But as he said these words I instantly felt a smirk in his tone.
I stood up and turned to him letting my curiosity get the best of me. “Why is that too bad?”
But before I could finish my question Joe smiled at me and grabbed my shoulders. “Because I don’t think you really have a choice.”
With that, he gave me a slight shove and I went splashing into the water. Yes, I had to admit the cool sensation did feel good, however if Joe thought that he was going to get away with this, he had another thing coming! Once my head reached the top of the water, I wiped my blurry eyes and saw everyone laughing at me.
“You jerk!” I shrieked and swam towards the boat.
My jaw clenched as I watched Joe’s smile grow brighter at my furious face.
“Don’t be so sensitive Sam. Here...” That cocky smirk wouldn’t leave his face as he crouched down and reached out his hand. I was hesitant but decided to take it as he began pulling me up.

This was my opportunity. The moment I had a good enough grip on Joe’s hand, I immediately yanked his arm and pulled him head first into the water. I quickly hopped back onto the boat and watched in pure pleasure as Joe came thrashing up out of the water gasping for air. He swam towards me while the laughter echoed around us even louder than when I had fallen in.
I leaned down to him as he began pulling himself out of the water.
“That’s for kissing me.” I said so only he could hear. A small smirk spread across my face watching his cheeks flush.

After we had been swimming for a while, everyone was beginning to get bored so the guys suggested that we go wakeboarding (A.N: like water skiing, but you’re on something that looks like a snowboard instead of two skis). We all agreed, and watched while Kevin and Nick both took their turns boarding. Once Nick had fallen, it was now Joe’s turn.
“I bet you can’t stay on that board as long me as me.” Nick challenged.
“Yeah, right. You know I could beat you any day.” Joe said and jumped into the water.
“We’ll see about that.” I mumbled to myself.
Once Joe was ready to go, Nick grabbed the wheel and revved up the engine. In mere seconds Joe was up and gliding on the water without falter. He spun around and jumped over the waves, yet with every trick he did, that cocky smirk would resurface on his face.

Quickly, I jumped up from my seat and walked over to Nick who was focussing only in front of him. I bent down close to his ear so that he could hear me.
“Hey Nick, why don’t you let me drive.” I whispered.
“No way!” He exclaimed.
I turned around and thankfully everyone else’s eyes were on Joe. I wanted to be able to prove to Joe that he couldn’t mess with me... and I’d do anything I’d have to in order to prove that.
Out of pure instinct I placed my hands on Nick’s shoulders, still standing behind him, and let one of them slip under the v-neck t-shirt he was wearing and traced my fingers across his chest.
“Please Nick.” I whispered into his ear.
I watched as he tried to hold back a smile. He nodded his head and quickly switched seats with me.

*Joe’s P.O.V.*

I couldn’t believe how long I was able to stay above the water AND still be able to do all my tricks. Boy, was Nick wrong about me. I smiled in satisfaction until suddenly, my eyes landed on Nick and he was... talking to Sam?! My eyebrows furrowed as I tried to focus in more. I watched as she leaned down to Nick and then, without hesitation, Nick left his seat only for Sam to take his place. What the hell was she doing?! But before I could try to figure out what was going on, the boat jerked and instantly sped up to an insane speed. The expression’s on everyone’s faces turned to worry and also slight amusement as I began to struggle against the waves. My knuckles turned white as I gripped tighter onto the handle of the rope. I took deep breaths and tried to focus my balance when suddenly, Sam turned the wheel viciously and the boat made an immediate turn to the left. I held on tighter than ever, until my skin was burning against the coarse rope. Her sharp turn flung me out of the wake, forcing me to face the most brutal waves. As I took in their large size... I knew I was done for.
“What the fuck?!” I yelled at Sam.
Even though the waves crashed and the engine roared, she was still able to hear me. She turned in her seat to face me and put a fake smile on her face as she playfully waved. Before I could do anything else I crashed right into a wave and was thrown into the water. The ice cold water surrounded me and brought me up harshly to the surface.

The moment my head shot up, the boat was already turning around to come for me. I glared up at Sam still in the driver’s seat. Her face filled with pride being fuelled by the laughter from everyone else in the boat.
“So much for staying up longer than me, huh?” Nick called down to me.
I ignored him and faced Sam. “What was that?!” I shouted throwing my arms above the water.
“That’s for pushing me in the lake.” She smirked.
My face immediately burned red and my hands balled up into fists. She flipped her hair and turned away from me. That girl really knew how to piss me off. I pulled myself up out of the water and onto the boat. However, even though I was angry at Sam, I couldn’t help but notice the confidence that now emanated off of her. I like a girl with confidence, and seeing Sam like that just turned me on even more. She was going to be an even bigger challenge now, but like I told my brothers, that makes it all the more fun. I swear I will get back at Sam for what she did to me today. I’m done with games now... this time I’ll get back at her for good. 
----
OMG what will joe do?
what do ya think of the story so far ?!

plz comment down there and tell me what do u think .

Vote , Comment and fan me :)

Love

Gharam