chapter 22

READ AUTHOR NOTE !
(a few days later) 

*Sam’s P.O.V.* 

Ever since that horrible day Joe has refused to talk to me. Every time I’ve tried to strike up a conversation with him he always walks away or brushes me off before I can get any answers out of him. Obviously I’ve stayed as far away from Nick as possible which wasn’t too hard to do since he was terrified that Joe might knock him out again if he touched me. 

Tonight everyone was down at the campfire as a last night celebration of the summer. After tonight everyone would be going home and the summer would be over. However, instead of going down with everyone else to party I decided to just hang back in the cabin and read a book or something; really I’d rather do anything than have to sit down there with Joe knowing that he hated me. The sun fell and almost everyone had left the cabin to go down to the fire so I grabbed a book and was just about to make myself comfortable on the couch when suddenly, my friends came running up in front of me.
“Ok Sam, this is ridiculous.” Kristi said picking up my book and throwing it to the side. “You have been moping around here for too long and we’re sick of it.”
“Well, what do you want me to do?” I snapped at them.
“Go talk to Joe.” Sasha insisted.
“Yeah,” I rolled my eyes. “Because we all know how well that’s worked for me so far.”
“Come on Sam.” They pleaded. “It’s our last night here. If you don’t talk him now then you may never get the chance again.”
“Come with us to the campfire.” Kristi suggested. “He’s already down there. It will be the perfect opportunity for you talk to him.”
As I stared up at their concerned faces anxiously waiting for my response, I knew that they wouldn’t accept any other answer.
“Fine.” I sighed.
Both their eyes brightened as they grabbed my hands and dragged me to the campfire.

Once we reached the campfire I saw the guys sitting around it with about twenty other people that lived around here. It didn’t take me long to realize how much of a party this was. There were beer bottles everywhere and I didn’t see a single person without a drink in their hand. Someone had brought a music player with the music blasting on full volume. Everyone was drinking and talking and as I watched the party unfold my eyes soon landed on Joe who was sitting there, quiet and alone, surrounded by tons of people but not talking to a single one of them. He just sat there lifting the bottle up to his lips as he watched the orange and yellow flames burn in the fire.
“Now’s your perfect chance.” Kristi said excitedly.
“Um...” I could feel my palms getting sweaty. “I think I need a drink first.”
With that I turned around and grabbed a bottle, chugging it down within seconds.

(a couple hours later)

“Okay Sam, that is enough.” Kristi said pulling the bottle out of my hand.
“Yeah, we’re cutting you off.” Sasha added. “Besides, you can’t keep avoiding Joe all night by drinking. Now go over there and talk to him.”
I shook my fuzzy head as they pushed me towards Joe. Everyone was sitting around the camp fire on benches. Seeing as the seat next to Joe’s was now vacant, I took a big gulp and sat down. I looked up at Joe, but to my surprise he didn’t even notice me. He had a huge cheeky grin on his face as he was calling across the fire to his friends. He held a beer in his hand spilling it everywhere while he chatted with other people. Wow, Joe was way more drunk than me. Maybe this would be easier than I thought.

“Hey Joe.” I spoke softly.
He still didn’t notice me so I gently tugged on his shirt till he turned.
His smile instantly faded as his eyes met mine. “Oh... hey.” He said lowering the bottle from his lips.
Wanting to avoid the dreaded awkward silence I quickly remembered what I had wanted to say.
“Joe... I just wanted to talk to you about when you saved me from Nick.”
No reply; obviously leaving a minimal opening for conversation.
“Thanks for doing that.” I said.
He turned away from me, once again gazing at the flames.
“Whatever.” He shrugged. “It was no big deal.”
As he spoke these words with such little emotion I began to feel the blood boil in my veins. He started talking to some guy across the fire as his smile returned. My fingers curled.
“Joe.” I spoke harshly, interrupting his conversation. “I really need to talk to you.”
Still no eye contact. I snapped.
“If you don’t talk to me and tell me what the hell is up then I am leaving!” I threatened him. “And I’ll make sure you’ll never have to see me again!”
With that, his jaw stiffened and he froze. He finally turned towards me and stared into my eyes. He sat there silent, just staring, like he was searching for something. His own eyes began to glaze over as he softly mumbled. “Come with me.”
He immediately grabbed my hand, helped me off the bench leaving his drink behind, and lead me to the cabin.

“What are you doing?” I asked once we got inside.
“I wanted to give us some privacy.” He said and sat me down on the couch next to him.
He focussed on my face, the silence ringing in my ears, as he waited for me to begin. 

I couldn’t help myself from letting the millions of questions I had in my head spew out. I talked and talked sharing my deepest thoughts to him trying to understand why he saved me. While I sat there frantically spitting out every last detail in my mind; he simply sat there taking in every word, never once faltering his focus on me.
“Why would you care what happened to me?” I asked. “Why would you care if your brother hurt me... I’m just your slut!”
“No you’re not.” Joe cut me off.
I rolled my eyes at him. “Um, Joe... ya I am!” I restated the obvious fact.
I continued like this, blabbering on and on as my voice slowly began to rise.
“If all I was to you was a good time and pretty face then why would you wreck your relationship with your brother, why would you punch him in the face, why would you even care what he did to me, why would you--”
“Because I love you!” Joe’s strong voice shattered my meaningless questions to pieces.

I couldn’t find the strength to move. I just sat there shocked.
“But... but... you can’t... I mean... we can’t... I...” I sat there stammering until suddenly Joe grabbed my face and smashed his lips against mine.
A hot rush of shock ran through my body and before I knew it I had leaned into him. He deepened the kiss laying me down on the couch. I ran my hands down his chest as he pulled my hoodie (it was cold at night) from over my head and threw it on the floor. He ran his hand up my leg and gently caressed my thigh sending hot shivers up my body. In a sudden rush of urgency Joe picked me up in his arms bridal style. His lips stayed locked with mine as he carried me up the stairs. We entered his room and at that moment everything became a blur. I didn’t know what had come over me, why I had given in to my feelings for Joe so easily. He pressed me up against the wall with my legs wrapped around his waist. As I ran my hands through his beachy hair I knew that none of that mattered anymore. All that mattered now was that it was just me and Joe, nothing else getting in the way. No brothers, no fake personalities or reputations... just us.

I gently bit his lip and instantly felt it tremble. With excitement he pulled me away from the wall as I kept my hands locked on the strong muscles on his arms. He fell back on the bed and I landed on top of him. Without hesitation I pulled his white v-neck t-shirt over his head and threw it on the floor. I pulled my tanktop over my head letting my hair get messy and ruffled in the process. Next I unbuttoned his pants quickly pulling them off and teasingly unzipped mine as well making sure to rub up against him as I did. I didn’t want to waste any time, so on my newly found adrenaline rush I ripped off my bra and underwear and quickly pulled off his as well. Not able to hold himself back anymore; Joe flipped us over so that he was on top. He smashed his lips against mine, but I had to pull away.
“What if the others come back?” I asked breathlessly.
“Trust me.” He replied in the same gasping words. “As long as the beer holds out they won’t come back for a while.”
I let out a small giggle and smiled against his lips as they met mine.

Joe lowered himself down and teasingly began to kiss up my leg inch by inch. I moaned in pleasure at the feeling of his soft lips against my skin. He reached my stomach and then back up to my lips.
“Are you ready?” He asked.
I nodded and couldn’t help but beam inside at Joe’s courtesy towards me. He smiled down at me no longer showing that hauntingly mischievous smirk of his. He slowly slid into me and I could easily tell how gentle he was being, from his normal self anyways. I had figured all the alcohol would have made this a lot less pleasant, but it was almost like Joe wasn’t at all affected by it. He was entirely in the moment; completely aware of me making sure not to hurt me.
“Joe...” I breathed. “Faster.”
He smiled down at me and within moments he had begun to push himself harder and faster into me. Our heavy breathing in sync with one another’s; I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled his body tight against mine. Every inch of my skin was pressed against his and the feeling made me ecstatic. As Joe kept going in and out of me I could no longer hold back the building pleasure.
“Joe!” I screamed.
With the sound of his name he went even deeper into me as I moaned louder than ever before. My head tilted back as he kissed my neck. Not able to stop myself, I ran my hands down his chest causing him to let out a long deep moan. Tangling my fingers through his hair, settling down from our climax, he finally pulled out and we laid next to each other breathlessly.

Without hesitation he pulled me into his arms and I laid my head on his chest.
“That was amazing.” He said still out of breath with beads of sweat lingering on his gorgeously toned muscles. “The best sex I have ever had.”
He kissed the top of my head and soon fell asleep. However, I laid there for a moment not able to believe that Joe, the guy who has had sex with countless girls, thought I was the best the sex he’d ever had. A smile formed on my face and my fingers traced circles across his rising chest as I slowly fell into a deep sleep.
-------

hey guys , just wanted to say one chapter left for this story 

i hope u liked it ,and i hope u liked this chapter too, 

joe admited his love to her :)

thx for the votes and comments 

love

Gharam :)