Chapter 18

(the next day) 

“Hey Joe.” I said walking up behind him on the docks.
“Hey babe.” He said wrapping his arms around my waist and kissed me.
I smiled and kissed him back. Maybe Joe was starting to be like the old Joe again; like my best friend.
“Joe... I wanted to talk to you about last night.” I said.
“You mean about how amazing it was.” He smirked.
I laughed. “No... about the way you sort of hesitated before we did anything. You said you didn’t want to have sex with me. What was that all about?” I asked hoping that a shred of the old Joe I knew was starting to shine through again.
“It was nothing.” He said looking away from me. “It was just hard for me to believe that the shy girl I knew only a year ago was standing in front of me looking... well...”
“Sexy?” I suggested.
He shook his head and looked into my eyes. “Beautiful.”
My mouth slightly dropped open as I stared at him in surprise. However, the surprise was soon replaced with something else. Before I knew it I found the corners of my mouth begin to turn up into a soft smile.
“Really?” I asked.
He subtly returned the smile. “Yeah--”

But just as he began to speak someone came running up from behind me and wrapped their arms around my waist. Of course, I had to laugh; I couldn’t let Nick know how much I was starting to despise him. Especially after what Joe said... he thought I was... beautiful.
“Hey sexy, let’s go for a swim.” Nick said into my ear as he kissed my neck.
I shook my head trying to push him off. “I don’t really feel like it.”
“I don’t think you really have a choice.” He smirked in reply.
With that he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder before I could even try to get away.
“Don’t you dare throw me in the lake!” I scolded him hitting his back as I did.

*Joe’s P.O.V.*

My soft smile instantly faded as I watched Sam laughing while Nick picked her up in his arms and threw her over his shoulder. Maybe I was just being stupid. If Sam really was a bad girl then she wouldn’t be able to fall for a guy like me... especially after the way I had treated her. But for some reason I was still hoping that maybe she could have liked me for the old me instead of the bad boy. However, by the way she laughed and how happy she looked with Nick, I knew I had probably blown any chance of her ever having feelings for me.
“Do you think I should throw her in the lake?” Nick asked interrupting my thoughts.
I stared at the two of them trying to contain my jealousy.
“Yeah.” I replied failing to hold back my melancholy tone.

*Sam’s P.O.V.*

“Joe?!” I yelled at him for approving what Nick was about to do.
“You heard him babe.” Nick said turning towards the edge of the docks, slapping my ass as he walked away from Joe.
Once we were at the edge Nick held me in his arms bridal style and without any sort of warning he jumped in. Once my head resurface from the water I let out a small scream. Thankfully, I was out of Nick’s grasp so I turned and swam away from him. I swam back to the dock hoping that Joe would be there to help me up, but to my dismay he was gone. My face dropped. Could I have actually hurt Joe? I mean, I thought bad boys weren’t supposed to get hurt, but ever since Joe has been acting differently; maybe my old best friend was finally coming back, maybe now that he was changing he was getting hurt seeing me with Nick.

I knew I had to find Joe and talk to him so I grabbed on to the edge of the dock and began pulling myself up. Before I could get out of the water I suddenly felt two arms wrap around my waist. Nick grabbed me pulling me away from the dock and back into the water with him.
“Let me go.” I said trying to break free from his grip.
“Oh no. You can’t get away that easily.” He smirked.
Sadly, he knew my weakness and immediately started kissing my neck as he held me from behind. Once he hit my weak spot I couldn’t help but lean into the kiss. I felt him smile against my skin and I could no longer hold back. I turn towards him and crashed my lips against his. Willingly, he deepened the kiss holding tightly onto my waist pressing my wet body against his. I leaned into him wrapping my arms around his neck and running my fingers through his curly hair unable to stop myself from giving in to him.
------------
Ooooh joe is back ?! *tears tears !* 
STUPID NICK what did u do now ?! :P
so what do ya think ?