Revealed - Chapter 17

"Akane... It's me, your mother... I'm sorry dear, I tried my best to keep the royal family from you... But I just didn't have enough power... I'm kept as a prisoner and I can't hold this connection to you much longer... It's time... You should tell Haru... He'll understand. I promise... I love you Akane! Take care of yourself!"

*

"MOM!" I raised from my bed, sitting up with sweat on my forehead and warm tears on my cheeks, forgetting about my injuries.

I glance over at Haru who was still sleeping but looked disturbed. Like he was having a dream too. My eyebrows lowered and made a guilt face...

"Mom is always right... I should tell him... I'm going to need his help more than ever. I may not know what the royal family are planning, but I know I have to save mom..." I mumbled as tears dropped to my blanket.

I stared at my window and see that it was open.

"Hayato... WHERE ARE YOU?!" I yelled making Haru wake up.

"Akane! Are you alright?!" Haru sat up beside me with a worried face.

Wind started flying through my room, as paper on my desk fly around. There appears jerk Hayato in front of my bed, wearing a new black kimono.

"Dear, are you cheating on your fiancé?" He gave me and Haru a cold look.

"I'M NOT YOUR FIANCÉ AND I WILL NEVER LOVE YOU! WHERE DID YOU TAKE MY MOTHER?!" I yelled loudly while Haru examines what's happening.

"She's... Fine... Our wedding will be coming next month, I don't have the date yet but this is just a small alert. And for you," Hayato glares at Haru, "You can have Akane for a while... Until I marry her." Hayato chuckles.

"Akane is mine." Haru scoffed as he walks towards Hayato, but before he could get to him, Hayato was already gone.

Haru stares at me with a serious face, "That was the guy that tried to rape you wasn't it?" His cold voice sent shivers up my spine,  but I had to ignore it. I slightly nod while I look down on my blanket with full of guilt.

*

A few hours has passed and Haru hasn't left my side since this morning.

I head to the couch to sit and watch something on the t.v, and of course Haru follows me.

"Are you just going to keep following me Haru?" I ask as I stare at him.

"Yes, I can't let you leave out of my sight. Who knows who'll hurt you next?!" He got slightly mad but sat so close to me and layed his head on my lap facing the t.v.

I sighed as I stare at him, "Haru... It's time you should know."

Haru slightly flinched and stared right into my orbs with a serious and worried face.

"You may or may not understand. But I just can't keep this anymore... I'm..."

DING DONG

Haru's and my eyes laid on the entrance door with a confused face.

"Who could that be?" I whispered.

"I'll go check it, stay here Akane." Haru walks towards the door and opens it.

"Akashi?" Haru's eyes was filled with confusion.

Akashi gladly enters the house without an invitation and heads to me.

"Have you told him?" Akashi stares at me with a serious face while Haru runs beside me.

"W- what are you talking about?" I stuttered getting uncomfortable.

"That you're a-"

"How do you know?" My face became serious as I glare at him.

"I've known since I've met you at the park."

"You won't be able to sense it unless your-"

"A demon too, yes I know." Akashi crossed his arms.

There was a short silence until Haru said something, "I think I have the right to know what's going on..." Haru looked at me and made me sit.

I glance over at Akashi and he gave me a nod while he heads to the kitchen.

"Haru... I've been keeping this secret since I was little... Before we even knew each other..." I made a guilty face and stood up, turning around, I let out my large black wings, "I'm a demon."

I turned back around facing Haru. But Haru's expression didn't change.

"You're not scared or suprised at all?" I aksed sitting down, hiding my wings again.

"No. I met with Akki and she told me you were one, at first I didn't believe her, but your mother... She made some kind of message when I was sleeping."

"W- what?... What did she say?"

"Turns out that... I'm Hayato's brother" Haru turned around and showed me huge dark black wings. I was the shock and suprised one. Not him.

Akashi goes out of the kitchen with a bag of honey buddah chips on his left hand and crunching the chips he had in his mouth, "I knew it. The prince looked like you, but it was difficult to figure it out. The royal family has a protection that only high class demons can see through. Good thing my father thought me how to do it." He shoves more of the chips in his mouth and goes back in the kitchen.

"WAIT WHAT?! AND YOU DON'T EVEN LOOK SHOCK!" I yelled.

"Yeah. I know," Haru turned around staring at me, "So... How do I hide this thing?".

"U-m... Hold on." I run to the kitchen, towards Akashi, but somehow he knew that I was going to need his help.

"Need help?" Akashi crosses his arms with a smirk. I nod my head and made way for him to the living room. We both walk to Haru who was checking himself out in a small mirror, Haru turns to Akashi with a confused look.

Akashi sighs as he walks towards Haru, "just close your eyes and think about what your human form looks like," Akashi turns his head towards me  with a serious face and nodded, I nodded back and walks towards Haru without him knowing. I leaned in closer to him and kissed him for a short while. After a few seconds, I let go and looked at him, his wings were now hidden.

I looked at Haru with a slight blush and I could tell he was blushing himself. 

"So that's what we have to do to hide my wings?" He asked in confusion. Akashi walked back to the kitchen while I talk to Haru.

"Since I've been a demon all my life, I was taught how to hide my wings by my mom, but I only know one way how to do it. I had to transport some of my magiks through you, and since you still don't know how to use your own powers, you shouldn't show your wings out for now..."

"So... You'll need to kiss me every time I show my wings out?"

"Y- yes... Until you can get used to using your powers..." I stuttered while I hide my face by looking down.

I could hear Haru's footstep towards me, and he lifted my chin. Our face was inches away but then Haru whispered, " I can get used to that" He gave me one last kiss and headed to my room, "Thanks babe~ I'll be sleeping for now, that magik transport you did made me a little tired. And thanks Akashi for me. Night babe!"

"U- uh, y- yeah... o- okay!" I blushed and headed towards the kitchen.

*

"Akashi" I walked in front of him with a serious face, "We need to stop the royal family."

"Are you kidding?! We're not even close to being as powerful as them! And if you want to defeat the royal family... You'll have to kill Haru too..."

My eyes widened and stood there frozen regretting what I said...