The New Girl - Chapter five

Camila awoke slowly, she sighed contently remembering it was Sunday. She pulled the pillow she was hugging closer to her, for some reason her pillow smelled like Lauren; Camila found a weird comfort in it. Camila turned around and saw it was only nine a.m. She remembered how Lauren came over last night and she smiled, recalling the memories of last night.

Camila got up slowly and stretched, groaning in the process as her neck popped. She walked out of her room and down the stairs, she noticed her dad wasn't awake yet but Sofi had made breakfast and was sitting at the table eating; with a plate of eggs and bacon in the middle of the table. "Morning." Camila said softly as she sat next to her older sister, "Good morning." Sofi said smiling. Sofi stood up and grabbed a plate and a fork for Camila, setting them in front of her. Camila smiled gratefully at Sofi and started digging into the breakfast.

"Dad's still asleep?" Camila asked and Sofi nodded, "Yup, he was up painting last night." Sofi answered and Camila smiled. Camila started eating her breakfast and soon realized that Sofi was smirking at her. "What?" Camila asked with a mouthful of food, "So, you and that Lauren girl." Sofi teased and Camila rolled her eyes as she swallowed her food. "What about Lauren and I?" Camila asked and Sofi only shrugged, the smirk never leaving her face. "She seems nice, that's all." Sofi said and Camila rolled her eyes, "I know that look Sofi, don't go playing match maker." Camila warned and Sofi pouted. "But you two would be so cute together!" Sofi said defensively and Camila rolled her eyes again.

"Lauren's just a friend." Camila said bluntly and Sofi rolled her eyes, "Oh yeah? Well I've never seen you act like that around your other friends." Sofi pointed out and Camila furrowed her eyebrows. "Act like what?" Camila asked in a confused tone, "All nervous and love struck." Sofi teased and Camila scoffed. "I was not acting "love struck", I just admire Lauren, that's all." Camila said simply and Sofi raised an eyebrow at her. "You admire her?" Sofi asked teasingly and Camila rolled her eyes, "You know what I mean, she's just different." Camila said and Sofi gave her younger sister a look. "I still ship it." Sofi said and Camila rolled her eyes as she stood up, "Well don't, because Lauren and I are friends, and that's all we'll ever be." Camila said as she put her plate in the sink.

Sofi rolled her eyes as she stood up and walked over to her younger sister, "Friends don't look at each other the way you were looking at Lauren." Sofi pointed out and Camila rolled her eyes. "And how exactly was I looking at Lauren?" Camila asked, with an eyebrow raised. "You know, like the way you look at the moon." Sofi teased as she walked out of the kitchen, leaving Camila completely stunned. Camila stood there for a couple more minutes before shaking her head, "I do not look at Lauren like I look at the moon." Camila mumbled.

"Yeah you do!" Sofi yelled from upstairs, causing Camila to roll her eyes.

-

"Good morning." Lauren said as she walked into her kitchen, where her parents and Taylor were sitting. "Morning." Taylor said as Lauren poured herself some Cheerios, "How'd you sleep sweetheart?" Mike asked his oldest daughter as she sat down at the table with them. "Good." Lauren answered with a smile on her face, "Cause she was probably dreaming of Camila." Taylor teased and Lauren rolled her eyes. "Shut up Tay, no I wasn't." Lauren said defensively as she started eating her cereal.

"It's okay sweetheart, we know about you and Camila." Clara said and Lauren furrowed her eyebrows, "What?" Lauren asked as she shoved a spoonful of Cheerios into her mouth. "You know, that you two are dating." Mike said and Lauren choked on the cereal that was in her mouth, she started coughing and Clara immediately started patting her back. "I'm-I'm sorry did you say that Camila and I are dating?" Lauren asked still coughing, "Yeah, well it's obvious." Taylor said and Lauren stared at her family.