The New Girl - Chapter Twelve

Camila sighed as she plopped down on her bed, she's tried on several different outfits for the fair tonight yet all of them made her feel self conscious. It wasn't like Camila to feel self conscious, she usually just threw something on, and went with it. But tonight, she was going to the fair with Lauren, and for some reason, she felt as if she had to look perfect.

"Aw you look pretty." Sofi said, walking into her younger sisters room. Camila then sat up and glared at her, "No I don't, I look gross." Camila said and Sofi frowned. "What? Why would you say that?" Sofi asked as she sat down next to the brunette.

"I've tried on like a million outfits, yet I look good in none." Camila said, agitation laced through her voice. "Mila, you're beautiful. I mean, you look like me, you're freaking flawless." Sofi joked and Camila furrowed her eyebrows. "I don't know if that makes you narcissistic or kind." Camila admitted and Sofi giggled. "A little bit of both." Sofi joked and Camila sighed.

"Why are you getting all dressed up anyways?" Sofi asked curiously as Camila stood up and walked over to her closet. "Lauren's taking me to the fair tonight." Camila said simply and Sofi smirked, "You're going on a date?" Sofi asked as Camila came out holding a different outfit. "It's not a date." Camila said and Sofi shot her a look. "Well are any of your other friends going?" Sofi asked, "No." Camila replied simply.

"Then it's a date." Sofi said bluntly and Camila rolled her eyes, "Its not. It's just two friends, hanging out." Camila said and Sofi only nodded. "Uh-huh, okay, I'll take your word on that one." Sofi said sarcastically, causing Camila to roll her eyes again.

"Okay, what do you think about this crop top, with the jeans I'm wearing?" Camila asked as she held up a white crop top.

"Wear those cute high waisted jeans you stole from me, that'll be so cute." Sofi ordered and Camila nodded, "And those cute high heel combat boots you stole from me to top it off." Sofi said excitedly. It was no secret that Sofi had a love for fashion, after all, she did want to major in being a fashion designer. "You know, you steal a lot of shit from me." Sofi said bluntly as Camila walked into her closet.

"I only steal the stuff you don't use." Camila pointed out, "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hey, is that my lipstick on your vanity?!" Sofi asked as she stared at Camila's vanity that was across the room. "Finders keepers." Camila said bluntly, "Where'd you find it?" Sofi asked. "The bathroom." Camila answered, "My bathroom?!" Sofi practically shrieked. "Yes." Camila answered and Sofi rolled her eyes.

Camila then stepped out of the closet wearing the white lose crop top, some high waisted skinny jeans, and her black high heel combat boots. "You look so cute." Sofi gushed and Camila walked over to her mirror. She stared at herself skeptically, "Are you sure?" Camila asked in a unsure tone. "Duh, do I ever lie?" Sofi asked and Camila only sighed.

"I don't know why I feel so self conscious, I mean, it's only Lauren." Camila said and Sofi gave her a look. "Only Lauren? You mean totally hot, planet green eyes, turn girls gay left and right, Lauren?" Sofi asked and Camila stared at her sister. "You did not just say all of that." Camila said and Sofi shrugged, "The girls hot, what can I say? I admire beauty." Sofi said bluntly and Camila rolled her eyes.

"She's also only sixteen, you're eighteen, that's illegal." Camila reminded her and Sofi rolled her eyes, "Calm down Ms. Jealousy, I'm not gay, or bi. This girls strictly dickly. Now sit down, so I can do your hair and makeup." Sofi ordered and Camila only nodded. She walked over to her vanity and sat down, "Straight, curly, or wavy?" Sofi asked. "Do those cute beach wave curls that you did on my hair when we went to Vegas." Camila said and Sofi smirked as she plugged in the straightener.

"What's that smirk for?" Camila asked curiously as she stared at her older sister through the mirror. "Nothing, it's just, you usually don't let me do your hair unless it's for a special occasion." Sofi said, "If this isn't a date, then what's so special about it?" Sofi asked in a teasing tone and Camila rolled her eyes. "Sofi, it's not a date. You know how I feel about dates." Camila said as Sofi started to do her hair.