The New Girl - Chapter Fifteen

- Normani walked up to Dinah after school and smiled, "Hey." Normani said lightly. "Hey." Dinah said smiling back. "Ready to head home?" Normani asked, trying to make small talk. It wasn't that ever since their kiss things have been awkward, it's that they've both been so nervous around each other.

Sure, Dinah and Normani were nervous around each other before, but now that they both actually knew how they felt; they were both afraid to mess it up.

"Actually, I was thinking we could maybe go to Starbucks or something- you know, just you and me." Dinah said, nervously chuckling. "You mean like a-a date?" Normani asked and Dinah nodded. "I mean- only if you want it to be! Cause if you don't that's okay too- I just- I wanted it to be a date and-" Dinah started to ramble but Normani cut her off by kissing her lips gently. She pulled away before Dinah could kiss back.

"Sorry I didn't know how else to shut you up." Normani said, half jokingly. "But yes, I'd love for it to be a date." Normani added and Dinah blushed ferociously. "Well let's go then." Dinah said gently and Normani smiled as they started walking to Dinah's car.

As they approached the car, Dinah opened the door for Normani; and Normani blushed. "Thank you." She said lightly and Dinah smiled, as the dark skinned girl got in. Dinah then shut the door, and sighed contently as she walked to the other side of her car. She got in, and smiled at Normani, who was already smiling her.

"There's no better feeling than seeing her smile." Dinah thought to herself as she shut her door, and started the car. She stared at Normani for a moment, and her smile widened. "What?" Normani asked, in almost a teasing tone. "You're beautiful." Dinah admitted and Normani blushed ferociously, Dinah noticed she was a bit shocked. As if what Dinah had said, had not been the reply Normani was expecting.

But Dinah couldn't help it, she was letting her heart do the talking; and it was the best feeling in the world.

"And I think, when you smile, it makes you twenty times more beautiful." Dinah said gently, and Normani smiled as she blushed even more. "Stop it." Normani said softly, as if she couldn't handle the compliments. But Dinah didn't want to stop, she wanted Normani to know just how beautiful she was.

"Never." Dinah teased, and Normani giggled while blushing as Dinah pulled out of the school's parking lot.

And as Normani watched Dinah drive, she couldn't help but think; "You're beautiful too."

-

"Do you have the answer to number seven?" Lauren asked curiously, as her and Camila laid on the brunette's bed. "Uh yeah, twenty-seven." Camila said and Lauren nodded as she wrote the answer down.

"So, Dinah and Normani looked happy today." Lauren pointed out, causing Camila to look up at her. "I know! I think something happened between them last night." Camila said smirking and Lauren giggled.

"I can't take you seriously with your glasses on." Lauren admitted and Camila smiled embarrassedly, she then began taking her glasses off, but Lauren stopped her by grabbing her arm. "No, leave them on, you look cute." Lauren said seriously, causing Camila to blush as she stared into Lauren's emerald eyes.

They stared at each other for awhile, till Lauren cleared her throat; snapping Camila out of her thoughts. "So, did you and Sofi get over that fight?" Lauren asked curiously, Camila then nodded quickly. "Y-Yeah, actually right after you dropped me off at home we made up." Camila admitted and Lauren smiled. "That's good." Lauren said gently and Camila smiled back at her.