The New Girl - Chapter seven

"BEEP!"

Lauren was interrupted by a loud honk coming from outside. "Shit that must be Melanie and Camila." Lauren said to herself as she hurried to apply her eyeliner. After Lauren applied it flawlessly she smiled at herself in the mirror, grabbed her phone, and rushed downstairs. "That's my ride! See you guys later!" Lauren said quickly to her parents that were on the couch. Before they could even respond, Lauren was already out the door, shutting it behind her.

She walked up to Melanie's car and got in the back seat, closing it after she did. "Hey Laur." Melanie said smiling. "Hey." Lauren said happily. She looked at Camila who was wearing a red crop top, high waisted skinny jeans, and her makeup was done flawlessly. Camila was too busy staring at Lauren to realize the raven haired girls breath hitched. "You look great." Lauren said seriously, causing Camila to blush.

"You don't look too bad yourself." Camila replied, still blushing. Melanie smirked from the drivers seat as she started driving. "So who's gonna be at this party anyways?" Lauren asked curiously as she put her seatbelt on. "Beats me, Ariana's parents are always getting invited to parties." Melanie explained, "Yeah it's her neighbor's party, so probably some rich people that none of us know." Camila added and Lauren only laughed. "So you guys just do this regularly? Go to grownup's parties that you all don't even know?" Lauren asked and Camila giggled, "Yup, that's us." Melanie said and Lauren smiled.

-

Dinah drove up to Normani's house and smiled, "I don't understand why I had to sit in back." Ally said and Dinah turned around in her seat, she looked at Ally seriously. "You are not the height or weight limit to sit up here." Dinah said and Ally glared at her, Dinah honked the horn as a signal to tell Normani that she was outside; knowing the dark skinned girl always had her phone on silent.

"So smalls, what's going on between you and Melanie?" Dinah asked as they waited for Normani. "Nothing." Ally answered and Dinah only shot her a look, "Nothing? Really? So you don't care that she might go on a date with Jordan?" Dinah asked and Ally stared at the blonde. "Is that what she said? Is she considering actually going out with Jordan?" Ally asked in a tone of voice Dinah recognized perfectly.

"Well not exactly, I mean, I haven't really asked her about it." Dinah said truthfully, "Would it bother you if she did? You know, go out with Jordan?" Dinah asked again and Ally rolled her eyes. "I'm straight, Dinah, I don't care about who Melanie goes out with. She's my best friend, that's it." Ally said bluntly.

Dinah was about to say something but Normani hopped into Dinah's convertible without even opening the door. "Hey mama." Dinah said smirking and Normani blushed, "Hey Dinah." Normani said lightly. "You look fine as hell, as always." Dinah flirted and Normani blushed, "You don't look too bad yourself." Normani flirted back. Ally watched the two, unbothered. Dinah and Normani always flirted, no one ever thought much of it because neither of them has ever said anything about having feelings for each other. But sometimes her friends questioned them, and if they really were only harmlessly flirting, or if it was something more.

Dinah and Normani, of course always denied it.

"Oh damn Ally, who are planning on slaying at this party?" Normani asked, as she turned her head to face Ally who smiled at the compliment. "No one, it's just usually these things are formal and all, so I decided to dress up." Ally said truthfully and Normani giggled at her best friend. "Well you look cute little mama." Normani said and Ally smiled widely, "You look cute too manibear!" Ally said happily and Dinah smiled at the two as she sped off.

"I wonder if Camila, Laur, and Melly are already at Ariana's." Normani said and Ally shook her head, "They're driving. Camila texted me." Ally explained, Normani and Dinah nodded. "Has Ariana told you guys about seeing someone?" Dinah asked and both girls shook their heads. "No, why?" Ally asked, "Cause I feel like she is. I mean she had a hickey on her neck at lunch today." Dinah said and Normani nodded in agreement, "She's always late to class too, you know how punctual she used to be." Normani pointed out. "If she is seeing someone maybe she just doesn't want us to know." Ally butted in.