The New Girl - Chapter nine

Dinah stirred awake, groaning as the sun hit her face. "D-Did my window move over night?" She asked; as she sat up, she looked around and realized where she was. "When the hell did I get to mani's house?" She asked herself out loud, "Last night, you were drunk as hell." Normani said bluntly, walking into the room with only a bra and some skinny jeans on. "Well hey there mama, I could get used to waking up to this." Dinah said smirking.

Normani put a crop top on and threw some clothes at Dinah, "Get dressed, school starts in thirty minutes." Normani said bluntly as she walked downstairs. "Well someone's in a bad mood." Dinah mumbled as she stood, she soon realized her head was pounding. "Mani-" Dinah yelled and before she could even finish her sentence, Normani beat her to it, "Advil's on the nightstand next to the water bottle!" Normani yelled and Dinah smiled. "I have no idea what I would do without that girl." Dinah mumbled to herself.

After Dinah did her morning routine, she walked downstairs wearing some grey joggers and a crop top, it was simpler than usual; but she had a hangover and didn't really care. She grabbed her phone, that thankfully Normani had put to charge, and she walked downstairs. She saw Normani sitting on the couch using her phone, "Wanna go grab breakfast before school?" Dinah asked and Normani stood up. "Sure. Your car is still at Ari's, we can use my moms though, she left it here." Normani said bluntly and Dinah nodded. "Cool." Dinah said smiling.

"Let's go mama." Dinah said as she grabbed her keys and her purse. They walked out of the front door and Normani locked it. They walked to the car and Dinah, like always, opened the passenger door for Normani. "Thanks." Normani mumbled as she got in. Dinah furrowed her eyebrows as she shut the door and walked over to the other side, getting in and shutting the door as she did. She started the car and pulled out of the driveway. "Thanks for letting me stay at your place last night, my mom would've killed me if I went home drunk again." Dinah said and Normani only nodded.

"I know, that's why I let you stay at my place." Normani said bluntly. Dinah then began to wonder why Normani was acting so weird this morning, but she shook it off, thinking it was only because the dark skinned girl isn't a morning person. "So, where do you wanna go eat?" Dinah asked and Normani shrugged, "Wherever." Normani answered bluntly and Dinah nodded. "McDonald's so we won't be late?" Dinah asked and Normani nodded.

They drove in silence the rest of the way, it bothered Dinah but she chose not to say anything. After they got breakfast at McDonald's drive thru, not forgetting about the others of course, they drove to school.

Instead of waiting for Dinah to open her door, like she usually did, Normani opened it herself and got out. Dinah sighed, as she turned off the car and caught up to Normani. They soon saw Camila, Ally, Lauren, and Melanie sitting in the courtyard. "Hey guys, we bought breakfast." Dinah said smirking.

"Oh thank the lord!" Camila said, holding her stomach dramatically causing Lauren to giggle. "No, thank Dinah." Dinah corrected and Ally shot her a look, "No, Camila was right, Dinah. We thank the lord every time we have food, for without him none of this-" Ally started but Dinah cut her off. "Ally I love you, but it's way too early for you to be preaching." Dinah said bluntly and Ally rolled her eyes as everyone laughed, except for Normani. This didn't go unnoticed by Ally.

"So, where's Ari?" Dinah asked as she reached into the bag and handed everyone their breakfast. "No idea, she's not here yet, and she hasn't answered the group chat." Lauren said, "Maybe she over slept." Melanie said. She knew Ariana was going through something, she saw how down she was last night. But she chose not to say anything, since it really wasn't her place to tell anyone. "Maybe. I mean she didn't get home till like twelve, that's when she dropped Dinah and I off." Normani said bluntly.

"You were so drunk last night, D." Lauren said and Dinah rolled her eyes, "I was not that drunk." Dinah said. "The entire car ride to Ari's you kept screaming "live fast die young, bad girls do it well"." Camila said causing everyone, except for Normani and Dinah, to laugh. "I got it all on video." Melanie said smirking, causing Dinah to gasp.