5: Silver and Metal✔️

MUSIC: (Sonic Generations) Rival Battle - Metal Sonic

Station Square

Jayde appeared in the middle of town, the bright sun glowing down on her. Her body felt like she had been through a time loop. She looked up towards the black and red hedgehog who teleported them to see him walking away from her.

"H-Hey, wait up!" She ran, almost tripping over her own two feet before walking alongside him, trying to keep up with his brisk pace, "How'd you learn to do that?"

Shadow chuckled, glancing at her, "I am the Ultimate Lifeform created by Gerald Robotnik. I have the power of chaos control."

"Is that why you have the inhibitor rings?" Shadow nodded at the inquisitive young hedgehog beside him, continuing to look for the white hog.

Jayde and Shadow wandered around for a bit longer, enjoying the silence, until the black hedgehog pointed towards something. The grey female looked to find a pure white hedgehog, five quills spiking up from his head, two large quills pointing down his back. He had fluffy chest fur around his neck.

"Is that Silver?" Jayde asked. Shadow nodded, walking towards the hedgehog.

"Silver."

The male's ear flicked before turning around from the table in a cafe. Jayde glanced towards the Ultimate Lifeform, "So, he's fixing the past by sitting in a coffee shop?" Shadow looked down at her, slightly amused.

Silver's hazel eyes looked at his fellow hedgehogs, "Shadow," he spoke. Jayde noticed some tension between the two and scratched her head slightly, "And who's this?"

Jayde held her hand out, "Jayde the Hedgehog."

Silver shook her hand, smiling at her. Shadow stepped forward slightly, taking the Shard from Jayde's quills, "Hey!" she muttered, blowing a loose strand of quill that rested on her face, eyes half cast.

"Silver, what do you know about the Seven Shards?"

The white hedgehog's eyes widened as he took the Shard and stared at it, "Well, they are very powerful and useful in the future. Each Shard has its own power, own Secret Garden and own Guardian. How on Mobius did you get this?" Silver looked to the grey female questioningly, "The Guardians usually go insane when someone comes across them and will always fight."

Jayde placed a hand on her hip, taking back her Shard, "It wasn't in a Secret Garden nor guarded by anything. It was just lying on the ground?" she stared at it.

A harsh wind sped past them, making Shadow yell out, "Faker, we're here!" The blue speedster skidded to a halt before rushing back to them.

Sonic looked to Silver, "You're fixing the past by sitting in a cafe?"

"That's what I said!" Jayde grinned.

"No, I was taking a break. Mobius is a big place you know." Silver muttered.

The blue hero pointed to the Shard in the grey hedgehog's hand, "So, what are they?"

Silver sighed, "They are very powerful Shards. They were created by the Riot God's to protect this world. They were once one; but some kind of incident occurred, and they broke into Seven Shards. If all seven of them come together something incredible happens, but if they are used incorrectly, it can be devastating for the world - much like the Chaos Emeralds." His eyes suddenly connected with the inhibitor rings on Jayde's wrists. His breathing hitched, "Jayde, when did you get the lose inhibitors?"

The grey hedgehog glanced at her wrists and smiled, "Well, when I found this shard and picked it up, they appeared. Pretty cool, huh?"

"You... You are one of the Seven Shard's Protectors."

"Hang on. What?" Jayde's eyes widened.

The white hedgehog nodded, "Each Shard chooses a Protector, depending on the host's heart. If they are worthy enough, they will be blessed with this power that you now have." Jayde dropped the Shard in shock, only for Silver to quickly use his telekinesis to catch it, "Don't drop it; it will smash!" he held it up towards the female, allowing her to put it back into her quills safely.

"Sorry. It's a bit of a shock for someone as immature as me to have... this!" she told the male hedgehogs, stretching her arms out in front of her.

"If that breaks it could unleash some kind of evil power, just as the black one would if it were used by itself!" Silver told the hedgehogs.

"That must be the one Eggman is searching for." Shadow muttered.

"So, if Eggman get a hold on that black Shard, he can create worldwide destruction?" Sonic asked Silver.

"Pretty much," The white hedgehog sighed, "Then he can build his Eggman Empire."

The grey hedgehog snickered, "Eggman Empire, really?" Sonic chuckled and nodded. Jayde turned back to Silver, "What else would happen if someone used these things incorrectly?"

Silver thought for a moment before looking at the grey hedgehog, "If someone like Mephiles the Dark were to get a hold of the Shards, he would be able to control the planet, and destroy it, but that's not something you should be worrying about."

"It's not?"

Silver shook his head, "The Seven Shards and Chaos Emeralds are connected somehow. If you come in contact with negative chaos energy, it would turn you into a vicious being that would destroy anything in her path."

Jayde visibly swallowed. Shadow had his arms crossed as he looked at the grey female, watching as her ears flattened against her head, "Wait... What?"

Silver silently nodded, "Just don't be around negative chaos energy and you should be fine."

Another burst of speed flew past them, a low metallic noise coming from the object. A cloud of dust swirled around the hedgehogs before in the middle, stood Metal Sonic. The sun glazed down on his blue paintwork; his red computerized eyes stared at Jayde, standing completely motionless, "Jayde the Hedgehog. Shard - priority one."

"Looks like Eggman is tracking you." Sonic chuckled, resting his knuckles on his hip as he watched his metal lookalike.

"Why does he look like you?" Jayde asked, watching the robot glance at the Shard in her hand.

"That's Metal Sonic," Shadow huffed, "Another useless invention of Eggman's. It seems he thinks Metal can get the shard from you."

"Don't worry, guys, I got this." Sonic chuckled, wiping his nose and tapping the tip of his shoe on the ground before running towards his lookalike. Metal Sonic flew towards the blue blur at the same speed, hitting him head on with force, "Hello Metal, haven't seen you around for a while, Eggman screw up ya brain yet?"

Metal Sonic made some kind of alienated sounds before slamming his metallic fist against the blue hedgehog, sending him flying towards Jayde. Shadow gave an uninterested look, quickly pulling her aside, Sonic flying past the grey female and into Silver who yelped.

"Thanks, Shades." Jayde smiled, flicking her bangs out of her eyes as she looked towards the toppled over male hedgehogs. Shadow stared at Jayde, nicknames?

Silver groaned, pushing the blue blur off his back, "Yeah, thanks, Shadow." He mocked. Metal Sonic stood in front of them, the cobalt male grumbling, instantly racing towards him. Punch after punch was thrown towards each other, Sonic barely missing a hit to his head.

"I see Egghead upgraded your fighting skills. Level loser now are we?" Sonic grinned at his metal doppelganger before turning and rolling into a spin dash, knocking him further away from the gang. Metal Sonic started to malfunction, his eyes flickering before he flew off, dark grey smoke coming from his back. Sonic flipped and landed beside the team, crossing his arms as they watched Metal Sonic fly away, "I think we'll be seeing again in the future."