40: The Dark Side ✔️

MUSIC: Aero Chord - Warrior of the Night (Original Mix)

The red echidna let out a growl before the metallic fist slammed down on him. As the dust cleared, the grey hedgehog heard a groan from the white male next to her, his gloves lighting up as he kept the robots arm away from the crouched red echidna using his telekinesis, "Knuckles, move!" Silver's strained voice yelled, his body visibly straining from the strength the Shard gave to the robot. Sonic's eyes reached the scene, destroying the final bot before racing under the robot. Grabbing Knuckles' arm, they ran out from under the metallic fists just as Silver lost his strength and dropped his power.

The robot roared loudly again, racing a full speed around the gang, preventing escape. No one anticipated it. Its speed was incredible, almost as fast as Sonic with the Shard. The two-tailed fox glared at the invention as it whizzed around them, trying to figure out a way to stop this creation when it used the Shard. The robot's directions suddenly changed, and charged directly towards the grey female hedgehog. Jayde's eyes widened, fear rising within her body. She couldn't sprint away, she would be too slow. Sonic was over by Knuckles and Blaze, his fur slowly darkening as he almost watched his best friend be killed.

A loud shout yelled out, "NO!" as Jayde clenched her eyes shut, preparing for the impact that would hit her. A black blur quickly rushed towards the fearful grey hog. Everyone's focus was now on the grey female, multiple gasps echoed around her. Jayde was roughly shoved to the ground, a few scraps on her already injured arm and legs as she rolled. Jayde opened one eye before widening both her orbs, leaning up on her forearms. Standing in front of her was the Ultimate Lifeform, his body shaking as he turned around to face her with a weakening smirk. The robots fists had collided with his stomach, his body taking all the impact that Jayde would have.

"Ngh- he's almost as tough as me!" his voice strained as he let out a groan before his eyes shut. The female's face showed horror as she watched the Ultimate Lifeform fall to his knees and as soon to his stomach.

"Shadow!" Jayde yelled as the gang let out a gasp. The grey hedgehog's body slump beside her saviour.

The monster roared loudly as Eggman chuckled, "Not so tough now, are we Shadow?"

Shadow's fists were clenched as his body shook. Jayde's fingers ran through his quills, hate in her eyes and another being rising inside her. Sonic stood beside her, his fur completely dark. Something inside the female awoken, her eyes shutting as she let out a low growl. And with Sonic's dark aura present, it rose within her. Jayde's hands suddenly grasped the black and red fur and her eyes shot open to reveal pure white, no orbs - just like Sonic. She stood, clenching her fists as she glared up at the creation. Jayde's fur was a dark grey, her blue stripes a dark blue and the bands on her inhibitor rings had become a blood red.

The doctor visibly gulped, "Oops, maybe that was a bad move on my part." He spoke to himself as he glanced down at the two dark hedgehogs. But not even they would scare him from continuing.

Jayde glared up. Dr Eggman had hurt her friend. He hurt Shadow. The being crawled from deep within her bones to destroy this monster who had caused him pain. She wanted to annihilate him from the inside, making him feel the hurt that the ebony hedgehog went through, "You ready?" She asked Sonic, not making eye contact towards anyone but the robot. Her voice was low, slightly deeper, showing authority and anger. Sonic nodded, a small, sickening smirk prying on the corner if his muzzle, and they charged at full speed towards Eggman's monstrosity.

Jayde's speed and fighting skills had been increased, her body becoming a dark being that awakened when her friends were truly hurt. The punch that had knocked into Shadow has caused this being to arise, taking control. Unlike her Negative form, the grey hedgehog could control this being - it was one with her. She wouldn't ever be able to leave this side of her because it was part of her; and the inhibitor rings. It was only dangerous to the ones who hurt her friends. Sonic jumped into the air, his speed becoming unbearably fast to keep up with. His two-tailed sidekick had never seen Sonic's dark form. He watched the fight in shock, his two friends landing punch after punch on Eggman's work. How could the dark form appear on them? How would they get them to calm down? The only thing that Tails knew is that they wouldn't stop until that robot was destroyed completely.

Amy Rose looked up at her new friend and blue hero. She couldn't bare that they were taking all the hits and she couldn't do anything. Her hammer would be too weak against a Shard powered robot. She looked towards the dark hedgehog that was slumped on the floor beside Silver. She rushed towards him, "Shadow?" The only response she got was a low groan, and his hand tightened around his stomach. His eyes clamped shut as he tried to sit up. The black and red hedgehog opened one eye to see the girl he saved fighting in a dark being. He saw the power radiating off her and Sonic, each of the using each other to throw punches towards the metallic tin can. He did it for her; he wouldn't let her get hurt again - he couldn't. It was his job to protect his Renee, and no one would stop him from doing that.

Up above the gang, the two furious hedgehogs glared at the creation. The once light grey hedgehog took a deep breath before concentrating. Her fur slowly disappeared, leaving a lot of her friend's eyes to widen. Espio had taught her to control her power, but little did she know that the robot could tell where she was. As Jayde went to run around the robot, a fist came behind her, aiming to knock her down.

"Look out!" yelled Sonic, who could sense her presence, and he quickly spin dashed into the robots arms, knocking it from its socket.

The fat man in the eggcarrier laugh loudly, leaning over to see the grey hedgehog reappear. "That Shard of his can figure out where you are; there's no point of using your useless power!"

The grey hedgehog growled before focusing her energy again, her body disappearing. She quickly ran around, throwing a powerful punch towards the robots leg. She used the spin dash technique Sonic had taught her to move quickly. Her body was still invisible. The only one who could find her was the robot, who couldn't keep up with her fast movements. She was still curled in a fast moving ball as she roamed around her friends, each of their quills lifting up at her speed as she shot past them. Jayde turned, quickly moving straight up to the robot, leaping up. She appeared again, face to face with the robot as her friends gasped. She smirked, before staring down at the robot, becoming invisible again before diving into a spin dash right into its face. She continued until she landed on the floor on the other side.

Sonic leapt up as well, spin dashing straight into the robots chest, his fur still dark blue, his eyes having no pupil. He grabbed the Shard ripping it from the robots body, allowing to slump on the floor. Sonic landed on the robot's back, throwing up the Shard and catching it again, letting out a laugh, "Guess you'll have to go back to the drawing board." He snickered, glancing up at the bald headed male in the eggcarrier.

The main thing that could calm these two was to see the ones they loved were okay. If they were ever to stay in their dark forms, they would become completely one with it. They would have two minds, two ways of thinking. It wouldn't ever become spiteful or unkind towards its friends; but it would become heartless and serious, never able to joke or have fun. The grey and blue hedgehogs were suddenly captured in Silver's telekinesis, pulling them towards the remaining three hedgehogs. Shadow had now stood to his feet, looking directly at Jayde, not scared by her white eyes or dark aura. Amy looked towards Sonic, her blue hero watching her every move.

"Sonic, please calm down!" she whimpered, reaching out to him. His face stared at the pink female before his eyes reappeared, his fur lighting and his quills dropping again. He looked passed the rose hedgehog, glaring at the trees, slightly ashamed of himself for letting his anger get so far. The grey female beside was staring at Shadow, scanning him for any injuries. The only thing she could see was his hand as he held onto a painful area.

"I'm fine, Renee." He spoke, trying not to wince for her sake. Jayde's fur lightened to her regular grey, her dark blue eyes reappearing again.

"Shadow?" she whispered as her body slumped slightly in Silver's telekinesis, her hands pressing against the force field. The being calmed within her and left, causing her to feel drained from the sudden loss of power. Silver let the two down, allowing Jayde and Shadow to lean against each other for support.

"Oh, Sonic!" Amy cried, pouncing on him for a hug.

"A-Amy!" he yelped, gently pulling her away as her hands hit a bruise on his back. Amy realised she was causing him pain and instead held tenderly onto his arm.

"Ah, how cute." The voice came from the eggcarrier, making the gang look up. Eggman had produced the black Shard, a grin on his face. "Now, I'll show you the true power of the Seven Shards!"