8: Treasure Stealer ✔️

Music: (Sonic Generations) Challenge: Mission 3 (Sonic Battle: Emerald Beach)

A Few Hours Later

"So, with these communicators, we will be able to locate all the Shards?" Amy asked, staring at the yellow watch attached to her wrist.

The twin-tailed fox nodded, his tails moving slowly in their place, "I've rewired them and added some information that I put in the EGH so they will hopefully locate the Shards for us."

Sonic tapped the screen a few times, not a fan of having communicators on, "Where are we going now then?"

"Since Eggman is after the Seven Shards, we should try and get to them before he does. Silver and Blaze suggested going to a clearing in the forest for a few days were most of the Shards are close to. From there, we'll split into teams and take in turns to find a Shard." Tails explained, walking over to his plane.

Jayde put her communicator in her quills, making sure to leave it on. She watched as the young fox pulled some tools out, flying up to his plane's engine to screw up a few bolts. "Tails, did you make this plane?"

"I wish." He chuckled, placing some goggles over his eyes, "It was originally Sonic's plane and he gave it to me. She was a little banged up so I fixed her and increased her speed, now she's good as new!" The grey hedgehog swiped a hand over the paintwork, admiring the plane.

"He did a great job too. She glides easy now and is almost as fast as me!" Sonic spoke over a mouthful of chili dogs.

"Yeah, right." Tails smirked over the hood.

Amy wrinkled her nose, "Don't speak with your mouth full, it's rude." She muttered, leaning against the wall with her foot up against the wood. The speedster shrugged, taking another bite of the food in his hands.

The door suddenly slammed against the wall, a red echidna smacking his fists together as he walked inside Tails' workshop. The fox sighed, "Do you mind? I'd rather not have to replace that door again."

"I'm ready to fight!" Knuckles grinned, ignoring the young one's comment.

Sonic raised an eyebrow, but only paid interest to the chili dog in his hand. Tails removed his goggles, turning to face the echidna, "Er, what?"

"Rouge told me you guys were fighting against Eggman for some kind of crystal. I want in! I've been bored on Angel Island for a while now." He spoke before pausing, staring in confusion at the new hedgehog in the room, "Who are you?" he pointed towards the grey female.

"Girls don't like it when you're rude, Knux." Sonic grinned, staring at the pink hedgehog as she scowled at him.

The female walked over to the echidna, reaching out her hand, "I'm Jayde the Hedgehog, who are you?" she asked, using the same tone as he.

"I'm Knuckles. Knuckles the Echidna; protector of the Master Emerald on Angel Island. What do you do?" the echidna responded, shaking her hand. He was amused at her attitude towards him; people usually gave him more respect because of his job.

"I am one of the protectors of the Seven Shards."

"The Seven what?"

Amy shook her head at the inconsiderate male, dragging the grey hedgehog away from him, "Just ignore Knucklehead; he won't remember what you tell him anyway." She muttered.

"Hey, I heard that."

"You were meant to, genius." Amy spoke.

"Anyway," Tails piped up, flying away from his plane and towards his computer, "How did Rouge know about us fighting Eggman?"

"I told her." They looked towards the door again to find Shadow and a white bat standing there. Jayde grinned before focusing her power and turned herself invisible. Sonic raised a nonexistent eyebrow to the now empty spot, wondering what she was up to.

"It has been a while since I last laid my eyes on some jewels." Rouge spoke, walking in and sitting on the sofa, folding one leg over the other just as a lady would.

"They're not to steal, Rouge." Sonic spoke, wiping his fingers of chili dogs. "They're to stop Eggman with whatever he's doing and to help Jayde."

The pink hedgehog looked around her, a frown on her face, "Where is Jayde?"

The grey hedgehog snickered quietly, her body still invisible as she walked behind the Ultimate Lifeform. Shadow's ear twitched before he felt a swipe against his back wings, making his whole body tense, his fur flicking out and his muzzle turned a faint red. He grumbled, "I think I found her."

Jayde's body appeared behind the red striped hedgehog as she burst into laughter, "You're muzzle looks like Knuckles' fur!" she pointed.

Rouge grinned at the spirited teen, "Who's the new hedgie?" she asked. Rouge was fascinated because the female didn't cower under Shadow's powerful stance like most people did. She actually pulled a prank on the Ultimate Lifeform and got away with it! She must mean something to him if she was able to pull that off! Sonic snickered at the Ultimate Lifeform before responding to the white bat.

"This is Jayde."

"Pleased to meet you, hun. I'm Rouge the Bat, GUN agent and treasure hunter." The bat spoke, shaking the hedgehog's hand.

"More like treasure stealer." Knuckles muttered to himself, crossing his arms. Rouge grinned towards the red echidna, placing a hand on her hip.

"What's that, Knuckie? I know you love to talk about me; I just hope it's nice things." Knuckles' muzzle grew warm as he growled, glaring at the bat that had snuck beside him.

"The only thing I talk about you is how irritating you are!"

Rouge grinned at the angry male, "Ah, that's what they all say."