38: Ready to Fight✔️

MUSIC: FadeX - Pokémon Riot

A Few Hours Later

"Okay, guys," Tails spoke as everyone ducked and hid behind a bush, "According to my calculations, Eggman's robot is close to being finished. If we strike the base before it's at its full charge, we should have a fighting chance."

"I'm ready to break it!" the red echidna grinned, smacking his fists together. Everyone had waited until dusk before attacking the doctor's new invention. They had ran directly from Tails' workshop and now each of them were ready to fight back and protect the world. The twin-tailed fox rolled his at Knuckles before focusing on the weak points of the invention. Without the proper analysis, he only had the blueprints. Dr Eggman had not updated his systems enough for Tails to dig deeper into his plans and he was only basing his final opinion on those.

Jayde stretched her arm to the side before shaking out her body. She was finally going to complete her mission and protect the world from the Interficio Quattuor, should Eggman release them. She begged to the Riot Gods he wouldn't. Without the blue Shard she had left at Tails' workshop, she could not transform into the Riot form and would prove useless in the fight to save the planet.

Silver and Blaze stood beside a tree, working on their fighting techniques. With the telekinesis hedgehog's advanced ability to capture the feline's flames, they had used the technique in many missions and it had proved useful. Silver could control the fire in his psychokinesis and aim it directly towards the target for maximum impact. The white hog was enthralled to apart of such an important part of history. In the future, many Protectors have been destroyed because of their negative form taking control and seeking obliteration of the world, but now he had experienced the cure first hand, none of them had to be annihilated.

The pink hedgehog stretched her bones before she flicked her gloved fingers and her mallet appeared on her palms. Amy was ready to fight and show her blue hero she could defend herself. Maybe he'd bring her on more missions if she could prove that she was just as powerful as him in battle.

"Hey, Knuckie," Rouge grinned, watching as the red echidna rested against the trunk of a tree, "Are you ready to fight?"

Knuckles opened one eye, glancing at the ivory bat before closing it again, "Are you kidding? Eggman's robots are no problem." He crossed his arms and twitched his nose as he sensed the female moving closer.

"The robots he creates can be pretty tough." She spoke, relaxing on a large rock beside him. Placing one leg over the other, she closed her eyes to enjoy the cool breeze.

"Huh, I've experienced worse." The echidna muttered, thinking about the Metarex he faced once in space, "They won't cause me any damage."

"I love it when you talk about how tough you are, Knuckie." Rouge grinned. Knuckles almost fell over his feet as the female spoke, causing him to grip the bark. The bat opened one eye to wink at him, "I hope you'll be there to save me when I fall."

The red male's muzzle grew hot and he glared at the bat as she quickly flew away, "You're batty!" he yelled, swinging his fist around. The cerulean hedgehog chuckled at the hothead, munching on a chilli dog he had brought with him. Knuckles' glower turned to face the blue speedster beside him before swinging his fist around and knocking the food out of his hand, causing it to fly through the air.

"No!" Sonic shouted out, quickly skidding along the floor to catch his precious meal before it hit the ground. But his running was cut short as his body crashed into the Ultimate Lifeform, sending them both to the ground.

Shadow groaned before pushing Sonic off him, "Get off me, Faker!" he growled, dusting himself off as he stood.

The blue hedgehog sighed in relief at the chilli dog that rested in his palm before standing up and taking another bite. Jayde pulled the baseball from her quills before walking towards Amy.

"Amy, watch this," she grinned quietly before glancing at the eating hog, "Hey, Sonic! Catch!" Jayde yelled before lobbing the baseball over the trees. It flew against the wind, shooting off into the distance. A blue blur zipped after it before quickly returning, taking another bite of his chilli dog as he handed Jayde back her ball. The two hedgehogs chuckled.

Silver frowned, "How did you throw it that far?"

"I used to play a lot with my brother." Jayde smiled slightly, "He was the best player."

A loud crack, ruining the moment, was heard before a tree fell between the gang, everyone flinching as they gathered together again. A deep laugh was heard as Eggman flew above them in his eggcarrier, the green Shard in his gasp. "Ho, ho, ho! Are you ready to fight the most powerful-"

"Hang on," Sonic spoke, raising a finger to pause the Doctor. He continued to munch on his chill dog, much to the aggravation of the evil genius. Eggman grumbled under his breath, clenching his jaw shut as the blue hedgehog finished off his food, "Okay, I'm ready." He spoke over a mouthful.

The doctor growled before glaring at the grey female, "Jayde the Renegade, this is your final chance! Join me or be obliterated by my ultimate creation!"

Jayde stepped forward, her fists clenched by her sides, "I'll never work with you!" she shouted, gnashing her teeth.