39: Get the Shard! ✔️

MUSIC: Martin Garrix (ft MOTi) - Virus (How About Now)
[A/N one of my favourites👆]

"You have had your final chances, renegade!" Eggman yelled down from his eggcarrier. The grey hedgehog glared up at the bald man, Shadow, Sonic, Amy and Silver each beside her. "Witness my ultimate creation!" His fist crashed down on his control panel, a loud stomp echoing through the forest. A large robot tore through the dark forest, its colours a red and gold, with black metallic eyes and sharp pointy fingers that clenched into fists. It looked like a strong steal, maybe even too difficult for Sonic to break with a spin dash. Its metal shone brightly, that definitely was not just Eggman working on it.

"We need that final Shard!" Tails yelled, glaring at the grey hedgehog. Why hadn't she brought it with her anyway? Jayde growled at herself for leaving it behind. Because she was going back to Eggman's base, she thought it best to leave it at the young fox's workshop for safety - clearly that wasn't the best idea. Now that Eggman had two Shards and the team had four, they needed Jayde's original Shard to help transform into the Riots form. Only if she has her Protected Shard will she be able to complete the transformation and defeat the evil that will come from Doctor Eggman.

"I can't go back alone." Jayde stated, clenching her fists as she ran forward slightly, glancing back. It was difficult to say she needed help, but these robots were more powerful than ever and to be captured by one would give the evil genius a massive advantage. Since only one Shard has been connected with a Mobian, the Shard that the grey female protects is one of the strongest. To use it with the black shard could be catastrophic for the planet. Without help, if she was captured, she'd have no chance.

Shadow and Rouge stepped forwards, nodding towards their soon-to-be fellow agent, "We'll come with you, Agent Jayde." Rouge grinned before hovering above them. The Ultimate Lifeform pulled the hedgehog into a bridal hold.

"Hold on, Renee." Shadow muttered before hurriedly skating off, the ivory bat not far behind them. The remaining group glared back at the invention. Tails got to work trying to find a weak spot, Amy directly in front of him with her mallet in hand, preparing for an attack. Sonic stood beside the rose hedgehog, supporting her as Silver walked towards the feline and echidna.

Knuckles stepped forward, smacking his fists together, "You ready for a beat down?" he grinned, turning to face the gang.

Blaze moved, her hands igniting with flames, "I will assist you, Guardian." They nodded towards each other before running towards the robot as it let out another roar of anger.

Knuckles and Blaze fought their way around the creation, the red echidna only getting a few dents on the oversize tin can. His fists clashed against the enemy, his full force going into his hits, anger building up as he realised his attacks were not doing much. Blaze clenched her fists, fire rising from her palms before she threw fires towards the enemy, trying to melt the armour that surrounded the prevailing invention. Each of their power was affecting the robot in some way before Knuckles dug underground. Blaze blasted the robot back, creating a firewall around it to prevent escape. Knuckles suddenly burst from the ground, leaping up to launch a punch on the creations face. It fell back, landing with an almighty thud on the ground. From the eggcarrier, Dr. Eggman chuckled before throwing something shiny towards the robot. It landed on his invention before the robots fists slammed against the ground, its form standing up again. Blaze stepped backwards from the robot as it glitched, its eyes turning a dark purple.

"It's powered by a Shard!" Sonic shouted, pointing to the middle of its chest were a bright red light was illuminating from. The robots fists moved, crashing down towards the two fighters.

With the Agents

Meanwhile, Shadow, Rouge and Jayde had just reached Tails' workshop which was surrounded by Eggman robots. The Ultimate Lifeform dropped the hedgehog, performing a chaos blast, destroying any metallic scavengers in their path. More rose from behind the trees, isolating the three agents, "Quick Jayde, go get the Shard, we'll hold them off!" Rouge called before landing a spin attack on the closest bots. The female nodded before running into the workshop.

Almost everything was destroyed. It was clear that the robots had been searching for the Shard and struggled against Tails' defence systems. A few robots were still moving and hastily aimed for the grey hedgehog, being programmed as priority one to destroy her on sight. Jayde dodged the bullets, leaping from place to place. She focused on her powers, using what Espio had taught her to jolt into a spin dash, knocking the robots off guard, crashing them into a wall.

The female unrolled, grabbing the blue Shard from a hidden place and stuffing it in her quills. "Jayde!" The grey hedgehog's ear flicked, grabbing a communicator from the bench to reveal Tails.

"You have to hurry! Eggman has used a Shard to power his robot." Amy cried, pointing towards Blaze, Knuckles and Silver who were fighting against the large robot. The blue blur was attacking the smaller robots around them, avoiding any injury to come to the rose hedgehog and twin-tailed fox.

A few Eggman robots crashed through the window, aiming for the grey female, "We're on our way!" Jayde promised, shutting them off. Glancing around, she quickly grabbed her GUN jacket, clutching the firearm in her pocket before shooting towards the enemies. Something glinted in her eye, and she turned to see a large robot racing towards her, a Chaos Emerald on its chest plate.

Jayde clenched her fists, leaping up to avoid the destructive blasts. She pushed her feet against the wall before pushing and spin dashing towards the robot. But the robot was more powerful than she had anticipated and it flew an arm around, knocking smack bang into her. The female flew into a wall, groaning on impact and a pain shot through her arm. The mech aimed towards her again, making her jump up and jolt forward into another spin dash. But every time was a fail, even if she became invisible. The robot used her weakness as an advantage and captured her in its metallic grasp, ready for the final blow. But the shard in her quills gleamed, a flood of power running through the female. Her eyes glowed brightly as they opened and a powerful blast shot from her palms.

Much like Shadow's chaos blast, the Riot blast was just as powerful and able to break through almost anything. And with a Chaos Emerald nearby, the robot didn't stand a chance. His metallic frame quivered under the great force and disintegrated into thin air, the Chaos Emerald dropping to the ground. Jayde breathed a sigh of relief before grabbing the emerald and rushing out. Shadow and Rouge were still fighting against the robots as they came towards them. The female raised the gun, staring down the barrel as she took a short breath and shot again, joining the fight. Her fellow agents were on the other side of the Eggman robot army.

"There's Jayde!" Rouge said, flying over the bots. The grey hedgehog slammed her foot against a few robots, a load more with her fist. Her ear twitched, and her arm bent backwards, shooting another robot with her firearm. Robots circled the grey hedgehog and barrelled towards her at once, causing her to leap up. They crashed and burned below her, the blast causing her to flip in the air. But before she slammed into the ground, the ivory bat caught hold of her leg, stopping her fall.

"Thanks, Rouge!" Jayde called before being dropped beside the red and black hedgehog. She handed the Ultimate Lifeform the Chaos Emerald and he said his famous words before they disappeared in a vivid light.

The Shard powered robot, that supported and protected the evil genius, was beating up the injured echidna. His form was almost too weak to continue but he'd never give up that easily. The feline focused more of her power and thrust her gloved paws forward; a steaming flame raced towards the invention and was a direct hit. This angered the robot and his fist came hurtling down toward the red echidna below.

At that moment, the three agents appeared and gasped at the scene in front of them, "Knuckles!"