6: The Chaotix✔️

MUSIC: (Sonic Generations) Collection Room (Door into Summer)

The four hedgehogs walked back to Tails' workshop, questions being thrown towards the grey hedgehog walking between Shadow and Silver.

"So, Jayde," Sonic started, looking at the blue-striped female, "Where do you come from?" Jayde looked towards the trees, watching as the leaves fell to the ground, creating an orange, yellow and red path along the ground. She scratched the back of her head.

"I'm from a small, nameless village about five miles east of Mobius." She told the blue hedgehog, watching as Silver played with some leaves using his telekinesis in front of them.

"Why'd ya leave?" the white hedgehog asked, not making eye contact. Jayde let out a silent sigh, her ears flattening slightly. Shadow pretended not to notice this, but kept the grey hedgehog on his radar. Jayde bent down and picked up a stick, fiddling with it in her palms.

"Something came up. Something... happened." She responded, taking a breath, "I ran away after it occurred and I've been exploring the forests since, not knowing my next destination or adventure."

Sonic grinned, placing his hands behind his head, "That's the best part! Not knowing what you're going up against. Just flow with the wind!" Jayde smiled at the last part, agreeing with the blue speedster.

They walked for a few more minutes until Tails' workshop came into view, "Hey, Tails!" Silver shouted as he walked in, startling the two-tailed fox and purple cat, "Oh, and Blaze!" he added, grinning towards the feline.

Blaze rolled her eyes at the white hedgehog, a small smile on her muzzle as she waved. Jayde hopped over to the young fox, staring at the computer screen, "Have you found out anything?" she asked, noticing a picture of the Seven Shards.

Tails scanned through the page before speaking allowed, "Yes. The Seven Shards were created by the God's to keep peace between them but after many disagreements, the Riot God shattered the crystal into Seven Pieces out of anger, each of them gaining one piece each. Each Shard has a power to give to the chosen Protector, like you. It's rare that there will be another Protector in the timeline of your life."

Shadow came beside the grey female, staring at Tails' computer screen, "Has there ever been a Protector before?"

Tails shook his head, "No, Jayde is the first and as the first, she gets the most powerful gift that is yet to be revealed. I can't seem to find out what it is..."

Jayde smirked, messing up the bangs on the twin-tailed fox's forehead, making him swat her hand away, "We'll find out soon enough, Tails. What powers do I have anyway?"

The young fox flicked through some files before speaking, "Apparently-"

"Hey, guys!" a squeaky male voice yelled, interrupting Tails. The six looked towards the door, finding The Chaotix. Jayde looked at the three males, each of them having wide grins on their faces. The grey female noticed the crocodile as the one being at Vanilla's home the last she visited but they never properly introduced themselves.

"Vector, Charmy and Espio, long time no see." Sonic said, raising his hand to wave.

"Far too long." The crocodile agreed. His voice was deep but had a high pitch tone to it. Jayde walked over to them beside the blue hedgehog, gaining their attention.

"Who's this?" the chameleon asked, pointing towards the grey hedgehog.

"Guys, this is Jayde the Hedgehog, the newest member of Team Sonic!" the blue blur grinned, introducing the female to The Chaotix.