11: Wake Up ✔️

MUSIC: (Sonic Unleashed) Spagonia - Rooftop Run Day

The Next Day

Jayde stretched against the tree trunk as she woke up, a quiet yawn leaving her lips. She turned her body to look below, a small chuckle leaving her lips. Silver was the only other one awake and his body hovered in the air with his telekinesis as he meditated. The red echidna was hanging off the log, his feet in the air above him while his face was planted in the ground. Rouge, Tails and the Ultimate Lifeform looked pretty normal with the young fox curled in a ball with his twin-tails surrounding him. Blaze had her chin on the log, the rest of her body lying on the floor; except for her right arm that draped around the broken tree beside her head. Amy was snuggled up next to her blue hero as his form curled slightly around her, his nose in her quills and an arm at her waist.

"Silver." Jayde whispered. The white hedgehog didn't move, but his ear flicked as though he heard something. The grey hedgehog frowned, lying on her stomach as her feet swung around above her. She picked some bark off the tree branch before sticking out her tongue and aiming it towards the meditating hedgehog. It tapped his head, getting caught in his quills.

Sliver opened an irritated eye, looking up at Jayde as she pointed down. He nodded and rolled his eyes towards her before using his telekinesis to moving his body up to the branch next to her.

Jayde glanced down at the red and black hedgehog, watching as his stomach rose and fell. His hands were beside his head, his limbs stretched out in random directions. Jayde chuckled again, catching the telekinesis hedgehog's attention.

He grinned, pulling out the small piece of tree bark, "You like Shadow."

The grey hedgehog almost fell out the tree, her hands clinging to the branch. "W-What?"

Silver pointed to the Ultimate Lifeform who turned in his sleep. Sonic's eyes slowly opened, coming face to face with pink fur. His eyes shot open, his whole body freezing as he stared down at the rose hedgehog beside him, snuggling into his fur. He was sure she was on the other side last night. The blue blur's ears perked up at the sound of voices, his eyes landing on Jayde and Silver.

Jayde's eyes glanced between Silver and Shadow, "Sure, I like him; he's my friend." She tried to play it off, but Silver wasn't fooled.

"No, you like, like Shadow."

Below, Sonic's eyes widened and he carefully removed himself from Amy's grip before shooting towards the two awake hedgehogs, landing on the branch beside Jayde, "You like Shadow?"

The female's muzzle tinted slightly, scratching the back of her head, "What? No! Guys, I've only just met all of you." She spoke, fiddling with her fingers.

The two male hedgehogs shared a grin before chuckling, "I think you do though." The speedster said, picking some pink fur from his arm.

"Whatever, guys, I can just say the same to you."Jayde smirked, sitting up against the tree trunk and closing her eyes. She put her hands behind her head, hiking up one of her knees.

"What do you mean?" Silver asked, still holding his meditating position.

"Just that you like Blaze and Sonic likes Amy." Jayde coughed slightly, opening one orbs to see the two males staring at her. Silver was about to respond to the grey hedgehog's obscure theory until a voice caused all their muzzles to redden.

"Who likes who?" It was Rouge's voice; of course she'd be listening.

"NO ONE!" they yelled, Sonic almost falling from the tree branch as Jayde grabbed his ankle.

Rouge chuckled, a smile smirk painting her face; they don't know I heard it all. Jayde's interest in Shadow was clear the day she met her. And Shadow couldn't have been far off. She knew what the ebony hedgehog was like - no one could've tricked him and got away with it. The sudden outburst had awoken up the others, each of them stretching in their place.

Tails rubbed his eyes, "Who's turn is it to find the next Shard?"

"It's Jayde and Shadow." Amy spoke up.

The grey hedgehog looked towards the blue hero who snickered, "Jayde would love that." She growled lowly before dropping him, making him land with his face in the dirt, "Ouch." He muttered, slumping against the ground.