35: Oh, Chaos...✔️

MUSIC: (Sonic Generations Version) Casino Night Act 1

Meanwhile with Shadow

The Ultimate Lifeform teleported into Eggman's base, arriving straight into the Doctor's control room where he sat, tapping at a computer screen, "I was wondering how long it would take you to arrive." He muttered, not looking away from his screen. Shadow scolded at the moustached man. The surroundings had projected information about the Seven Shards and even Jayde herself. This caught the Ultimate Lifeform's attention, along with a gleam from a sealed container.

Shadow glared at the Doctor, "Whatever you're doing, stop it. Or I'll stop you myself."

Eggman chuckled, glancing at his old hedgehog friend, "Shadow, it is too late to stop. The Ultimate Lifeform was too slow."

The hedgehog growled, clenching his fists, "What do you mean?"

Doctor Eggman stood from his seat and walked to a sealed container, grabbing the green Shard from its case, "Because I have already charged up my robots with this Shard, and now, nothing you can do will stop them."

"I'll stop them," Shadow snapped, "I'll destroy them all before they hurt Jayde."

Eggman grinned, "Ah, Jayde." He snickered, "She's quite the little hedgehog isn't she. I mean, she's the first Protector of the Seven Shards, she's got the Ultimate Lifeform's trust, she ran away after I attacked-"

"What do you mean, 'attacked'?"

"My, has she not told the Ultimate Lifeform yet?" Eggman asked, almost as if he was mocking Shadow's name. "There was a Chaos Emerald in her village and I went to get it. But that renegade took over one of my most powerful robots and out of anger; I sent a fleet of Badnik's to destroy that village." Eggman huffed a bit, "Unfortunately, they didn't do a very good job and were all destroyed. After that, I don't know why, but she ran and never returned. I've kept her on my radar ever since."

Shadow clenched his fists, glancing around and trying to piece everything together. Badnik's attack, Jayde ran away... her... brother! The Ultimate Lifeform gritted his teeth and shut his eyes as he came to that conclusion. But, the Doc couldn't have! He would never... Eggman may have wanted to rule the planet and build his own theme park, but he would never purposely kill someone. Especially not someone he didn't even know. How does Jayde not recognise the Doctor anyway - was she really that young?

"Anyway Shadow, it has been nice of you to drop in but now I'm afraid your welcome mat... has expired." Eggman grinned, "I've redesigned my base so that now not even your chaos control will invite you in!"

Shadow snapped at the Doctor, "I won't let you hurt Renee."

"That renegade is going down! She has too much power and I want it! Once I destroy her I'll have complete control over the Seven Shards and I will be able to rule this world." Eggman growled to the hedgehog before his finger hit a few security buttons, "And once she comes to my base, she'll be trapped! Come to your senses, Shadow, join me and we can rule over the world just as Maria wanted."

The hedgehog growled, "That's not what she wanted at all! I promised Maria to protect this planet and I intend on doing so. I will not lose Jayde's trust for you."

"I see you've made your decision. Goodbye, for now, Ultimate Lifeform." The Doctor laughed before Shadow was sealed in a large container and flung up from the ground and into the outside world.

The Next Day

The red and black hedgehog frowned, looking around the forest before he zipped towards the twin-tailed fox's workshop, bursting through the door. Everyone was asleep until the loud slam woke them. A groan left the blue hero as Shadow gripped his shoulders, glaring at the half asleep hog, "Where's Jayde?" he asked, shaking Sonic awake. The male hedgehog had to know where Jayde was in order to protect her. He also wanted to know if she remembered the Doctor from her childhood.