14: Spider Fight ✔️

MUSIC: (Sonic Generations Version) Mushroom Hill: Act 2 (Modern) (Sonic & Knuckles)

The Next Day

Amy Rose hopped beside her cerulean hero, the blue blur trying to ignore the cerise hedgehog. The two-tailed fox walked ahead of the two hedgehogs, following his device to the next Shard. Tails was determined to help his friends, not just be on the sidelines for support. His sea coloured eyes watched the radar on his machine before it started to beep.

"We're closing in on the Shard." Tail spoke, turning to raise his eyebrow. He saw Amy trying to pull a leaf from Sonic's quills, but his face was in a small scold, flapping her away.

"Sonic! Let me get that leaf!" Amy yelled, preparing to unleash her almighty mallet on her blue hero. Sonic muttered a few words, looking towards his sidekick who chuckled at them. The pink hedgehog pressed the blue hedgehog's head down, making him complain in protest before yanking the leaf from his quills. She huffed before flicking it towards him, causing his hands to flick about.

Tails rolled his eyes at them, looking back on his machine to see the Shard moving around. "Wait, what?" he asked himself, fiddling with a few buttons on the device. Sonic rushed to his side, looking down at the screen.

"What is it, buddy?"

"The Shard is moving around! I thought it just sat on a pedestal?" Tails frowned, smacking his device until a small squeal erupted behind them.

"S-Sonic? I think I found out why the Shard is moving." The female hedgehog stuttered. The boys turned, eyes widening as they saw an overlarge wolf growling at them.

"Who are you and why are you here?" it growled, stalking towards them. Amy ran and hide behind her blue hero, his fists clenched slightly, preparing for an attack.

"I'm Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog. And we're here for the Shard." Sonic grinned, pointing to the bright orb on its head, illuminating the wolf's fur.

"Why do you seek it?"

Tails stepped forward, his fingers tightening around the gadget in fear, "We want it to defeat Dr. Eggman. He's an evil genius who wants to take over this world."

"How do I know you are not lying?" The wolf hissed, preparing to pounce.

"Believe it or not, that's your choice, but we are still getting that Shard!" Sonic muttered. The wolf's ears prick up at this, before he jumped up, slamming his paws on the ground beneath him. The three looked below their feet, the ground breaking under their shoes.

"You must prove yourself!" The wolf growled. The ground broke completely, leaving Amy, Tails and Sonic to fall straight down and into the gloomy hole. The three yelled loudly, their shouts echoing around the dark opening. The rose hedgehog clung to her blue hero as Tails grabbed Sonic's hand to break his hedgehog friend's fall.

Tails dropped the hedgehogs when he reached the ground, switching on a torch from the device before florescent moss lit up the area, making the three gasp. "Isn't this so romantic, Sonic?" Amy giggled, clutching her hands by her muzzle. Sonic groaned quietly, face palming.

"We seem to have landed in some kind of ancient temple." The young fox concluded, "These markings are in Latin and seem to be key to our way out."

"Can you read Latin, Tails?" Sonic asked, placing a hand on his hip, tapping on his foot.

Tails sighed, "No, I left my translator at home."

"What about Jayde or Knuckles?" Amy suggested, "Can't they read ancient languages like these?" Tails' eyes widened, flicking his fingers.

"If I can make contact with them, we could get out of here." The two-tailed fox fiddled with his communication device before huffing, "We've lost connection in this specific area."

Sonic's ear flicked before he jumped and turned around, his eyes widening, "Yeah and we're not alone either guys."

Amy and Tails looked to were Sonic stood, their jaws dropping as they come face to face with, "A s-s-s-spider!" Amy squealed, raising her hammer in front of her. The spider screeched, leaping forward, Sonic jumping back before the giant pincers struck him.

Tails looked around frantically, "There!" he pointed to a gap in the wall. All three of them ran towards the crack before diving in. The fox's communicator became green as they ran underneath the spider before flashing red again, "Oh, no."

"Tails, what's wrong?" Amy asked, ducking as one of the spider legs crashed through.

"Well, whatever that spider is made of is what can help us communicate to Jayde." Tails muttered, fiddling around with his Emerald Hunter. It bleeped loudly and he groaned, "It's swallowed a Chaos Emerald!"

"What- how?" Sonic asked before huffing, tapping the toes of his shoes on the ground again, "Fine, I'll destroy it. Amy, you helping?" the pink hedgehog looked to her blue hero and back to the giant spider before nodding, gulping down her fears.

They rushed out the gap, leaving Tails to mess around with his device. Amy ran towards the spider, swinging her hammer around and knocking one of its legs. The giant insect screeched before turning towards Amy, giving the speedster time to spin dash, crashing into its back. The spider swung its legs around, knocking the pink hedgehog off guard, her hammer flying from her hands. She growled, another hammer appearing from her palms, "No one hits the hammer except me!" she snapped, running under the insect, swinging her hammer up into its stomach.

"Nice one, Ames." Sonic grinned before rolling into a ball again, racing around the spider's feet. The giant insect hissed before shooting some web towards the blue hero.

"Sonic!" Amy cried out, but it was too late. Sonic was slammed against the wall, the web trapping him. His arms tensed as he groaned, trying to escape the trap, but the web was tougher than he thought. Amy glared at the spider, twirling her hammer around, her feet rising from the ground before smacking the spider around the pinchers. Amy continued to fight the insect, leaving Sonic to struggle in the web.

Tails scanned the spider with his upgraded mechanism, trying to find out where the Chaos Emerald was. "Amy! Go for the head!" Tails yelled to her before clambering out the gap towards Sonic.

"Get me outta here!" Sonic growled in annoyance, his feet waving around. Tails flew over to his buddy, using his twin tails to slice through the web. "Thanks, Tails." He grinned before spin dashing towards the spider. Amy had been doing a pretty good job by herself. Each time she swung her hammer it was a hit, and now the insect was almost destroyed. Sonic jumped high before crashing down on the spider, one final screech erupting from it before it exploded, gunk flying around, covering the three.

"Ew, gross." Amy squealed, brushing a hand through her quills.

"I've got the Chaos Emerald!" the speedster yelled, diving out from the dust. He shook his quills off, causing the pink hedgehog to cover her face and glare at the blue hero. A bright green Chaos Emerald was passed to the young fox, allowing him to connect his communicator.