Chapter 7

I was wearing my leather dress again with nothing underneath as I waited for Emma to arrive. I sat in a chair in the hallway, waiting till the doorbell rang. I smirked and got up, opening the door for Emma who quickly got inside and closed the door, pushing me up against it. I purred and looked into the woman's eyes.
"Can't wait, can you, Miss Swan." I barely got her name over my lips before she slid hers over mine and kissed me deeply. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and slid a hand into the ponytail she was sporting. I grabbed it and pulled her head back with a smirk. "I like it Miss Swan. Keep the ponytail." I purred and leaned in to kiss her neck, grazing my teeth lightly over the skin. She moaned in approval before pulling back and pinning my hands against the door.
"You made me lie to Hook."
"You didn't seem to have any problems with it, Miss Swan." I grinned and looked into her eyes. "Why are you still with him Emma?" I asked and she looked at me, trying to find an answer. Her mouth opened several times but nothing came out. She sighed and looked down.
"I don't know..." She pushed off of the door and rubbed her face with her hand.

"You don't seem to be too heartbroken over Robin." She looked at me and I sighed.
"Well, if there is one thing I've learned is that I never get what I want anyway. I learned to deal with the disappointment." I moved away from the door and went to the kitchen. I could tell we weren't going to get anywhere near the playroom so I went to grab some wine instead. Emma followed me slowly and leaned against the doorframe, her arms crossed.
"So you forget about him just like that?" She asked and I turned to her.
"It's not like I forgot about him Emma. I'm just not going to let my happiness depend on some guy who is supposed to be the 'chosen one' because of some pixiedust." I groaned and Emma chuckled. "What's so funny?" I asked and put my hands on my hips.
"Nothing, it's just that when you say it like that and flail your hands around, it's kinda funny seeing you like that." She smiled and I couldn't help but chuckle.
"Well, I'm glad to entertain I guess." I grabbed the bottle of wine and opened it. I poured two glasses and moved to hand one to Emma.

"I thought no alcohol." Emma looked at it and I chuckled.
"You seem to have a lot on your mind, other than what goes on in that room." I brushed past her and took the bottle with me to the living room. I went to sit down and Emma sat next to me.
"Do you think I should talk to him?" The blonde asked and I frowned.
"Does a bear shit in the woods... Yes you should talk to him." I sipped my drink and Emma did the same.
"What do I tell him though."
"Well, I suggest leaving our playtime out of it for starters. I don't want Captain Guyliner on my doorstep yelling at me that I stole his woman, because I did nothing of the sort." I sipped my drink and Emma chuckled.
"What makes you say that?"
"He never had you to begin with." I looked at her and leaned back. "You treat him like a brother... Even if you kiss him."
"He's just..." Emma sighed. "When I'm with him, I don't feel anything..." She pulled her legs up to her chest and groaned. "It's like dating a table, it's useful when you need it but otherwise just stands around." I sputtered my drink as the woman compared the man to a table.
"Oh my... Emma, that's terrible!" I laughed heartily and set my drink aside, not being able to contain my laughter. "Captain tabletop at your service." I held onto my stomach and laughed more.

Eventually my laughter died down and I looked at Emma, wiping away my tears. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have laughed but..." I watched her look at me and she was smiling brightly.

"I don't think I've ever seen you laugh like that; Regina." She said softly and bit her lip. "It's cute, I like it." I blushed at her words.
"Well, that's one thing I haven't been called before." I murmured.
"Regina..." Emma moved closer and sat on her knees next to me. "I think you're more than just cute though." She added and looked into my eyes. "I've always known that there is way more to you than what you show us, and last week only added to that." A small smirk appeared on her lips. "I guess I've always known that I liked you, even when we were at each others' throats."
"What are you getting at Miss Swan?"
"I suppose this is me telling you that I've always liked you. I never felt this way with Hook and I don't think I ever will. I was jealous as all hell seeing you with Robin, I wanted what you two had but..."
"It looked better than it was though."
"What do you mean?" Emma frowned a little.
"What I'm saying is... Is that whatever we had was nice in that moment, but it wasn't real. It didn't feel real... It felt like stolen moments from something that should have happened years ago but didn't. I made my choice back then and I should have made it this time too. Now the only thing I am is hurt, again." I looked at Emma and bit my lip. "I have many wounds and life just keeps rubbing salt in them."
"Then perhaps I should lick them and help them heal." Emma whispered and leaned in, kissing me softly. I melted into the kiss and slowly wrapped my arms around her. If fate would let me, I will hold onto her with all my might and not let go... Ever.