Sterek ~ Little Game

I'm really happy with this one. I was inspired by Little Game by Benny. (Great song) I think it could have a better ending, but I had no idea how to finish it, but  it's stil good (at least I think...)

Anyways, here it is, hope you all like it!

sorry for any grammar mistakes

Laying down on the bed, he thought. It's been five years and he still haven't talked to him about his past, about his father. If he can really call him that. After their argument, they both changed, he thought he found out what, or who, he was, but his father told him otherwise.

"Good morning beauty." The grumpy voice under the blankets greets him.

"Good morning. Breakfast is ready, and Scott called, he wants to talk to you about something." Stiles gently lays on his boyfriend and kisses his neck. He leaves quick pecks and stands back up.

"Thank you. I love you." It's been five years since Stiles came out to the pack and it's been five years since Derek came rushing through his window, later that same night. They took it slow, they hid it to their friends, but not for long, after Liam surprised them in a compromising position, in Derek's loft. They then had to call a pack night and told them, everything.

Or almost. Stiles still kept something secret, his biggest secret. The one he thought he would take to his grave with him, but he can't keep it from the love of his life. They went through everything together, not one time has one of them not been there. You couldn't see one without the other.

"Is something wrong, Stiles?" Derek stood beside him and wrapped a protective arm around his waist. This gesture has always felt like heaven for Stiles, he felt at his place, loved and protected from any problem.

"I have to talk to you.." He takes a breath, sits on the end of the bed and pats the place beside him for Derek. They sit in silence for a couple of seconds, their hands locked on Stiles' lap.

"You know how I never talk about my father?" His boyfriend softly nods. "Well, I.. uhm.. There is a reason and.. I-"

"If you're not ready to tell me, you don't have to." Derek caresses his cheek, as Stiles' words come dry, out of his throat.

"No, I'm ready, I just don't know where to start."

"How about the beginning?" A kiss was gently pressed on Stiles' forehead before he started his explanation.

"I just turned twelve, like two months before, and I was wondering. I didn't know who I really was, what I wanted and I, even at that young age, thought I was no good. I had no point in life and I didn't need to be alive. My father was the only parent I had at that time, and he wasn't really present, or when he was, he would get drunk and yell at me, saying mean things. I'm the reason my mother died, that she's gone because of me, they should have never had me. I was a waste of life, a nothing. I attempt suicide, but it didn't work.. I woke up a few hours after, fresh cuts colouring both my forearm and wrists. I remember sighing and getting up to get myself tissues. I, not so carefully, placed it on and the blood instantly drenched it. I walk out of the house, my shirt was full of blood, and so were my pants. People were swinging around in my direction when they understood it really was blood all over me. The streets weren't packed, but the rare couples, taking their night walks, or the ones coming home from work, some of them came close to talk to me, but decided otherwise and walked away. I didn't really care, all I wanted was to get to the hospital. I finally made it to the door, when an old woman yelled when she saw me, alarming all the nurses. They came rushing to me, asking weird questions and asking where my parents, if I had been in an accident or someone attacked me."

*10 years ago*

"I know him." A woman yells behind all of the nurses surrounding me.

She pushes past them and kneels beside me. "Hello, Stiles." She gives me a big smile and I look down.

"You don't remember me, do you?" I nod negatively and she calls out her colleagues to bring her a bed. I always wanted to have one of those rolling beds, I could almost feel like in a ship, driving through the galaxy, far from here. Where I might belong.

"My name is Melissa. I was a friend of your mother. When you were younger, you used to play with my son in the park, all the time. I'm gonna take care of you, okay?" I nod and the bed moves from a hallway to another, slowly making its way to a room I would leave only months after.

*Back to present*

"And? What happened after?" The couple was now eating their breakfast, as Stiles kept telling his story,

"I stayed in that room for.. six months.. or maybe seven. I'm not sure. I got used to the nurses coming almost every hours, checking if I had everything I needed and if I wanted something to eat. They spoiled me more than my actual father did. That's also when everything became better, when things changed from hell to a little less like hell. There was this boy, in the room beside mine, and we talked every day. We became best friends in less than a day, and you never ever saw us separated, only when we had to sleep, we would go to our own rooms. He quickly became the only important thing in my life, my father didn't care about me and I had no one else. Our relation grew to the point that I didn't know what were really my feelings for him. I wanted to tell him, you don't know how much I wanted to tell him. But there was this thing that kept me from telling him, for so more than half of my stay at the hospital, I kept it inside me. A couple of days before he left, he told me he really was going to miss me, and I kissed him. He kissed back, and there it was, the feeling. The same I felt when I fell unconscious while cutting my wrists in the bathroom, months back. Then he left me, he had recovered from whatever he had, and was now going home."

"Who was it? What happened to him?" Derek's green eyes filled with questions, he wanted answers.

"His name was Theo. Theo Raeken. I think him and his family moved out of the city, I never saw him again. His said he was going to come visit me, but I waited every day beside my window, and he never came.."

"I'm sorry, baby.. It's.."

"I'm fine," Stiles wipes a tear from falling, and continue on. "I had all time to think, back then. I talked with Melissa about my feelings, and she promised not to tell my father. She explained to me it was love. I told her about our kiss, leaving the 'feeling' out, and she smiled at me. I asked her what I was and she laughed. I wasn't something, I was me. the same old Stiles, she explained to me what was homosexuality, and it automatically connected the dots for me. All the things I felt, all this time, but my biggest realisation was that my father would never accept me, me as I was. As I am." A single tear rolled past the freckled face boy, it slided down to his jaw.

The older of the two's hand wiped it off, and gave the other a weak smile.

"It would have been his lost."

"It was mine. I knew I had already lost my father when my mother died, but a year after I came out of the hospital, I told him. I poured my heart out to him and he tuck it down the trash. At that time, I was thirteen, almost fourteen. He kicked me out of the house, he gave me twenty minutes to pack everything I had and leave the house. I didn't cry, I didn't want him to think I was weak, but I knew, deep down that I was. I was only a weak human who didn't deserve to live. So I packed. In less than twenty minutes I was out, pulling bags and bags full with my things. I walked to a public phone, and called Melissa. She accepted to come get me and take me to her home. She always said that if I had any type of problems I could call her. Her and Scott took me under their wings for four years, Until I met you." They looked at each other, love pouring out of their gaze.

"This is.. I wasn't waiting for this." Derek says, taking the two of them back to their bed.

"So was I.." Stiles gives him a weak smile, holding on his boyfriend's arms, like it is the only thing that could secure him from his old nightmares.

Hope you liked it, leave a comment and vote. I'm trying something new, so I'll update when this one-shot has 10 votes.