Chapter 12

(Your POV)

I woke up with the ground below me moving at a steady pace of up and down. I was confused at first until I looked up to see a chin that could only belong to mark. I placed my head in my hands to hide my blush that had overtaken my face at this point, how could I fallen asleep on him? Gosh I'm so embarrassed.

After sitting there for a few more minutes, I was finally able to calm down to start thinking about what to do. I wasn't sure, should I slide off him and hope to reach the couch edge and climb off from there? Well, if i didn't want to possibility of being crushed, I should just wait for Mark to wake up or I could wake him up but I would rather not create another awkward situation.

Before I could even think of another solution, the ground below me started to shift. I started praying he wasn't going to turn but he started to sit up which was the exact opposite of what I expected would happen. I started to loose balance and tumble downwards thanks to gravity. I was dazed at first but my instincts kicked in and I grabbed onto one of the strings on Mark's sweater that he was wearing.

(Mark's POV)

I groggily sat up from my sleeping position on the couch and stretched. Jeez, why did I think it would be a good idea to sleep on the couch' I thought to myself until an overbearing feeling of dread took over me. I quickly looked down to see where (Y/N) might've tumbled only to see them hanging of my sweater's string. Right when I saw them they had lost their grab and out of instinct I quickly got them with my hand and lifted them up so I could look at them eye to eye. Oh gosh, I really hope I didn't hurt them.

(Your POV)

I didn't have the most sturdy grip since I just woke up but hopefully Mark will hear me or remember i was on his chest. I was about to yell up at him until he suddenly looked down at me, startling me, and made me let go of the string. My stomach leaped into my throat as I started free falling until I was caught by a soft surface and darkness had surrounded me. I quickly realised I was in Mark's fist and let out a sigh in relieve. I could feel him bring his hand up and then his fingers lifted slowly, allowing me to see mark's guilty face. Before I could say anything he started to apologize.

"I am so sorry! Did I hurt you/ I didn't mean to I swear, I should've payed more attention when I woke up and..." He kept rambling on apologies until I lifted my hands up and he immediately stopped.

"Hey, It's ok, see I'm fine! I get it, you didn't mean too, nothing bad really happened to me, I'm just a little shaken up, just next time I fall asleep on you, don't be afraid to wake me up alright?" I gave a soft chuckle to calm his nerves. Of course I acted like it was no biggy but inside my heart was pounding and I felt like i might pass out from shock.

I could tell he felt a lot better which helped me calm my nerves down as well. He looked over to the clock and saw it was 8:20.

"Hey, do you want to eat something really quick and get ready so we can pick up Jack or would you rather wait here and I'll go get Jack with Tyler." he asked me. I pondered on the question for a few moments before saying "Sure!" He smiled and walked to the kitchen. I wanted to stay home and relax after that nerve racking experience but I was to excited to meet meet another one of my friends. I wonder how it will go...

(Looks like you're going to be meeting Jack in the next chapter! How exciting, I wonder how he acts around humans... )