Chapter 22

The next morning I got up and started getting ready. I obviously hadn't forgotten the conversation I heard last night and planned on asking Jack or Mark what they were talking about. I deserved to know if they were trying to keep this person away from me, I need to be prepared if this person is dangerous.

I finished getting ready and walked out of the room, expecting to see Jack still sleeping but he surprisingly wasn't there. In fact the bed looked untouched as it was nice and folded which Jack never did in the morning while I was here. 'That's a little... odd.' I thought but shrugged it off and decided to find where Jack was.

I made my way down to the floor and walked out of the room. I checked the kitchen first to see if he was making himself breakfast and it was also the closest room near mine. He wasn't in the kitchen and after checking the dining room, which was empty, I went towards the living room.

I saw jack sleeping on the couch in there. You'd think if someone was possibly coming after me that it would make sense to have at least someone sleeping in there. So why was Jack sleeping out here? In matter of fact, where was Mark? I knew everyone else had went back to their own L.A homes but Mark was the one who owned this house. He was probably still sleeping which wasn't normal for him but hey, we did just go to PAX. I'm surprised I'm even up at 9am considering how draining the con was. That's probably why jack is sleeping out here as well, must've been playing a game and fell asleep.

'I guess I'll just call Mark to see if he was still here' I thought to myself, reaching into a pocket to realize it was empty. I groaned in realization that I must've left it in my room. For a tiny in a giant's house, I really need to stop doing that. I knew my options were either to walk back to the room, which would take 20 minutes from where I was right now or to wake up jack and ask him to bring me to the room. I would feel really bad for waking him up but walking back the literal mile for me felt undesirable.

'Sorry Jack.' I thought as I decided to try to wake him up. I look up the couch trying to determine the best and safest way to climb up. I saw the blanket jack was snuggled up in was drooping onto the floor and decided to use that to climb up since if I were to fall, it would be softer than the hardwood floor. I climbed my way up the blanket and the moment I made it onto the couch I collapsed and took a few moments to collect my breath after climbing up.

'Jeez if i'm going to be coming to the human areas more often then I need to know all the stuff I can use to make this easier. I knew there were tiny accessibilities built into furnitures as it was required by law but I didn't know how to access them yet so I was just stuck climbing up in different, harder ways.

I made my way over to Jack's face and booped him on the nose to see if I could get him awake that way. Nothing happened so I pressed his nose again. His eyes instantly snapped open and a hand wrapped around my waist. I gasped in shock from the hand. I looked at him in fear as I noticed his eyes were shining a bright green unlike their original ocean blue "Jack?" a asked in fear.

(Mark's POV 9:50am)

"Jack, I really have to go out and get Chica some more dog food. I called Ethan and

Tyler to come, they should get here in 60 minutes, do you think you can hold him back for that long?" I asked Jack worryingly. Jack's condition was only getting worse, he could barely stand without getting nauseous and dizzy and he was constantly groaning in pain. I made him lay on the couch in case Anti escaped so he wouldn't know of (Y/n)'s existence the moment he woke up.

"Yeah, I think I can hold him back for that long." He stuttered in pain. I placed a blanket over him.

"Try to sleep, it'll make it harder for him to escape. Well, at least I hope so." I told him.

"If I fall asleep then he'll have full control the moment I wake up!" He grunted before holding his chest in pain.

"Well, I know you'll sleep longer than an hour. It would be safer. If you keep fighting, he'll just escape sooner than we need him to which which will attract you know who." I said. As much as I wanted him to keep fighting, I knew Anti would come out eventually just by how hard he's fighting. I didn't want to see my friend suffer any longer but at the same time I didn't want Anti to get to (Y/n). They would be hopeless against him even though I didn't want to think like that, I knew it was true.

I looked over a Jack who decided he would try to sleep to keep Anti at bay until Tyler and Ethan were able to come and keep Anti from harming anyone. I knew I should've made (Y/n) stay over with Ethan or Tyler or even Amy! But I was to stubborn to think Jack would win over Anti and now I risked (Y/n)'s safety. I didn't want to leave but Chica hadn't eaten since 5 yesterday and I'm sure I would get back even before Tyler and Ethan would get here but I couldn't risk it knowing L.A traffic.

I looked back at Jack one more time before leaving with Chica...