Chapter 17

(Your POV)

My breath was swept away from the unexpected grasp around my entire body. I was to shocked to even scream, what would happen to me if this was some robber? No one would know what had happened to me and I'd probably would never see home or my friends again.

(Mark's POV)

After we all arrived home after our day out, the stars were out and everyone was getting ready to sleep. I had gotten into my pajamas before sitting down at my computer to finish some thumbnails for tomorrow. A few hours passed before I felt parched , I entered the the kitchen groggily since it was at least 1am, man I really need to keep track of time. I bumped into various furniture before entering the kitchen and reaching into the cupboards for a cup. After shuffling through the cups, I picked a plastic one and closed the cupboards with a quiet thump to prevent waking anyone up. I filled my cup with ice and water and drank a few sips. Feeling hot, I opened the kitchen window and drank my water in the kitchen. After finishing, I went to my room to sleep but realized I left the window open in the kitchen. I grumbled and got out of bed to close the kitchen window.

I slowly made my way to the kitchen, watching my feet until I saw a small figure ahead of me and my full body went in full alert. Without thinking, I quickly swooped my hand under the figure, who I knew was (Y/n) within my hands. I walked towards my room and sat down at my computer desk. My heart was racing at the thought of what would've happened if I wasn't looking at the ground, I could've hurt (Y/n) without even knowing! I cautiously opened my hand above (Y/n) to see them physically shaking with tears in their eyes. I instantly felt guilty realizing (Y/n) didn't have an idea of what was going on. I quietly spoke their name to get them out of their panicked state.

(Your POV)

I heard my name being called out in a muffled voice until it cleared up and I could easily tell it was Mark's voice. I shook my head to get out of my shock ridden state and quickly wiped the tears that were streaming down my face. I looked up at Mark who had guilt written throughout his face.

"I'm sorry for scaring you so much, I was just filled with fear when I saw you on the floor. If I hadn't been looking at the ground, I could've hurt you and my instincts kicked in. What were you doing out there anyways?" He asked, using his finger to stabilise my shaken form.

"Well, I heard thumps and bangs throughout the kitchen and feared that we were getting robbed!" I chuckled before continuing. " That's when I entered the kitchen and saw the window open before I was swept off my feet. I understand why you picked me up so fast but a little warning next time." I told him, taking a seat on his desk while trying to steady my breathing pattern.

" You could've woken up Jack though to check instead of getting yourself in danger. I'd hate to see you get hurt." He told me.

" But I could've easily done it myself without disturbing anyone from their sleep, I am.." before I could continue, Mark interrupted me.

"Maybe if you were the same size as up I wouldn't have minded but not to be rude but your small, and could easily be hurt or taken away, I understand it's probably insanely hard to rely on other for help for the simplest things, and I know Jack is not making it easier since he can be overprotective but you have to understand you could easily get hurt and that's the last thing any of us would want to happen to you." He scolded.

I looked down knowing it was the truth. It has been difficult to adjust to a world I don't belong in and I hated the feeling of being to dependable. Though I wasn't angry with what Mark said, he was just looking out for me. I let out a chuckle " Jack can be a little overprotective." Mark chuckled as well.

"Of course he is."

Mark and I talked more before we decided to watch som videos on Youtube to the point that I dozed off.

(No robbers, just a protective Mark! Also sorry for that long hiatus, but now I'm back and rolling with ideas for both of my stories so more chapters in the very distant future!!!)