A Little Backstory

After the tests, Cisco took us outside to test our speed. Barry and I got into these weirdly tight speed suits. Mine was purple and Barry's was red. Cisco hooked up some scientific devices to us and told us to run as fast as we could. We went dashing off.

My hair was blowing in the wind. I looked behind me and saw I had purple lightning following me. I then looked at Barry who was starting to frown. Then I saw him crash into some cones ahead. I then started to see the night my mom died.

Flashback:

It was a beautiful night and we were walking to the movie theater. I was so excited to see this movie. We decided to stop for pizza at Pizzaro's Pizzeria. We walked inside and found that a robbery was going on. I reached down to my boot and pulled out my pocket knife. My mom silently reached into her purse and grabbed her pocket knife.

"Hey! "Mom yelled, while the robber turned around."If you are gonna rob this place your gonna have to go through me."

The robber turned around and pointed his gun at me. Frightened, I flipped my knife open and pointed it at him. Mom put herself in front of me and pointed her knife at him.

"Don't threaten my daughter ever again! Give Mr. Pizzaro his money now!" She screamed.

"Why not I just shoot you instead?" He asked, pulling the trigger.

If I had my speed then, I would have saved her, but I didn't. It was like it was in slow motion. Everyone was hiding under the tables. The bullet flying through the air very fast. Mr. Pizzaro reaching for the money from the robber. Me poking my head to see what was happening. Then the bullet hit her in the heart. Her body collapsed onto my arms. The robber still pointed the gun at me and cocked the gun again. I ran up to him and pointed my knife to his neck.

"Now! You've killed the only person in my life! Put the money down and surrender!" I screamed in his face.

Mr. Pizzaro called the police and helped me tie up his hands behind his back. I returned to Mom and teared up. I held her body and cried. The police showed up and took the robber away and put Mom into a body bag. Mr. Pizzaro gave me a hug and put me to bed.

End of Flashback.

I then ran into some cones and was in some searing pain. I broke my arm and leg and knew it would be a while until I recovered. Cisco and Catalina ran up to me and helped me hobble back to STAR Labs.