Little Jay

"I love you too." He smiled.

We walked away and I found myself feeling happier than I've been in a long time. All I needed was to let go. I couldn't keep up with everything. I got to find Destiny again. I found my dad. All three of us have superpowers. There was just something missing.

"Dad?" I began. His face looked down at me."Do you have any siblings?"

He let go and just kept walking. I looked down and for a brief moment I saw him run. I turned to follow him, but found myself lost. Where did he lead me to?

"Hello? Barry?" I called out.

I looked around and saw a box sitting under a light. I looked down and saw the cutest Black and white puppy ever. He was sleeping so I looked down at the paper attached to the side. It read:

Puppy for Free!
Name: Jay
Breed: Border Collie, German Shepard Mix
Favorite Food: Meat.
Please take good care of him!

I picked up the little guy and woke him up. He whimpered a little and stared straight into my eyes. I didn't know it at the time, but he became my best friend at that moment. I rubbed his head and he licked my nose. I picked up the little toy sheep in the box and gave it a squeeze. It made a noise and Jay liked it.

Then I saw Barry run back to me again. He looked down at Jay and smiled, nodding his head as if he knew I'd want to keep Jay. He grabbed my hand and grabbed hold of Jay. He whisked us off and to the apartment we went.

"Thanks for letting us keep him." I smiled as we entered the apartment.

"No problem. Close your eyes." He said putting Jay down.