The Box

I took the present in my hands and instantly ripped it off. I opened to find a box. I opened the box ad found a shoebox.

"Really the box inside of the box trick. Lamest and cruelest trick ever." I rolled my eyes.

I opened the shoebox and mom's things. I left these in Jitters in the same hole I hid my Walkman. I picked each of them up. Her music box, her tiny blanket, her favorite bracelet, my grandmother's wedding ring, my grandfather's book (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them), my mom's friend/my aunt's 13 reasons why she committed herself after I turned 2, and more money. I smiled and lifted everything up. Grandpa Newt always called it my box of treasures. I filled it with stuff of my mom and things that she loved.

I always wanted to hear the tapes of why Aunt Hannah died so early, I read Grandpa Newt's book over and over, I would sometimes wear my grandmother' wedding ring and pretend I was married, I listened to the music box at night, I slept with her blanket, and I never dared to touch mom's favorite bracelet. I looked inside the book and found in the last page there was another page added in.

Beast: Barry Allen
Breed: Human
Bred by: Nora and Henry Allen
Physical features: Handsome face, brown eyes, dashing smile, skinny,
Intelligence level: Highly Intelligent
Character: Smart, Kind, Loving, Talented, Believer, and Dashing
Flaws: Strength and Likes to get Drunk at parties
Deal breaker: Still is in love with Iris and doesn't know what happened

I smiled. Mom wrote this. She made him a Fantastic Beast. I picked up a pen and added something into his character.

Superhero, Dad

I put it down and picked up a folder on the bottom. Probably another note from mom. It wasn't. It was something that made me cry a little bit. It was adoption papers. Barry wanted me. I cried more. I put the box off my lap and hugged Barry. His strong arms wrapped around my body. I nuzzled into him a little and cried more. My dad. I looked over at Grandpa Newt's book and let go. I grabbed the book and opened the page Mom wrote in.

"Mom and I both think you are pretty great." I smiled, handing him the book. He looked at it a bit and smiled.

"It's wonderful. However have you seen my abs." He smirked.

"Thanks, Dad." I smiled at him.