Shopping

The next day.

I woke up and smiled. Barry came in and handed me a twenty one pilots t shirt, some brown leather boots, and a pair of light blue jeans. I shooed him out and got dressed.

As I put on my jacket in the mirror, I teared up a little bit. This jacket belongs to the two people I love. Well I thought I loved my dad. Barry had been so kind to me, but he still thought about giving me up for adoption.

After staring for a while, Barry walked in and stared at me for a second. He smiled and picked me up. I smiled back and tried to get down as he threw me on the couch.

"What's wrong kiddo?" He asked.

"Nothing. You just caught me at the wrong time." I replied.

"Okay. You ready to go."

"Yah." I grabbed his hand and walked out of the cozy apartment. 

As we got in the car, I turned on the radio and started to jam out to the song 'Sit Still, Look Pretty'. As soon as it got to the chorus, the station was changed and Barry was smiling hugely. I rolled my eyes.

"Barry? Are you still wanting to give me up?" I asked.

"Why would I? You are my partner in crime fighting and my daughter. Plus we are literally moving you into my apartment."

"You make some good points. Looks like we are here." I said unbuckling my seatbelt.

We walked inside and started to shop around. We hit JCPenny's, Macy's, Justice, HotTopic, Claire's, American Furniture Store, and finally the food court. I wanted to go and get some emergency period items.

"Barry, I'm gonna go to the ladies department. Do you just want to meet here?" I asked. He nodded and handed me some money.

As I left, I turned around and saw him pull out his phone. I hid behind a pole and peeked my head slightly around so I could see him. Then all the sudden someone came up to me and blew an air horn as a prank. I hit the floor and held my ears that were slightly bleeding. Then I could hear everything. The people downstairs, the footsteps in seven stores down, the honking cars outside, the carts rolling around, the beep noises when something is being scanned. All the noises were coming to me like they were right next to me. I heard Barry's phone beeping. By the sound of the text tones it sounded like Cisco's phone number. I stood up and pressed my ear to the column. I heard Barry talking to Cisco.

B-Barry C- Cisco

B-Cisco, I don't know what to do. Blake is sweet, but I don't know if I can be a dad. She seems really nice, but something about her isn't like the woman I fell in love with all those years ago.

C- Blake spent 4 years alone and finally got the guts to even try to find you. Talk to her. Plus do you really want to ditch her now. You hardly know her and don't know if she comes with baggage.

At that moment, my head started swirling around and I saw images of the trouble I had gotten into in the last 4 years. I then returned to the conversation.

B- That's what I'm afraid of. I don't know if she is like a psycho or something.

C- I did a background check. She is not a psycho. I'm looking at her file right now. She's just a normal 16 year old girl who now has super powers. I don't think she has super hearing, but if she does would she be listening to us right now?

B- She asked if I still wanted to give her up and I reassured her otherwise, but I can't promise her anything. I got to go find her. Talk to you later.

He hung up, as I rushed over to the store, picked up my favorite items, and paid the front desk. I walked over to where Barry was and smiled. I just heard him say how he wants to give me up and I just had to pretend that didn't happen. I didn't want him to know I had super hearing. We then ran to the car to go home.