I'm already hot. The sun isn't helping.

"Trey Crestwell! Open this door right this instant!" A woman's voice demanded after a loud bang, at what I assumed was the front door.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"I guess you're about to meet mother sooner rather than later.  She's so persistent," he said with an annoyed and affectionate voice.

"Son!  I'm already hot, the sun's not helping!" A masculine booming voice sounded yet again followed by a loud banging sound.

"Better go let them in.  Dad might break my door down again," he sighed and got off me.  He helped me up and held my hand as we walked to the door.

"I'm scared," I hissed at him.  He stopped and smiled at me.

"Don't be.  They already adore you.  If you'd been butt ugly and fat they'd still like you," he comforted. My uncertainty must have shown through because he pulled me flush to his side and slid his hand around my waist.  The gesture was strangely comforting.

"Trey!" his mother screamed again.

"I'm coming mother, no need to barge in yet again."  I smiled and stood behind the door as Trey moved to open it.  He sent me a grin and a wink before he opened the door.

"Where is she? I want to see her.  It's hardly fair to keep her from us Trey," a woman looking like she was only in her early thirties chastised him.  She had blonde hair and light grey eyes.  She looked all over and when her eyes finally settled on me she beamed and all but ran to me, enveloping me in a bone crushing hug. 

"Oh dear, what's your name? I'm so excited to meet you, and you're so beautiful!  Has Trey been polite and nice to you? You tell me if he misbehaves okay.  Oh and my name's Susanna but feel free to call me mom okay?" she said while holding both of my hands and fussing over me like she was in truth my mother already.

"Thank you, I'm Jayde and he's been really nice so far," I answered with a sheepish smile.

"Where's my daughter at?" a booming voice asked before an imposingly large man walked through the doorway.  He was shorter than Trey but he was also broader and thicker.  He hand ink black hair and ice blue eyes.  Now I could see where Trey got his blue-grey eyes from. 

"Mom, Dad, could you two please stop scaring her already?" he asked with a shake of his head.

"Wow son, you actually got a stunner! I thought you'd be lucky with a little mousy girl, but you hit the jackpot," his father complimented as he strode towards me and enveloped me in a bear hug. 

"I'm Trevor, call me if you ever need to beat Trey okay."

"I'll keep that in mind," I answered with a smile.

"So when're you coming to our house for dinner?" he asked me expectantly.

"I don't know.  It hasn't really come up yet," I answered.

"How'd you two know that she was here?" Trey asked his parents with a scowl.

"Owens told us, because obviously you wouldn't," his mother answered in a duh tone. 

"Did you happen to threaten him so he'd tell?" Trey asked knowingly.

"Of course, he's very loyal to you," his father answered shamelessly.

"Couldn't you just wait till I brought her to you?" he asked dryly.

"Yes of course we could have, but we didn't want to," his mom answered.

"You could have scared her for crying out loud!" Trey stressed and for some reason I could tell that he was genuinely stressed that I was going to back away because of his parents.  Without thinking I broke away from his mom and dad's hold and went straight to him.  I touched his bicep and looked up to him.

"It's fine Trey," I soothed.  He looked down at me and his expression changed from being angry to calm.

"You sure?" he asked soothingly as he drew me closer and crushed me to his chest.

"uhhuumm," I murmured against his chest.

"You two are just darling.  Reminds me of when I first met Trevor" his mother exclaimed from behind.  I turned around and smiled at them.  Trey's dad was quiet but I could tell he was observing us and pleased by what he saw.

"Well Susanna and I will be going now.  Don't forget to bring her to the house son, or else you'll be seeing us here again," he warned and gave me a hug before they were gone.