The King

"Don't ever walk away from me. And you'll only go if I say you can," he whispers in my ear and the bites it. He then steps beside me and places his palm on my lower back, mostly on my bum. I turn to face him and scowl.

"I don't like you," I mumble with my forehead creasing.

"I more than like you lady. Now, we need to get this over with and conduct the meeting," he replies and takes my mouth in a heated kiss. I'm still scowling as we walk out of the room and down into the foyer. Sure enough there are people littering the spacious entry way. Some of them I recognize as Trey's grandparents and some are new to me. As we stop at the top of the stairs the people stop and stare then one by one gets on one knee and lowers their head. I notice that Trey's parents and grandparents, who were obviously former rulers, didn't kneel but they did bow their heads as well. I freeze on the step and look to Trey with questioning eyes. He doesn't reply, but he does run his thumb over the small of my back and squeeze my ass. I take this as a reassurance and face the crowd again as he does.

"All rise," he commands, using a voice so cold and detached I would have freaked out if I didn't just witness firsthand how gentle he could be with me.

I notice that most of the men present do indeed have women beside them who I assume are their mates. All of them are beautiful and I'm thankful I did not show up in my pajamas.

Trey makes us descend a few more steps before he stops us yet again and addresses the crowd.

"As you all are aware, I have gathered you here to take action against the threats that have arose from the east. We will move this to the board room, but I would also like to introduce my mate. Your Luna," he announced in the same voice. Yet again they all drop to a knee as his parents just bow their heads, smiling fondly.

"All rise. Let us begin," he snaps and everyone rises and heads for the corridor to the left. We finish descending the stairs and I'm still unsure as to why I'm there. I look to Trey who's slightly behind me, his hand still on the small of my back. He gives me a look full of promises for later and then he gently brushes a kiss on my temple. His parents have hung back to wait for us and they look at us fondly as we approach.

"Son! Stop hogging your mate. You're mother and grandmothers want to fuss over her," his dad says as he claps his hand on Trey's back. His mom grabs my arm and intertwines it with hers.

"I'm still a little snappy Dad. I think I need to take that vacation after all," he mumbles to his father.

"Anytime Son. Just call me. I understand how you feel as I was much the same with your mother," he replied and I made a mental note to ask Trey about that later.

"Darling, where ever did you get this dress from?" his mom asks me.

"It's custom Cavalli," I answered as I let myself be dragged to her side.

"I absolutely love it! I really must take you shopping with the grands and me. You'll love it! We shut down the stores and it's such a freeing experience," she rants and I smile just as her son cuts her off.

"She won't be going mom," he snaps and I throw a glare over my shoulder at him. His dad sees this and laughs while Trey looks just as pissed.

"And why not you prude!?" she throws at her son in a high pitched voice and I laugh.

"Because I'm keeping her to myself. Tell the grands that before all of you try to kidnap her," he warns. Instead of being annoyed like I should be I find it endearing that he's so adverse to us being separated. We stop at a set of opened French doors and I'm shocked when I see the inside. It's a glorified board room. It's so large and has a table looking like it seated 50 comfortably in the middle of the rom. The sides of the room had more chairs and desks and the walls of the room were a deep red. Everyone had taken their seats and I noted that the mates were seated on the men's laps. As Trey's father took the seat to the right of the head of the table, his mother followed him and threw herself onto his lap with delight. My hand was suddenly engulfed in Treys' and he led me to the head of the table, seating himself and then pulling me on to his lap. One of his hands rested low on my hip as his arm was spanning my back and the other one rested high on my thigh. His thumb then started stroking my thigh and I had to grind my teeth together to fight the urge to jump him right then and there.

The meeting went on for two hours and everyone in the room spoke to add parts to the meeting. After a while I had relaxed and one of my hands was resting on my lap and the other on Trey's forearm.

I was fascinated with the way Trey commanded the meeting and took charge. It was an insanely huge turn on and I knew he could tell because at one point he gave me a stare that said everything I needed to know. He still spoke with authority and a cold aloofness that really highlighted his predatory manner. To sum it up my man was not someone you messed with. Ever.

When the meeting ended everyone chatted for a bit before they all started leaving. The last ones to leave were his family. I was now hugging his mother and grandmothers as they all exited the house. The minute the door closed I was swept into his arms and we were transported to his room in a matter of seconds.

AN: It's a steamy scene next. Hit me up if you want me to upload it.  ;)