Mount Hakobe

(Pic of a Vulcan, pic isn't mine)

*Angelina's Pov*

The carriage shakes on its wheels as it speeds towards its intended destination, Mt. Hakobe. The first place I must go to connect with my magic, for this certain place I am connecting with Ice. After this I am going to Jigoku Island to connect with fire, Kaze valley to connect with air, and finally, Raitoningu temple to connect with lightning, Master said I also have a darker side to my powers, but connecting with those can be extremely dangerous not only for me but to those around me.

My eyes travel out my window, the lush green fields of Magnolia's countryside soon turns into the ice cold, vivid snowy ground just at the bottom of Mount Hakobe. The carriage abruptly stops, standing I get out along with two other people, who I learned are hikers going up the mountain. Looking around, ahead is another carriage similar to the one I was in with only two people, I go to turn back to looking at the mountain when I see a certain head of blue. "Macao?!," I gasp. He turns around at the mention of his name and smiles waving at me, I quickly pay my carriage driver and run over to him.

"Angelina?! What are you doing here?!," he laughs his eyes crinkling at the corners as he does so, I smile at him oh gosh he's starting to get so old, Macao's been a great person since I was small, it's nice to see a comforting face here.

"This is my first place to stop to connect with my powers," I smile, "what are you doing here?"

"I just took a job to kill a bunch of Vulcan's here, apparently they keep terrorizing the climbers," he explains a bright glint in his eye, he's always loved easy jobs like that. Well, they're easy to him. 

"Sounds fun! I better get climbing, tell Romeo I said hi when you get back," I beam waving then walk away after he says a brief goodbye as well. Romeo is Macao's 6-year-old son, he adores his Dad which is just adorable.

I stop at the edge of the dirt road to stare at Mt. Hakobe, I really hope Erza was right about this cloak, otherwise I'm going to freeze my butt off during the climb, usually, the cold doesn't bother me, but the temperatures here are way too below freezing for my body. I'm pretty sure Natsu is the only one that would be able to handle this cold without some form of a coat. Maybe Gray too.

Taking the first step into the deep snow, nothing changes, my body still feels the same warmth as it's temperature from before, the only difference is the magical power from my cloak went from a low buzz to a medium hum. Must be because it's finally using its magical energy. I grin and continue my ascent up the mountain, aiming for the peak, the coldest point on Mount Hakobe. As I climb my hand finds its way to my necklaces playing with them, a habit I picked up.

Halfway through my trek, I'm interrupted by a giant Vulcan jumping down in front of me, making the path I'm on shake. "WOMAN WOMAN!," it suddenly cheers banging on its chest, I gasp and back up right before it tries snatching me. I've read about these monkey pervs before, but I've never seen one in real life! Looks like the books really weren't exaggerating when they said that they love human women.

"HANDS OFF YOU MONKEY PERVERT!," I scream, "WATER SLICER!," I send water strong enough to cut steel at the Vulcan deciding not to use fire because I still can't control it well. If I used it I probably would have melted the wrong thing and started an avalanche!

The Vulcan dodges and lands right behind me, "I love woman!" he laughs picking me up and staring at me with heart-filled eyes.

"ICE MAKE HAMMER!," quickly I hit him on the head with the hammer, the Vulcan flies back letting me go. I land on my feet while it lands on its head. Thank you, Gray, for showing me that. Before the Vulcan gets back up I run away at full speed, hopefully, Macao gets to that one, and every other one after it. Those things are creepy. Shivering, not from the temperature, I slow my pace deciding I'm far enough away from the weirdo to be able to.

As I get back to my walking pace my thoughts trail to the books I read a while back about my family name, Lilygreen. My family's powers have trailed back for a long time, one thing I found out that scared me though was that the origin of my powers came from the black wizard Zeref, it is said while creating one of his demons he accidentally created something that controlled all elements, it was very powerful, Zeref tried to use it to control the elements and start great unnatural natural disasters. At first, he was successful, then 4 wizards from the magic council intervened, Ion Diorad, Kale Yunn, Lionel Havaok, and Opal Lilygreen. Those four did not use magic, but magical weapons to defeat the demon since no magic has any true chance against nature. They defeated the demon, but the power of the demon did not fully disappear, the demon transferred its power into the four soldiers before it's death, no one today knows why. Ever since that day, those soldiers powers have been passed down in its family for many generations. I sigh thinking of this, my curiosity growing every second if only Zeref was alive. I would ask him why he made his demon transfer the magic and why he was so evil, but he's been dead for many years, living 400 years previous to me. Then again, maybe it's better for him to be dead, that way he can't make any more demons.

Three days after the Vulcan attack I make it to the peak of Mount Hakobe, not running into anyone or anything else. At the peak is nothing but snow and ice for miles. Sitting down, I take off my cloak, the ice feels like bullets against my cold skin and I shiver. I have to brace myself against the ice in order to connect with it. I shut my eyes and take a deep breath like I did the last time, and focus.

Ice. Ice was made both to encase and preserve. Ice can freeze something in its place and stay like that until it melts, and can be made into different forms to adapt. Ice is surviving. Opening my eyes the snow seems a little brighter and the ice has a new meaning. "ICE MAKE BIRD!," using a technique Gray taught me I form a bird in my palm expecting it to stay stationary since its only supposed to be an ice sculpture but, it flies away?! SO COOL!!!!

Looks like I've connected with Ice, next stop, Jigoku Island.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ik this one was short too, sorry B)