Raitoningu Temple

*Angelina's POV*

It's been a long trek to the temple, 3 months and 3 weeks to be exact. Every moment of it my mind was clouded with worry for Yami and Eve, the incident with that small group of mages in the woods right outside of Margaret Town has completely slipped my mind, I decided I will ask Master about that incident when I return home and see what he thinks of it.

Currently, as I walk heavy storms can be heard overhead and it's pouring rain, my cloak is the only thing stopping me from getting soaked. Finally, the temple comes into view (pic above, minus the people and bright sky, since it's constantly stormy, dark, and lightningy [That is a word now]).

Lightning strikes all around the large building making my skin crawl. Even though I'm part lightning mage, I was never really fond of lightning, and I'm definitely not fond of having to connect with it. I go up to the doors of the temple and gently knock, I also remove my shoes since there's a sign next to the door that says, 'Please remove your shoes before entering.' A man wearing a yellow robe and gray sash answers the door. "Are you Angelina Liligreen? The Fairy Tail member?" he asks in a deep voice, his magic crackles around him like the lightning striking around the temple. I heard these guys are masters at the lightning element.

"Yes," I answer calmly even though I have butterflies in my stomach, I'm so nervous to try and connect with lightning.

"I must have proof," the man's gray eyes narrow at me, he also is very bald.

"Of course," I lean down moving my cloak aside and gently lift my pant leg showing him my guild mark.

"Hm," the man looks at it skeptically, my guild mark is mainly red, but it has all sorts of other colors too, Master thinks it's because of my elemental powers. So, that aside, I can understand why the man is skeptical, there are not many guilds marks out there with this many colors on it as mine.

"Fine, I believe you, follow me, I'll take you to your meditation spot," he says simply in a cold tone, I nod again and he leads me inside the temple. Inside is murals all around depicting the mighty lightning god Reijinraito and even a lightning dragon here or there.

"Sir, if I may ask, what do you worship here?," I ask curiously as we walk down another hall, this one having fewer paintings and murals.

The man smirks, "we worship the mighty lightning god Reijinuraito and his minions the lightning dragons."

"You believe that dragons were the god's minions?," I can't believe what I'm hearing, that honestly sounds so stupid.

The man scoffs, "of course! Why else would they create such mighty creatures other than to control us pathetic humans for them?!"

Well, he just called his own race pathetic, what an ass. "You must not like lightning dragon slayers then," I grin thinking of Laxus, aw man he would go ballistic hearing this. Laxus has always been proud of his power.

"We despise Lightning Dragon Slayers and Lightning God Slayers alike, they can all rot in hell," he spits. A slight frown etches onto my face, I don't like the way he just spat on my friends magic, but I was the one who asked the obvious question so I shouldn't be saying anything.

I keep my mouth shut the rest of the way, we end up at the heart of the temple, there's an opening in the ceiling allowing lightning to strike freely in the area. The area where the hole is surrounded by glass so no one gets stricken while simply walking in the wrong place, but there is a glass door to get into it. Inside the glass there is simply grass, most of it charred black from lightning strikes. and of course, rain is also pouring down into the area.

"You will go in here and meditate to connect with our precious element, when you are done either I or another monk will come and treat any wounds you have gotten from lightning strikes then you will be on your way, understood? And do not worry if you scream, this is soundproof glass so no one will hear you," grins the man a slightly sinister look in his eye, I shiver.

I nod and he opens the door, wincing I take a shaky breath entering the room, my bare feet touching the charred, wet grass, the feeling of soaked ash coming between my toes turning them black. The monk watches me for a moment before leaving. I take off my cloak Erza gave me and set it on the handle of the glass door not wanting to get soot, ash, and mud all over the white fabric. I slightly regret my decision to do so though, because I get soaked in an instant. Then I walk over to the center and sit, thankful I wore a pair of black pants today instead of my usual white ones so they won't get stained. Shutting my eyes I take a deep breath attempting to calm my racing heart.

I place one hand on either knee my heart finally calming down when, the first lightning strike hits me, I scream out half not expecting one so early, hot currents of electricity rip through my body in painful currents making tears spring my eyes, it's over in an instant, but it felt like forever. I didn't know it would feel this awful, the smell of singed hair wavers to my nose and I look at my hair seeing parts of it burned off. I curse under my breath, looks like I'm going to need a haircut after this.

HOLD UP ANGELINA YOU NEED TO FOCUS! I need to connect with lightning asap so I can get back to Yami! I ignore the pulsing pain throughout my body and close my eyes again gritting my teeth, trying to get in that state of meditation like I did with all the other elements. I've connected with Earth, Water, Wind, and Fire, I can do this! I slowly calm my beating heart once more, slowly slipping into the blackness I'm so comfortable with, only be struck yet again!

Gritting my teeth I bite back another scream willing my body to accept the lightning. Willing it to become numb to the sensation of a lightning strike. It's once again over and I'm panting, sweat blooming all over my body, the stench of my hair burning becoming even worse. I hope I'm not bald by the end of this like those guys. My eyes are still shut, my hands still in place, I breathe deeply, my body calming down. Throbbing and pulsing immensely now. I realize now that it's no use trying to calm my frantic heart when the lightning is just going to make it run again.

This time not trying to calm my heart, I slip further into the welcoming blackness of meditation, when I hear the third crack of lightning, but feel nothing, I really hope I'm not dead.