2.

•rebecca•

Walking back from practice every day was one thing I loved to do. In the fifteen minutes of walking, I listened to music and let my mind swim in my own thoughts.

My arms feel sore from the three hours of bumping, serving, and spiking. Even though it got annoying after a while, volleyball has always been my interest.

It's dark and strangely quiet while walk. The slow music from my earphones makes me slightly more comfortable. It's starting to get cold, and I regret not changing from my shorts to my sweatpants.

I inhale the fresh scent of October. The crunchy noise the yellow, orange and brown leaves makes make me smile. The noise and feeling is weirdly satisfying, and it is helping me ease the discomfort I am experiencing right now.

Something feels odd.

My neck twists to look behind me and there's nobody there, but I could still feel the strange feeling.

I pick up my pace and walk to the beat of my music. My bare legs suddenly feel colder than before so I tried to pull my shorts down to warm up my thighs a bit.

I look back again but this time, I see two very tall and large guys about ten meters away. They are both wearing all black but I couldn't see their faces perfectly because it's dark outside. The only light there is, is from the street lights.

Since I was a little girl, I've always thought the worse of things, and always jumped to the bad outcome of things.

My eyes widen as I see the familiar McDonald's. I practically run to the door and sigh when I get inside. I need to stay here for a bit so I don't feel so scared. I pull a chair from the small empty table, sit on it and take my phone out of my coat pocket. I take the earphones out of my ears and the strange silence makes me feel even more uncomfortable.

After unlocking my phone, I quickly dial my dads number. Fortunately, he answers on the second ring.

"Hello?" My dad answers the phone, sounding confused that I'm calling him, since I never do.

"Dad, I need you to come pick me up right now." I assert, praying in my head he'll be able to.

"Are you still at the school? I thought practice ended at 6?"

"No, I'm at the McDonald's." I respond and my mind stops when I see the two guys that were behind me come in.

Maybe they are just normal men. Maybe the only motive in their mind is to eat a hamburger. But their suits, tall figures and just dark presence didn't tell me so.

"That's literally five minutes away, you can walk." He advises. I try to turn my head to face another direction but I can feel the two men's' gaze on me. Never have I felt so afraid in my life.

"Ok I-uh I-I'm gonna g-go home, see you later." I shudder quickly and hang up before he could say bye. I turn to the men again and they were gone, thank god.

I inhale with my nose and exhale with my mouth to calm me down before walking out of the McDonald's.

After two minutes of walking, I smile as I see my house at the end of the street. I hear a car screech and don't even bother to look back.

Before I know it, two hands are grabbing my upper arms and covering my mouth. I try to pull my hands away from their grips and scream but the two men are way stronger then me and all that was coming out of my mouth was muffled screaming that no one would be able to hear.

They shove me into the trunk of a big black SUV and when the black man lets go of my mouth, I scream to the top of my lungs, but a white rag was replaced with his hand and my head feels dizzy.

Then, my vision went black.

———————————————————
(I suggest you read the book with black background)