53.

Songs for this chapter:

When The Party's Over - Billie Eillish

Trip - Ella Mai

Call Out My Name - The Weeknd

__________________________

•rebecca•

After weeks of only peacefulness in Mexico, I was absolutely devastated to find out we had to go back to New York.

We spent Christmas here, New's Year here, but every day here with him was like a holiday.

I made memories here I will never forget, no matter what, I know they'll always be engraved in my heart.

I love it here, and I never ever want to leave.

"What's wrong, baby?" Shawn asks as he comes into the room.

I give him one glance and turn back to my suitcase.

"Nothing." I shrug, giving him the same exact response as last time when he asked me.

I just don't want to talk about it, and I certainly don't want him to stay here for me when he has duties back home.

"Alright." He turns away from me, and begins to walk towards the door.

"I just..." I begin, standing up from the bed and straightening my sleeping gown. He turns around she waits for me to speak.

"I don't want to leave."

He gives me an empathetic smile and comes closer to me. "I know, I don't want to leave either. But I have to go back."

I look down at my feet and nod. He grabs my chin and tilts my head up to face him, before placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"Like I said, I'll be coming home earlier everyday, and taking days off." He reassures me.

I nod and stand on my toes to kiss him before kneeling back down to finish packing my suitcase.

"Are you mad at me?" He asks from behind me. I shake my head and take out a dress to go change in the bathroom.

I hear him breathe out heavily while I begin to get undressed.

I'm not mad at him, I'm just really sad that we're leaving and that everything will go back to normal despite everything that happened to me.

***

After the four hour jet ride from Mexico to New York, we ran back into the car because of the cold air of January.

My sightings are much different from Mexico to here.

Instead of the hot air of Mexico, the air is excruciatingly cold.

Instead of the green landscapes, the ground is covered of cold and wet snow and ice.

I had to change from my pretty yellow dress to one of my warm tracksuits, from my sandals to my Uggs and had to apply Vaseline on my face in a result of the effect of the temperature on my skin.

Now here is am, all balled up in a warm blanket with the car seat all the way down, while watching my favourite Disney movie. Or Pixar or whatever.

"You're such a kid." Shawn chuckles beside me.

He glances at my movie like it's a joke, and I shake my head at him.